“Service is Phenomenal at the Marriott Solana”

Dallas/Fort Worth Marriott Solana
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Westlake
Reviewed June 8, 2008

I'm not sure how they do it, but the staff at this hotel has a way of balancing their extreme service with genuine hospitality that doesn't make you feel like they're greeting you because it's part of their job description, or like you're being interrupted or disturbed by their attempts to help.

I arrived on a very hot Dallas day to lemonade at the ready. A chef from the restaurant was serving up appetizer for the early evening's arrivals. I suppose to entice them to stay for dinner...and I would also suggest that. I took advantage of the restaurant as well as room service and enjoy the food very much.

I didn't utilize the conference facilities or the fitness center, but I took advantage of the shuttle service that is happy to take you to the airport or to the area's restaurants and mall.

The room is very comfortable with great amenities and wonderful linens making the night's sleep heavenly. But the best part of the hotel by far...again...was the staff and their true dedication to service and hospitality.

• Stayed: May 2008, traveled on business
1  Thank Senorita3
There are newer reviews for Dallas/Fort Worth Marriott Solana

Reviewed January 24, 2008

Was in the area for a weekend concert. We've driven past this Marriott a number of times and were always amazed at how unique looking the hotel and surrounding buildings are.

Location is nice and quiet with no worry about freeway noise. Easy to get on and off Hwy 114, downtown Fort Worth and Dallas are probably a good 20 to 30 minutes away. Good shopping about two miles down the road at the Southlake Town Square and Grapevine Mills Outlet Shopping/Bass Pro Shop is about 20 minutes away.

The hotel itself is going through a renovation. Some areas were closed off, pool wasn't open, etc. One can utilize a nearby gym for free via passes. It is obvious this hotel was built in the 80s since the decor has the look of that decade. Unfortunately the hotel does show its age. Our room had been updated but you could see where things were painted over, paint drips in the bathroom, wall paper that didn't look cleanly installed were things that didn't give the room a clean fresh look. Also, and I have no idea why hotel builders do this, the door to our room had about a 1 inch gap at the bottom. So whenever your neighbors were going in and out of their rooms or talking in the hallway you heard it all. One would think this could be fixed. I was just thankful that our neighbors for the most part were quiet. And I can honestly say this would be the reason I would NOT return to this hotel. When I stay at a hotel I am expecting some peace and quiet and a huge gap under the door doesn't fit into that scenario. Other than the noise issue, we had a very nice balcony (too cold to use and it suprised me there was no patio furniture to utilize, kind of made me think, what's is the point of the balcony if you can't sit outside and enjoy it) and room comes with a decent sized LCD television with plenty of digital stations.

Staff were all quite very nice. I'd say this was probably the thing I enjoyed most about the hotel, the staff was just helpful and nice. Lemon water, cider, cookies are available at checkin which I thought was a nice touch. We had a package deal where we got some Southlake Town Square gift certificates and free breakfast. The breakfast was good, order up an omelete or eat all you want at the buffet.

This isn't a bad place, I've just stayed at other Marriotts in the Dallas area and know there are better hotels in the area for the same or less money.

• Stayed: January 2008, traveled as a couple
1  Thank hondast1100
Reviewed October 18, 2006

Very nice hotel. The beds are fantastic. Architects gone wild in what seems like the middle of nowhere! Staff is friendly but not always attentive. They make some mistakes. I enjoy staying there because it is clean, and the beds are GREAT. Starbucks downstairs is convenient. Could use some remodeling- carpeting/furniture but overall good and would stay again.

• Stayed: September 2006, traveled on business
1  Thank TropicalTraveler78
Reviewed October 2, 2006

I stayed here with my husband who was on business. The hotel is nice, not my style of decor, but nothing to rave about. The pool and setting are beautiful and I enjoyed the nearby walking path. The rooms are a little dull, but ours had a spectacular private balcony which we had breakfast on. You are able to request a fridge, which we did. I don't like that you have to pay $10 for internet. The staff was pleasant and very helpful. It was nice, but nothing you'll remember for years to come...

• Stayed: September 2006, traveled on business
2  Thank toasty
Reviewed July 6, 2006

I stayed in the Marriott for a week in June while on a Business trip and I couldn't have been more impressed. First let me start with the rooms. The room is extremely large with gorgeous furniture, a large lovely bathrooom and the most amazing king size bed. The bed is the most comfortable hotel bed I have ever stayed in with what i can only describe as luxurious quilts and pillows (you can even buy these duvet sets from the Marriot if you wish) and mine is on the way! The hotel has a nice pool area with a jacuzzi which I spent some time in and enjoyed.

There is a great room service menu which i sampled only one night. But what I got was excellent. The staff very firendly and courteous, I needed a mobile phone charger and they brought one down to my room straight away.

The Hotel itself is very big and spacious with a bar and two restaurants. But its the fabulous bedrooms that are its greatest selling point - they are so large and comfortable. If you are every travelling to Westlake - do not hesitate to pick the Mariott.

• Stayed: June 2006, traveled on business
Reviewed April 12, 2006

At first glance, this hotel has most everything right. Beautiful architecture, friendly staff and spacious rooms. However, I had the bad luck of being given an adjoining room. It is unbelievable how thin these doors are! The woman next door was on the phone for 90 minutes and I heard all of her conversation! I finally pounded on the wall to get her to be quiet. When I inquired at the desk, they offered no relief and simply said they had heard that complaint before.

I was booked for two nights and only stayed for one. I have traveled for 15 years and never encountered a problem like this (and I've stayed in some pretty questionable properties!). This hotel needs to spend money and replace the plywood doors with a soundproof door. Until they make this change, I would not recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: April 2006, traveled on business
2  Thank Bill L
Reviewed March 4, 2006

If you're expecting a La Quinta or Red Roof Inn experience, this Marriott will meet your expectations.
Some of the staff are very nice, then there are others that don't speak a word of english and are in charge of bags and such. We attended a wedding and a man was in charge of moving some boxes from the reception at the end of the night. One of those boxes contained a glass memorial candle holder which was shattered because he took the luggage cart down a ramp too fast. The owner of the box told him to slow down but because he couldn't understand her, he went right on down the ramp at top speed and broke the candle holder.
The rooms are rather sparsely decorated but the beds are very comfortable.
I won't ever go back to this Marriott.

• Stayed: March 2006, traveled on business
Also consider these accommodations in or near Westlake
Hilton Dallas/Southlake Town Square
Cambria Southlake DFW North
Hampton Inn & Suites Trophy Club - Fort Worth North
Homewood Suites by Hilton Trophy Club Fort Worth North
Dallas/Fort Worth Airport Marriott
WoodSpring Suites Fort Worth Trophy Club

Been to Dallas/Fort Worth Marriott Solana? Share your experiences!