I have stayed at "fine resort hotels" costing more then twice the price and not gotten half the value of this Best Western motel. The Palm Aire has tennis, racquetball and hand ball courts, outdoor shuffle board court, a fully equipped work out room, sauna, jacuzzi and a huge swimming pool with different sections for wading toddlers, swimmers and cabana lounging parents. There are also a full service bar and a restaurant located in the main building. The whole property is lined with the signature palm trees and around the massive pool area providing great shade . The grounds are well groomed and clean. The lobby, conference center and other parts of the main building are decorated in hard woods and plush carpeting. Again, more finely decorated then other more expensive hotels I have visited. There is also a gift shop and I believe a salon.
We visited relatives in the area for three days. It was very hot in July but our rooms were chilly cold, quite clean and so welcoming to come back to. This was the first time I have stayed somewhere and really believed that the cleaning staff deserved a tip. The bed linen and towels smelled clean, the room was immaculate, and even though we requested a smoking room (for my roommate) there was no hint of cigarette smoke. Even the windows looked scrubbed.
The unbelievable part of our stay was the breakfast buffet. The motel's restaurant could easily make it on it's own. The food was wonderful. The breakfast buffet includes every kind of food that can be considered "breakfast". They had a large variety of cereals, yogurts, pastries, cheeses, juices and fruits. They also had serve your-self hot buffet with biscuits, gravy, bacon, sausage, fried potatoes, corn beef hash and scrambled. There was a waffle station with an attendant and a couple of full-service, short-order cooks making all kinds of eggs to order, omelets and regular pancakes. The kitchen staff were friendly and obviously very attentive of the buffet; constantly cleaning and replenishing. Each day we managed to have a different waitress and they all were cheerful and friendly and offered to bring us seconds and suggested different things to try. Unbelievably, this whole breakfast experience was included in the price of our room!
The restaurant and breakfast experience has become a highlight of our vacation memories. Next time we come to south Texas we will definitely stay at the Palm Aire. I heartily recommend it to every one and hope others have the great experience we did.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Palm Aire Hotel and Suites Weslaco TX Hotel is located in the semi-tropical Rio Grande Valley, 2 exits from Rio Grande Valley Outlet Mall,five miles from the Progresso,MX, and approximately 20 miles from Miller Airport and Valley International Airport. This location is also two miles from Tower Theater, three miles from the Valley Nature Center and Gladys Porter Zoo, five miles from golf courses PGA rated Tierra Santa, 14 miles from the Santa Ana Wildlife Refuge, 20 the Iwo Jima Memorial, and 40 miles from South Padre Island. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Orbitz, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com and Hotwire so you can book your Palm Aire Hotel & Suites reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Palm Aire Hotel And Suites
- Palm Aire Hotel Weslaco
- Best Western Palm Aire
- Weslaco Best Western Palm Aire
- Best Western Weslaco