Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Wharton
  • Breakfast included
  • Pool
$52
$104
All reviewsyogurtgood sizeper nightlocation is greatburgerroom was cleanwould definitely stay here againplace to stayfree breakfastgas stationstaff was friendlylittle bitdesk clerkin townhighwaytxcorner
Reviewed January 27, 2013

This is where we stay when visiting family. The staff is always nice and wiling to help. Rooms a big and always clean. In Wharton there is not a lot to choose from and its nice to have a good comfortable one.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Mariano O
Reviewed November 30, 2012

I recently stayed at this hotel on a trip to visit relatives. I shared the room with 3 others. The room was very large - two queen beds as well as a loveseat and two chairs. A kitchenette was available, but we did not need to use it. The room was clean and the bathroom was nice. My only complaint about the hotel is the free breakfast. I have had much better food at other "express suite" type hotels. There was variety, but not much of it was good. They offered breakfast sausage and bacon, but it was all too greasy. They eggs were microwaved (except for the hardboiled ones). There was toast and yogurt that was good, and one day they had cinnamon rolls. Coffee and juice were available. As you can see, they did offer a lot of different things, but most of it was not appetizing. However, there are restaurants nearby, and for snacks, a Buc-ee's on a nearby corner. If I were going to Wharton again, I would stay here, but I would not count on the breakfast.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed September 17, 2012

Options in Wharton are limited. I booked this hotel because I had business at the hospital next door. My stay was comfortable. My room was clean and quiet, breakfast was typical of a free hotel breakfast, the staff was gracious and friendly. If I have to return to Wharton again, I would definately stay here. Plus, it is near Buc-ees, which is a must visit if you are in this part of the state.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed May 24, 2012

I recently stayed at this hotel on a business trip that brought me to Wharton. While it is clearly the best place to stay within Wharton, it is very overpriced for the area. I am a Priority Club Platinum, and on arrival, very nicely asked for a quiet room. I get to my room to find I was given a room on the first floor (not my preference) in between the pool, elevator, and fitness room - the NOISIEST room in the hotel. I went back to the check in desk to ask to change rooms, and had to wait at least 10 minutes for the front desk agent to come back to the desk. After much resistance, she changed my room. Not the way to treat your best customers I don't think.

Once I got to my room, it was very large, clean and comfortable. Breakfast was just OK - I have had much better at other HIX locations.

This hotel has a lot of people working on the pipeline staying there at the moment, and as such, they seem to charge a higher rate that I would have expected. I have since had two other visits to the area, and have chosen to stay down the road in Rosenberg instead of in Wharton. There are many more restaurants and things to do in Rosenberg, and a much better selection of hotels.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled on business
Management response:Responded July 11, 2012

Dear heatherinPhilly,

Thank you for taking the time to review our property. I am pleased you enjoyed the spacious, clean and comfortable room during your stay. We want every guest to receive comfortable and friendly accommodations. I’m very disappointed to hear about your experience during your check-in. I want to assure you this is not how we treat our Priority Club Platinum members. Our hotel is very proud of its level of service. We take all reviews positive and negative very seriously, and your feedback will help us improve for our next guest or your next visit. We would hope that you would give us another chance to make your stay as best as it can be.

Ferdinand G
Case Manager
IHGCare

Reviewed May 24, 2012

I booked a one nite stay and had to cancel. So I cancel and they charged me anyway. I call and talked to the GM and he was rude as I let him know it was unfair to charge me if I cancel ahead of time and his remark was " Well just like the Airlines charge for canceling so do we " . I said but the whole room charge ? Yes ! I told him i would see him in court and he said ok By !

Never again will I book with Holiday Inn Express again !

Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Rebecca Y
Management response:Responded July 11, 2012

Dear Rebecca Y,

Thank you for taking the time to review our property. We are very disappointed to hear about your experience. We take comments such as these very serious and would like to follow up with you. I have sent you a private message in effort to obtain more information.

I look forward to hearing back from you very soon.

Ferdinand G