“A 'BestWestern' Style Hotel in Weimar, TX”
Review of Motel 6 Weimar, TX

Motel 6 Weimar, TX
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Weimar
Medford, Massachusetts
“A 'BestWestern' Style Hotel in Weimar, TX”
Reviewed January 10, 2013

If you are familiar with the Bestwestern Chain Hotels, and you are more than satisfied with its services then Days Inn Weimar Hotel/Lodging is perfect for you.
It is a two stores building.My room is on the second floor and it is big, with a king size bed, a bath room wth cotton towels laid down (different sizes), travel size bottles of shampoo & conditioner, but the basin is outside with a huge mirror and strong light (perfect for ladies when you apply makeup or do your hair -there is a hair dryer). Also, inside the room there is a coffeemaker, a microwave, a small fridge and a big screen tv with a remote. If you are visiting in summer, then dont worry coz you also have an air conditioner in the room ( i didnt use it coz I hate cold). Breakfast is served from 5.30 am till 10 am. Its very simple yet delicious. You can have cereal/oatmeal with milk, toast with butter & jam, muffins, rolls, apples, orange juice, coffee or cappuccino. Outside there is a swimming pool. We are in january so its not filled up with water. This place offers short stay as well as extended stay (which was perfect for me). I did check the pictures they posted on their website, and to be honest the pictures display what you will really find.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
Casa Grande, Arizona
Reviewed December 14, 2012

I called and was quoted a senior rate for 2 of $62 but when I arrived they refused to honor the rate. I was given room 106 but the vent fan in bathroom squealed very loudly. I was given room 123. This room has a dirty toilet and a mirror that has water spots all over it. My wife to tired to travel anymore so we a stuck here. If I could I would leave and ask for a refund. Front desk clerk really poor at customer service. Too busy with lady and kids of his that are here to worry about customers

Room Tip: I do not know of any good rooms here
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple

Travelers are raving about these Weimar hotels

Minters Chapel
Reviewed October 12, 2012

Very accomodating staff. Clean, tidy room, new flat screen TV. Microwave and fridge, free internet.. The property is well kept although the pool area is closed for winter. Mostly pipeline workers staying here, up partying but no problems. An excellent choce for the area. Many restaurants and convenience stores within walking distance.

Room Tip: Loud: front entrance and pool areas, were other guests gather. Late. Total for a large king room was...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed September 21, 2012

The front desk guy was ok. You can tell he doesn't want to be there but he did at least recommend if we wanted food, head to Columbus. I was in a first floor King room. First of all, they were ripping off the roof and it was loud, even on the 1st floor. But that happens, so I tried to ignore it. Next step was a shower....DISGUSTING BATHROOM! There were THREE dead cockroaches in that tiny bathroom in addition to the FIVE living crickets. The shower faucet and head looked like they'd never been cleaned before. I lined the floor with towels because I was afraid of what would happen to my feet if I didn't. The bed was pretty hard but the room was $70 so there I can't complain. I was surprised to have cable, nice little bonus. It did go out a few times. Now here's the biggest rub: THERE WERE CRICKETS AND ROACHES EVERYWHERE IN THE ROOM!!! Every few minutes there was chirping so forget about sleeping. That made this stay not even worth $5! Breakfast offered was a loaf of bread, Special K or mini individually wrapped pecan pies and cinnamon buns. Then juice was offered in a large carton for you to pour your own. Out of milk and out of coffee. Completely awful experience!!! Please try somewhere else.

• Stayed September 2012
1 Thank TxLady22
Reviewed January 6, 2012

I had low expectations as this was our only choice halfway betweenSan Antonio and Houston, but I was very pleasantly surprised. I found a very kind check-in dude, a very clean, comfortable room and a huge TV so kids were happy. I was traveling alone with two young kids and a wimpy dog, but I felt totally safe as the rooms were accessed by lobby and not outside. At 6:15a when we left, there was hot fresh coffee in lobby, so what more could you ask from a $70 room? Highly recommend.

• Stayed January 2012
Menifee, California
Reviewed October 22, 2011

While making our recent cross country move, we decided to forgo checking the internet or making phone calls to travel agencies for one night and just go by bill board advertisements. We passed several freeway exits with hotel bill boards, maybe twenty five miles worth? We telephoned many hotels directly to inquire of their rates. Most of the desirable ones wanted over eighty dollars a night.
Finally, just before Weimer, Texas, we happened upon a Days Inn bill board. No rate was posted on the board, so we called the inn directly. The quoted rate was reasonable so we decided to drive by it and scope it out.
We were surprised at the outside appearance, recently constructed looking. We decided to secure a room for the night. The desk clerk was very nice and informative. She explained the inn's amenities and policies very well. Outdoor pool, business center, free wi-fi, morning meal, etc.
We requested a two bed non-smoking room on the ground floor and this was given to us. The beds were doubles and were as comfortable as could be expected at the rate. A large single sink vanity was there. Room had a tub/shower combo. The climate control worked well. I was surprised at the strength of the wi-fi signal I got on my tablet from this room. Our room was at the far end of the inn and signals are usually weak at that distance.
As far as dining choices go at this area, one is limited to either a 7Eleven or a Diary King. The morning meal offering was very disappointing to say the least. We attempted to partake of this around 8 AM. What food had been there was nearly gone. What was left consisted of single packaged oatmeal cream cakes and a little bit of some type of frosted flake cereal.

Room Tip: Ground floor close to front lobby.
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled with family
Colorado Springs
Reviewed September 30, 2011

I'm not exactly sure what the other reviewers expect. You know the price, and you can see the outside of the hotel. Well, the inside was better than expected, and the staff were very friendly. I showed up around midnight looking for a place to stay. They got me a room right away. Someone had accidentally forgotten to put towels in my room, but they had them at my doorstep the second I hung up the phone. I hate staying at hotels because of hotel sheets and hotel bathrooms. This place was CLEAN. I was so tired this night that I actually sat down in the shower (it was as clean or cleaner than my shower at home.) The next morning the man at the front desk was able to help me with directions to the nearest tire shop. He drew maps for me of both Weimer and Columbus and seemed like a walking, talking GoogleMap.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled solo
Also consider these accommodations in or near Weimar
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Schulenburg
Americas Best Value Inn
Americas Best Value Inn
#2 of 5 in Columbus
La Quinta Inn & Suites Columbus

Been to Motel 6 Weimar, TX? Share your experiences!