“Senior citizens DON'T GO to this place!!”
Review of Golden Corral

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Golden Corral
Ranked #45 of 115 Restaurants in Weslaco
Cuisines: American
Reviewed February 3, 2013

we notice an old couple sat down next to us. Soon after the server comes over and tells them that they need to pay for their drinks because the cashier didn't charge them. The older lady explained to him that they weren't charged because they were senior citizens. They server walked off and told them not to say anything because usually they don't give discounts. They elderly man was wearing a black hat indicating he was also a veteran, the manager comes storming in and says "the server explained that you needed to pay for your drinks before you ate right?" The older lady said "but when we go to Harlingen they give us a discount for being senior citizens do you not do this here?" The manager very rudely says are you in Harlingen? This is Weslaco we don't do that here! Needless to say they walked out and asked for their money back. I was disgusted. We have gone to Harlingen before and they do give discounts. The anger the manager had was terrible, have some respect for your elders. We left and haven't gone back since, I will never give this establishment any of my money, I care about our veterans and our elders. To top it off the place smelled like feet and there is mold on the ceilings. If you walk in you will find a wall dedicated to our troops. Obviously they don't care. The manager spoke to them so terribly. Hope when he gets to that age people treat him like that or worse. Plus we spent like 35.00 to 40.00 for two people I could have gone to the Texas Road House and have an awesome dinner for that amount.

7  Thank PumpkinPie03

Reviewed January 27, 2013

Salad bar was probably the best item on the buffet. Cole slaw had a terrible flavor. Steak was the best item of the hot food along with fried onions and mushrooms. Meat loaf didn't have a lot of flavor. The other items were pretty bland. Cost was around $25 which I thought was quite spendy. For dessert I had the blueberry pie which was excellent. I am sure others love the place but personally I would never eat here again.

2  Thank Dean W
Reviewed January 1, 2013

I probably hadn't eaten here in like 12 years. I really enjoyed it, thought it was an absolute bargain and with a great selection of food. Maybe I just hit it on a good day.

Reviewed August 23, 2012

pros: quick, semi fresh and always a plus for the kids. the chocolate fountain is a wonderful invention. :)
cons: always crowded, pretty dirty especially the bathrooms. YUCK! Very little seating and the place always smells like wet rags.

1  Thank PumpkinPie03
Reviewed July 21, 2012

It's pretty clean and there is a variety bit the same specials run for 3 weeks. Boring..

Been to Golden Corral? Share your experiences!