“Not What It Appears to Be”

and 1 more site!
Columbia Lakes Resort and Country Club
Ranked #1 of 4 Hotels in West Columbia
Missouri City, Texas
“Not What It Appears to Be”
Reviewed March 31, 2012

I recently stayed at the Resort and found that everything was not what it appeared to be. We were promised things that still were not quite right. The rooms we were placed in were in much need of renovation. The mini refridgerators were only big enough to hold very small drinks. The patio doors could not open properly. The restrooms and toilets were in need of upgrades. The phones did not work and their was no ice available. There were not enough towels for the number of people housed per room, and some of the houses experienced air conditioning problems. My overall experience was not what I expected, however, the staff that was present tried to make us as comfortable as possible except for the maintenance man. The room pictured here on this page is not what I are anyone with me received. I would not recommend this place unless upgrades and changes are made. The conference room we were placed in smelled of smoke and the carpet was a hazard. The tables were not properly skirted and we had to find someone to assist us with that before we could start our program. The food was on an average level as for as taste goes, however, the wait staff was very pleasant. The location of the resort was in a great spot, however, much work is needed if they want repeat customers for the prices they are charging.

Room Tip: Check the beds and bathrooms too!
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled with friends
25 Thank monicarblanton
Kimberly S, Guest Relations Manager at Columbia Lakes Resort and Country Club, responded to this review, April 4, 2012
Thank you for your honesty and feedback. Your comments and concerns are very important to us and we will use this to help make improvements with our property. We apologize for your bad experience and we look forward to serving you better in the future. Feel free to email me @ ksmith@columbialakesgolf.com. with any further questions or concerns and I will be more than happy to help. Have a wonderful day!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
Houston, Texas
Reviewed March 29, 2012

I must say in the room that I stayed in the paint was chiped so bad on the toilet seat sitting down was not an option. The phone did not work and the person that came by to fix it stated that he could not get it to work but we all should have cell phone so we were good. We were told that breakfast would be a 7:00am and when we got to breakfast at 7:20am no food was out and there was a bit of a wait not sure why that was and once the food was out the food was cold I had to ask the server to please heat up my plate. The room conference room smelled of smoke. The place looks very old and run down

Room Tip: upgrade and remodel
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled on business
21 Thank Dommonique B
Thank you for your input. It is because of our customers who are willing to inform us of their experience that we are able to improve quality and service. Your comments are taken seriously and will be utilized to help improve our property. Our customers feedback is important to us, we look forward to serving you in the future with progress from your last stay.
Kimberly Smith :-)
Guest Relations Manager
Missouri City, Texas
Reviewed March 17, 2012

I'm here at Columbia Lakes and Resort and its GREAT!!! I enjoy the service and the food is AWESOME...Everyone is soooo friendly!!!

I have to give this place a 5Star!!!!!

Room Tip: The cottages are clean and quiet...they are sooooo personal...
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple
West Columbia, Texas
Reviewed February 26, 2012

My in laws came to visit and booked a room in the city of West Columbia (not sure exactly where, but there aren't many) and hated it. We suggested canceling and coming to Columbia Lakes to the cottages. We knew they had renovated the rooms, and we were not dissappointed! The cottages were great! Like a home away from home. Living room, litchen, and 2 full bedrooms each with its own bath! Highly recommended.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled with family
5 Thank shargurl
Angleton, Texas
Reviewed January 20, 2012

Our company had a sales meeting Wednesday Jan 18, 2012. We played a round of golf Tues & Thurs. We stayed in the cottages. For winter time, i personally thought the course was in great shape. Bunkers were raked and plenty of sand. Fairways were super and the greens were excellent. I understand a new greenskeeper was hired (Ray Blankenship) and has 30 yrs in this field. The accommodations were great as well as the food both in the restaurant and their cantina (Mulligans) We will be back.

Room Tip: I suggest the cottages!
  • Stayed January 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank danny p
Houston
Reviewed January 17, 2012

Used to stay and play at Columbia Lakes at least twice a year when I lived in Houston. I was back visiting relatives and honestly didn't believe the reviews it was getting. The golf course was one of the best in the state 5+ years ago. The reviews were kind in my opinion. Simply inexcusable course conditions. I really didn't think a course could be that neglected in the 5 or 6 years since I played it last. Avoid this place like the plague. After our golf "experience" we chose not to stay overnight, so no review on the villas/cottages. Can only imagine how angry the homeowners around the course are.

Room Tip: Stay in Houston!!
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled with friends
23 Thank Brian D
Brenham, Texas
Reviewed January 17, 2012

Another couple went with us to Columbia Lakes and spent 1 night in a very nice (could have used a few "finishing touches") 2-bedroom cottage. The guys played a round each of golf on Sunday afternoon and again on Monday morning. We had a super dinner Sunday night at Baytown Seafood in West Columbia. All in all it was a wonderful experience and we would do it again for sure. The Groupon was a great deal but wouldn't spend the money the Resort and Country Club is charging.

Room Tip: The 2 bedrooms were connected to a common living room which also had a small kitchenette, one on eac...
  • Stayed January 2012, traveled with friends
Best Western Plus Lake Jackson Inn & Suites
Comfort Suites
Comfort Suites
#2 of 6 in Lake Jackson

Been to Columbia Lakes Resort and Country Club? Share your experiences!