“Very nice!”

Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Westlake
Dallas, TX
“Very nice!”
Reviewed May 6, 2010

This hotel is a bit out of the way from either Dallas or Fort Worth, but if you need a hotel close to Texas Motor Speedway (TMS), it is within 5 miles and an excellent choice. The city of Solana has won design awards for its unique architecture and this hotel fits the motif very well. The rooms and accomodations are up to high standards at such a reasonable rate. The pool and hot tub area are very nice, as are the bar/lounge. It is a short shuttle ride to the Southlake town square, which has many shops and restaurants as well. I would certainly recommend this hotel to anyone needing a place in this area.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (52)
Ontario
Reviewed March 4, 2010

This property is very clean, has good food selections (Starbucks coffee on site!) and free wireless internet. Check-out the lunch buffet - excellent value.

I would recommend this property for both business and leisure travel. Within a few minutes drive there are many food options. Property is very close to a number of businesses. Had a comfortable two nights stay.

• Stayed February 2010, traveled on business
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed January 25, 2010

It's a nice property right off the highway so it's easy to get to and depending on traffic about 20 minutes from downtown and 10 minutes from DFW. It's part of a mall/business park complex. The mall looked like it had decent dinner options that were all as easy walk from the front door. The staff was pleasant, the rooms were clean and spacious and the bar/lounge area was pretty hoppin' the nights I was there. It's a tad pricey because I think they are positioning themselves as a resort but i have no complaints. It was a nice change form the courtyards I normally stay at.

• Stayed December 2009, traveled on business
wa state
Reviewed December 23, 2009

Our room was damp, but the bed was the most comfortable place in the world. Seriously, I hung up my bra and when I went to put it on the next morning it was wet. Everything was damp, but not mildewy, just damp. We were with a group of a hundred families for the Rethinking Education Conference, and the staff was accommodating, for the most part. I wasn't happy with the fee for wireless internet access in the rooms. Also, they said they'd have microwaves but they didn't. When the kids were printing stuff in the business center, they unplugged the printer 7 said it was broken but it wasn't. That wasn't very professional. The kids are guests, too and it' was a bit rude to inconvenience the guests who needed the printer just to spite a few kids.

Anyway the hotel was nice, I don't usually stay in places this expensive, we usually choose hotels that serve free breakfast and offer free wifi, and we almost never pay this much per night, but when you're with a large group, you have to go to a place that can accommodate everyone and this hotel did that well.

The pool was beautiful, the fireside patio at night was beautiful. The decor was cute. They had a free shuttle that takes you anywhere within 5 miles, and there's plenty of places to go.

I'm recommending it, but I wouldn't stay there again. I like free breakfast.

• Stayed September 2009, traveled on business
Washington
Reviewed October 18, 2009

First impression wasn't great: the Marriott shuttle driver from DFW to hotel was not helpful at all. He didn’t get up from his seat once, to help people on or off with their bags.

At the hotel, the front desk was efficient and friendly. The hotel is nice looking, sleek and simple. I had one of the rooms with a tiny Juliet balcony, it was nice to have my balcony door open a bit to hear the soothing sound from the fountain by the pool below. On the other hand, my adjoining door to the room next door let in some chatting/laughing sounds from my next door neighbors. Luckily, they were earlier to bed than I was, otherwise I would have been very unhappy. My only other minor complaint about the room was the bathroom counter - there wasn't one. A small little ledge and sink surround, and no place to set my stuff.

Food was better than I expected. I had: room service quesadillas; conference buffets/appetizers/lunches; and a lunch in the Cielo restaurant - pasta with sausage. All good. Room service did "lose" my order one night - it was supposed to take 15 minutes to get a bottle of wine delivered, and ended up taking over an hour, with two calls from me.

• Stayed February 2009, traveled on business
Texas
Reviewed October 3, 2009

The Solana is a wonderful hotel! Every time we stay they treat us great. Platinum members, they have a wonderful concierge. We have been given a free upgrade to a suite every time we ask! I love the pool area. The rooms are large, beds comfortable, breakfast buffet, delicious. This last visit, the pool was closed for part of the evening but the Solona staff comped us for the inconvenience...Free parking garage is a plus! They have two restaurants within walking distance, an Italian, wonderful food and prices fair and Mexican, great food selection, fair prices and excellent to taste! The Solana has a very nice fitness center and a wonderful walking trail. I love the suite with the large walk out balcony, a very quiet, peaceful room. This is one of our favorite places to just get away for the weekend!

• Stayed October 2009, traveled as a couple
Rochester, Minnesota
Reviewed June 28, 2009

The rooms were great. All of the Catering and Front desk staff were friendly and plesant to deal with. I was disappointed because the only option for dinner was the lounge ( filled with bar patrons ) or the room service menu. The On Line Hotel web site lists a restaurant with a dinner menu, it just does not exist. A group of us decided to go to the local shopping center for dinner. The staff at the front desk told us to wait out front and the shuttle would be ther shortly to take us to the shopping center. fourty Five minutes later a hotel shuttle arrived, after getting on the driver got very indignant and told us he had no time to take us to the shopping center.

• Stayed June 2009, traveled on business
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Also consider these accommodations in or near Westlake
Hilton Dallas/Southlake Town Square
Cambria Southlake DFW North
Hampton Inn & Suites Trophy Club - Fort Worth North
Homewood Suites by Hilton Trophy Club Fort Worth North
Best Western Roanoke Inn & Suites
WoodSpring Suites Fort Worth Trophy Club

Been to Dallas/Fort Worth Marriott Solana? Share your experiences!