“Still needs a little work”

Palm Aire Hotel & Suites
Ranked #7 of 10 Hotels in Weslaco
San Antonio, Texas
“Still needs a little work”
Reviewed December 5, 2013

I've stayed at this hotel several times in the past, last time being a couple years ago. I thought they had completed a renovation, so we decided to stay here again (we had been staying at another OGI Hotel in Donna).

I had trouble making a reservation. Went to the website and the put in the dates, and the booking engine didn't work (still doesn't work). I called the hotel and they gave me the number to reservations. No answer, so I called back to ensure I had the correct number, which I did (the operator couldn't make my reservation). I tried the number again, and still there wasn't any answer. I would have emailed the hotel, but I couldn't find an email address at their website or the parent company's website. I still wanted to stay there, so I ended up booking on a third party website. Maybe there's a cost savings in not having their own booking engine, instead, relying on the different third party websites.

The room I was in hadn't been renovated. It was pretty worn, but housekeeping had it clean. No mini fridge, as it was missing from it's location. Both the sink and bath tub was missing the drain stoppers, so I could see a couple toothpaste caps in the sink drain. The tv wasn't working correctly, and it took a call and a trip to the front desk to get someone to look at it. The AC worked well, and the shower had good pressure and hot water. We were located at the opposite end of the pool, but we could still hear the music from the bar.

Breakfast was good, though no eggs to order. The waiter we had kept the table cleared and our coffee cups full.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Bajaj V, General Manager at Palm Aire Hotel & Suites, responded to this review, December 17, 2013
Dear John78223,

Thank you for your review on our hotel, Yes we are currently undergoing quite a few renovations and improvements, and while in the process also trying to make sure it does not affect our guests. We sure hope this does not affect your decision to come back. We always work hard to provide every guest 100 customer service.

Ileana

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (28)
Youngsville, Louisiana
Reviewed December 4, 2013

I have stayed at Palm Aire many times and have always been very happy with the service, atmosphere and rooms. The rooms are large, very clean and the bed was comfortable. They have a really nice pool and sitting area. The full breakfast is free and is outstanding with eggs, bacon, sausage, biscuits, pancakes, waffles, hashbrowns, toast, fruit and cereal. The landscape is nice and well kept. It is only five minutes from the border and Progreso, Mexico which is a good place to shop. I would highly recommend staying here.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled solo
Bajaj V, General Manager at Palm Aire Hotel & Suites, responded to this review, December 5, 2013
Hello Connieretired Here at Palm Aire Hotel we love when you are satisfied with what we have to offer, and we love to hear your feedback! We worked hard everyday to make sure every single guests walks out of here with a smile and relaxed. Thank you for such a wonderful review.

Avondale, Arizona
Reviewed December 3, 2013

I stay at this hotel for two weeks and I'm so glad with the service, the clean room and the breakfast restaurant. I love the pool and the bar every weekend bcuz the have karaoke and live music. I give 5 start because is the best hotel ever. The front desk staff are so friendly. Next time I'm going to stay there for sure.

1 Thank sdj0903
Thank you for your review, we are sure glad to hear you enjoyed your stay with us. Im glad your are taking advatange of ALL the amenities we have to offer to our guests. Hope to see you soon!

Roswell, NM
Reviewed November 13, 2013

Spent almost a week here in Weslaco at this hotel. Rate was best I could find and the room was a king room with comfortable chair, a desk with two chairs, and desk/bar with an office chair. It was a very comfortable and large room. Only negatives were no bedside table and lamp on one side of bed and also bed height was a struggle for wife and myself but 7 ft. basketball player would have been right at home. Overall a very good place to stay and even a full breakfast each morning. A great value for the $$.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Bajaj V, General Manager at Palm Aire Hotel & Suites, responded to this review, November 16, 2013
Mr. William J,

Thank you for your review on our hotel, i am happy to hear you enjoyed staying with us. Hope to see you all soon!

Pasadena, Texas
Reviewed November 12, 2013

I really enjoyed staying at this hotel, very nice person , it was nice ang clean, I have to admit the full breakfast was awesome, we asked for an omelette and the cook was actually making them to order, .
I will defiantly stay here again..
Oh yeah and the price was amazing, for all we got..
Rick Guzman
Pasadena , Texas

Room Tip: Great price for all you get.. A full breakfast , friendly staff
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
Bajaj V, General Manager at Palm Aire Hotel & Suites, responded to this review, November 13, 2013
Mr Guzman,

We are excited to hear that bringing back the cook to order omelette is a hit. We try to provide 100%satisfactory customer service to our guests. We are going under quite a few improvements with our guests in mind. Hope to see you all back soon.

San Marcos, TX
Reviewed October 20, 2013

Went here for a conference this weekend. Don't know how it compares in price to other places in the same area, but the price is good for someone who has stayed at pricier hotels. My only complaint is that my room didn't have any hot water. I told them at the front desk, and they did offer to have someone look at it, but they must have had other priorities. Also this is the first hotel I've stayed at that didn't have a mini fridge and microwave. This is a trend I understand when the hotel has an on site restaurant so they can push their food service, but the restaurant only opens for breakfast. (The breakfast is free to residents) . I didn't miss the microwave that much, but I did miss having a place to put sodas and the nearby soda machine was sold out off all choices I wanted.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Bajaj V, General Manager at Palm Aire Hotel & Suites, responded to this review, October 22, 2013
I'm glad you enjoyed your stay at our hotel, we are currently undergoing alot of improvements and one of them is to have more mini fridges and microwaves available to our guests and have the restaurant open for breakfast, lunch and even dinner. We do appreciate every guest that takes the time to post a review on tripadvisor wether it is good or bad it helps us (the hotel) make adjustments and provide better customer service to our guests.

Thank you and hope to see you here soon!

Ileana R.
SAN ANTONIO
Reviewed September 23, 2013

Promised newly remodeled rooms but carpet shabby, room smelled musty & stale like hadn't been occupied in a long time. Discover credit card cldnt be used. Good price for 2 room suite & free breakfast.

• Stayed September 2013
Bajaj V, General Manager at Palm Aire Hotel & Suites, responded to this review, September 24, 2013
We appreciate you taking the time to post a review on our hotel. We are currently working on a new frontdesk system, and yes Discover card will be accepted. I sure hope that you do decide to come back and stay with us in our new rooms. We do apologize for any inconvenience you have encountered and do strive to make your nex stay a better one.

Ileana
Also consider these accommodations in or near Weslaco
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Weslaco
Best Western Town Center Inn
Victoria Palms Inn & Suites
Texas Inn Weslaco
Texas Inn Weslaco
#8 of 10 in Weslaco
La Quinta Inn & Suites Mercedes
Hampton Inn & Suites McAllen

Been to Palm Aire Hotel & Suites? Share your experiences!