“Awesome enchiladas!”

Cuisines: Mexican
Roanoke, Texas
“Awesome enchiladas!”
Reviewed March 29, 2014

I almost didn't go to this restaurant because of the negative reviews until I realized that the majority of people that write reviews are only doing it because they have something negative to say. People that had a good experience are not driven to write a review so I thought I should.
Our first visit I was ready for bad food, ordered the tilapia, my husband ordered the beef enchiladas. The very first thing I was impressed with was the chips and salsa! Excellent! Not watery, thick enough to cling to the light crispy fresh tasting chips! I would have bought the chips and salsa to take home if they offered them. My tilapia was really good and fresh and my husbands enchiladas were the best I have tasted in a long time! We were going to Christinas in Trophy Club quiet a bit until now. The enchiladas were so good I had to order them tonight. I ordered from the build your meal where you can get two, three or four items from a determined list and the prices were really good! I ordered 1 sour cream chicken enchilada, 1 beef enchilada and 1 chicken flauta and it came with beans and rice. I was impressed with all three! I will probably order the same thing next visit! It did take a few minutes for us to get a waiter and drinks but we were very pleased with the service one he knew we were there! We will be eating all of our Mexican food here in the future!

• Visited March 2014

san francisco
“$21 for a cup of chilli, a bowl of tortilla soup and 2 non-alcoholic beers.”
Reviewed March 14, 2014

This place was completely adequate and overwhelmingly mediocre. I would not go back. The soup was not good enough to finish and the chilli was ok. I think that the hotel probably has better food. The whole office complex/shopping center is pretty deserted so I guess they are struggling to hang on.

• Visited March 2014
North Richland Hills, Texas
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Bad Business”
Reviewed February 6, 2014

As a long time business customer, I am disappointed in Diego's continued decline in value and service. They are grossly overpriced and miss no opportunities to charge for extras, including chips. Really? Charging for chips at a Mexican restaurant? Their kitchen is slow, their food is mediocre and their staff is inattentive and unfriendly. And now apparently a party of five necessitates a 20% automatic gratuity. Being checked on twice in two hours and having to hunt down waitstaff 3 times is unacceptable and certainly not worthy of a 20% tip. My last bad experience at this restaurant will truly be my last. Drive another mile down 114 and go to Cristina's for better food, better service and a better atmosphere.

• Visited February 2014
1 Thank TxChelsey
Roanoke, Texas
“great margarita high prices”
Reviewed February 5, 2014

Love, love, love their grand margarita- happy hour price $5.50. Unfortunately server failed to advise us of $2.99 charge per ticket for chips/salsa and automatic 20% tip for party of 5 bring cost of margarita to $11.03! Unacceptable and deceiving. Not a great way to treat business park customers who are your bread and butter.

• Visited February 2014
1 Thank mycustomer50
Dallas, Texas
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Best margarita around”
Reviewed November 7, 2013 credit card Amex Card Member Review

Pros: This place has the best frozen margarita around. Grande Special is our regular order during our happy hours.
Cons: You gotta pay for the chips while most Tex Mex place around offer it free.

Visited October 2013