“Authentic, enchanting, and warm!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Aycock Crews House

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in West Columbia
Aycock Crews House
You added Aycock Crews House to your Saves list
Melbourne, Florida
“Authentic, enchanting, and warm!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 12, 2011

My wife and I, along with our baby, stayed at this B&B while attending a wedding hosted at this same location. We stayed in the largest suite and it was QUITE Large! In fact, everything about the Aycock Crews house is spacious, rich with detail and history. I really felt as though I had been transported back in time to early sugar cane plantation days of S.E. Texas. Although, despite the illusion of time travel to the past, there was no lack of modern luxury. Our suite had a jaccuzi-style jetted tub and a his/hers sink vanity, flat screen TV, a pleathura of lighting and a spacious closet. The Queen size bed was very comfortable and adorned with ornate bed coverings.

Outside, the grounds have a lot to offer in terms of historical points of interest - not to mention wonderful vistas and photograph opportunities. Just accorss the road (less than 100 yards) is an small, one-room cabin that was once home to pre-civil war slaves. And, just a further bit beyond that is a walk-out dock on the Brazos River.

A stay at the Aycock crews B&B would be a real treat for a historical enthusiast, I appologize, but not being a historian, I cannot do this wonderful, history-filled house the proper justice it deserves in terms of explaining the historical treasure it has to offer visitors. However, the owners certainly can! The owners are very well versed in the historical era and geography in which their B&B is set.

The owners had a very warm, positive and 'whatever it takes to make you comfortable' attitude which I really appreciated. I would certainly stay here again and would have complete confidence in recommending to others.

Room Tip: Any room, is a wonderful room. I was able to tour all three. However, the master suite is about 2x...