“Awesome Hotel”

Dallas/Fort Worth Marriott Solana
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Westlake
Reviewed April 28, 2014

I stayed here for a business event. My check-in was a breeze and the checkout was also done with ease. I only bring that up because I was in a time constrained situation. The front desk folks helped me out and that was a big plus for me. Overall, all staff was friendly. The room was very comfortable for what I was there to do. No issues with the room. While I was attending my event, there were multiple other business events and the hotel staff seemed to be handling everything excellently. Again, great hotel, great stay.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled on business

Reviewed April 15, 2014 via mobile

I'm a loyal Marriott customer with easily over 50 nights a year, globally. The Solana staff and facility raises that bar on what I will expect from other Marriott locations. The staff at the front desk, their shuttle crew, an OCD housekeeping team, the Ceilo restaurant servers (Jess!) and the one-touch "At Your Service" operators (great job, Forest!). The hotel is beautifully decorated with contemporary art and architectural designs that make up for their the lack of view due to the "suburban?" location. Thanks, Team Solana!

Stayed: April 2014, traveled on business
Reviewed March 25, 2014

This hotel is clearly a business hotel. My husband uses this hotel often when he travels to Dallas for work. He booked it for my son and I during my son's state gymnastics meet. He made a great choice for us! The staff here goes above and beyond! For example, I went to the Starbucks in the lobby for a black iced tea. They only had green tea. Instead of saying, "no, sorry!" they personally walked me over to the restaurant to get an iced tea for me there. The waiter brought it right out free of charge. Wow! The exercise room was nice and was always stocked with water, towels, cool towels and fruit. The pool and hot tub looked very nice. The concierge room was nice. It is closed on weekends but the front desk gave us a voucher for breakfast in the restaurant each morning. That was also totally unexpected and wonderful! Will definitely be back!

Stayed: March 2014, traveled with family
Reviewed March 22, 2014

Stayed two nights while on a business trip.

Really impressed with the customer service at the front desk. Check-in is a breeze with well prepared staff who are eager to help. Rooms are clean and modern.

Walking to distance to a number of restaurants which a plus Starbucks is onsite.

Shuttle service is als excellent.

However the one night we ate at the Hotel restaurant, service was lacking even with 2 servers and only a couple of patrons. Lots of room for improvement compared to the Mexican restaurant 2 min walk.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled on business
Reviewed March 18, 2014

I highly recommend this hotel and had a great experience there. The building has a unique, contemporary and beautiful architecture. It is located in a wooded area that is pleasant and quiet. The interior lobby, restaurant, bar area and conference rooms are designed and decorated nicely with muted colors, stone surfaces and glass walls. The room price was extremely reasonable. The rooms were large, with a lot of natural light, modern furnishings and a good quality bed with crisp clean bedding. Room service and restaurant food were delicious and beautifully presented. Chef and wait staff could not have been nicer or more eager to make me comfortable and happy. The best part of my 4-night stay was the overall customer service experience. It was extraordinary. Jason Horonzy, Director of Hotel Operations, and his staff are the model of how the hospitality industry should work. In my 40 plus years of travel, I have never received such high quality service.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled with friends
Todd W, General Manager at Dallas/Fort Worth Marriott Solana, responded to this reviewResponded March 20, 2014

Thank you for taking the time to share your comments about our hotel. It is always great to hear from our guests that have enjoyed their experience. I will be sure to share your comments with Jason and our team as this is truly what motivates them to continue to deliver excellent service to our guests. Thank you for choosing the Marriott Solana Hotel.

Todd Winch General Manager

Reviewed March 12, 2014

I have stayed here twice in the last month. It is a really nice hotel at this price point (<$120). Staff was very friendly. Room are clean and comfortable. My biggest complaint is the parking garage. It is underground and also the smoking area for guests and employees. Even with no one smoking, the garage smell like and old pool hall. I would definitely stay there again.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled with family
Jason H, Manager at Dallas/Fort Worth Marriott Solana, responded to this reviewResponded March 13, 2014

Thank you very much for the generous feedback in regards to your recent visit. I truly appreciate the positive comments about the staff, clean rooms and the value that you received while staying here. I am also apologetic about your experience in our parking garage. I will be addressing this issue with my hotel team to ensure that it is rectified before your next visit. Thanks again for the feedback and we will see you soon.

Jason Horonzy, Director of Hotel Operations

Reviewed March 9, 2014

We have stayed at the Marriott Solana 3 times in the past two years. Each employee at Marriott Solana seems to enjoy what they do. The employees are eager to help and have great attitudes. The rooms are always clean. The pool area is beautiful. Each time we've stayed here, I have requested specific views, and they have accommodated each time. Great breakfast buffet!!

Room Tip: some rooms have small balconies that are nice for opening and letting fresh air in. beautiful views...