I've stayed at this hotel several times in the past, last time being a couple years ago. I thought they had completed a renovation, so we decided to stay here again (we had been staying at another OGI Hotel in Donna).
I had trouble making a reservation. Went to the website and the put in the dates, and the booking engine didn't work (still doesn't work). I called the hotel and they gave me the number to reservations. No answer, so I called back to ensure I had the correct number, which I did (the operator couldn't make my reservation). I tried the number again, and still there wasn't any answer. I would have emailed the hotel, but I couldn't find an email address at their website or the parent company's website. I still wanted to stay there, so I ended up booking on a third party website. Maybe there's a cost savings in not having their own booking engine, instead, relying on the different third party websites.
The room I was in hadn't been renovated. It was pretty worn, but housekeeping had it clean. No mini fridge, as it was missing from it's location. Both the sink and bath tub was missing the drain stoppers, so I could see a couple toothpaste caps in the sink drain. The tv wasn't working correctly, and it took a call and a trip to the front desk to get someone to look at it. The AC worked well, and the shower had good pressure and hot water. We were located at the opposite end of the pool, but we could still hear the music from the bar.
Breakfast was good, though no eggs to order. The waiter we had kept the table cleared and our coffee cups full.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Palm Aire Hotel and Suites Weslaco TX Hotel is located in the semi-tropical Rio Grande Valley, 2 exits from Rio Grande Valley Outlet Mall,five miles from the Progresso,MX, and approximately 20 miles from Miller Airport and Valley International Airport. This location is also two miles from Tower Theater, three miles from the Valley Nature Center and Gladys Porter Zoo, five miles from golf courses PGA rated Tierra Santa, 14 miles from the Santa Ana Wildlife Refuge, 20 the Iwo Jima Memorial, and 40 miles from South Padre Island. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Orbitz, Hotwire, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, Cheap Tickets and getaroom.com so you can book your Palm Aire Hotel & Suites reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Palm Aire Hotel Weslaco
- Palm Aire Hotel And Suites
- Weslaco Best Western Palm Aire
- Best Western Palm Aire
- Best Western Weslaco