“Sleek and Contemporary”

Dallas/Fort Worth Marriott Solana
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Westlake
Reviewed June 15, 2012

The outside entrance of this hotel is a great head fake... it looks dreary and old...but inside, it is a beautiful and contemporary hotel with all the amenities. The rooms are nicely appointed, with lots of light. The bathrooms have limited counterspace, but are supplemented with a low ledge behind the sink. Like all full service Marriott's you can expect a great bathrobe, slippers and in room coffee. There is a a fitness room that is just average, but they are quite willing to send you over to a off-site health club that includes sauna, massage and more. This is for Marriott members staying two or more night and it is in walking distance. There is a parking garage at the hotel but valet parked for me and I didn't notice any charge of the service other than a tip. This hotel is very close to the freeway and easy to find. If you are traveling on business this is a real oasis. I did not see any wireless access in the rooms but they did offer wired access.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled on business

Reviewed June 7, 2012

I book several meetings per year at various hotels across the USA so I have a frame of reference. When booking hotels, I've never had to ask about the price of Internet and access to cell phone service during a meeting before. Now I've learned, after 30+ meetings, that it is something I'll have to discuss at the contract level. Here's why:

The Marriott-Solana purposely blocks your cell phone reception while in their meeting rooms because they want you to have to purchase Internet access. That's not a problem...but the cost is! They have it on a sliding scale. Apparently, I was quoted $225 per user for one to two users, $200 PER USER for 3 to 5 users, $150 PER USER for 6 to 11 users and so forth. I had at least 10 people that would normally connect during the meeting so do the math and arrive at $1500!!!! This is outrageous and I've never encountered this in any other hotel across the USA.

The other irritating thing is that I usually connect to my banquet captains for logistical needs during the meeting via cell phone/text because I don't want to disrupt the meeting just to get a coffee refill, etc. So since they blocked my cell, I wasn't able to get proper communication to my contact. Again, unacceptable!

This is quite a racket they have going there.

But, other than these two issues, which would prevent me from having another business meeting there, I thought the staff at the Marriott Solana was exceptional. They were soooo sweet. They were so accommodating. I wish every hotel I work with had the professional staff that was at the Marriott Solana.

I gave them a 4 of 5 due to the staff's sweet & professional manner but really since I would never go back they should probably only get a 1. Who will want to go there when Internet & Cell Phones are the backbone of our business and family travel?

Room Tip: I used room 231 which was extremely convenient to the meeting rooms (on the same level). There was...
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled on business
2  Thank Karen M
Reviewed May 29, 2012

We just returned from a weekend at the hotel and we could not be happier with the service and friendly staff members. We had room with a very large and private patio. We loved the total sun blocking curtains that kept the room dark until we were ready to wake up! Thanks to all the nice folks at Marriott for making us comfortable.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed May 25, 2012 via mobile

Stayed here for 2 days for my daughter's soccer tournament held on the fields about a mile away. The hotel is close to the Southlake town square, shopping, restaurants, historic downtown Grapevine and DFW airport. A trip to downtown Dallas can take 45 min or more due to construction, so I would stay here if you have business needs in the nearby communities. The hotel was built in the 90's, but feels clean, modern and spacious. The room was clean and well equipped. Nice pool and
grounds. Got a great AAA rate and 3 pm extended check-out. Would definitely stay here again

• Stayed: May 2012
Reviewed April 12, 2012

Just got back from a two night stay for work. This is the third time I have stayed. Generally it has been good. The architecture is defiinately not your typical Marriott which is good. I stay in a lot of marriotts and most of their buildings are really ugly. This one is an exception. My room was a good size with all the amenities you would expect. Althought the design of the hotel was better than most marriotts it still had the same toiletries, shower head, hair dryer, etc. so you knew you were staying at a Marriott. They also offer a decent room service ... I got there a bit late. And they have a bar that was well used by our group. For work it was good. I spent most of my time in the banquet rooms. It is a bit off the beaten track so I am not sure I would stay for anything beyond work.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed April 9, 2012

I was there overnight for a meeting. The Staff was very polite and Very helpful. I was greatest by every employee with a hello and a smile.
It was a pleasure to stay there.
Thank you to the staff!

• Stayed: April 2012
Reviewed March 13, 2012

I am in town for three weeks..I have chosen to bounce around a bit to try to find the best accommodations ... I am going no further then here.... Super hotel...

The Marriott has lots of style very unique looking hotel. Very clean... Cool rooms....service is super Thxs Paula...

The gym has two options...one to use state of art property located gym...nice or u get a pass to go to a local fitness club which is walking distance....very cool...

Conceirge lounge is very nice...Starbucks coffee machine...nice...hotel is a few miles from southlaketown square...shopping center which is newer and better than grapevine if you ask me...shuttle will take u there for movie or food or shopping...much better location than grapevine...

All in all hotel has very cool feel about it...highly recommend

All in a

Room Tip: Balcony rooms are great...
  • Stayed: March 2012, traveled on business
Also consider these accommodations in or near Westlake
Hilton Dallas/Southlake Town Square
Cambria Southlake DFW North
Homewood Suites by Hilton Trophy Club Fort Worth North
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites DFW - Grapevine
Hampton Inn & Suites Trophy Club - Fort Worth North
Best Western Roanoke Inn & Suites

Been to Dallas/Fort Worth Marriott Solana? Share your experiences!