“Great staff very friendly and accommodating. The rates are very reasonable”

Comfort Suites Webster
Ranked #11 of 17 Hotels in Webster
Reviewed August 4, 2013

Great!!! Close to shopping, easy access from highway, close to restaurants. Tonya was very friendly and easy to work with! !!! Rooms were clean and very spacious. Friendly staff to work with. I had a group of 60 and out rooms were ready when we arrived and the mtg room was set up timely

• Stayed: August 2013

Reviewed August 1, 2013

When we arrived at the hotel, we were informed that the elevator was broken and we were placed on the third floor in a room for a person with a physical handicap (why on the third floor?). After being in our room for a short time, there was a knock on the door from someone claiming to have the room. We chalked it up to mistake on his part. When the second person arrived and said he had belongings in our room, we went to the front desk. We learned that the management had moved the other person's belongings without notification (despite being told they would have the same room for the entirety of their stay). The individuals were not contacted because they had an international phone number. The manger was not helpful but very rude to the individual whose belongings were moved and to my husband who tried to explain our concern with safety in his establishment. The front desk person was kind but was not able to do anything to help the situation. The police were called because belongings were moved and it was questionable whether items were missing. If we had been scheduled to stay more than one night, we would have left. The family whose belongings were moved were visiting the US for the first time. I hope they don't judge all Americans by the rude tone and actions of this manager (he actually hung up the phone on the gentleman and was terse and irate with my husband for suggesting he should assist in this situation). All the time we are wondering...why did they move this family instead of just placing us in the room they moved them to? Seems like poor management to me.

Our room also had a cheap carpet deodorizer smell, which was very strong and irritating.

We will certainly not be staying in this hotel ever again.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank happycricket
Reviewed July 29, 2013

Management moved all of our items to a different room while we were out for the day. No advance warning or notification. Our items were just dumped into a pile in a new room. We did not find out about this change until we tried to get into our prior room and other people were in the room. The lady at the front desk was very nice and tried to be helpful, but the management team (a husband and wife) works from their "home" which is apparently 60 miles away. Over the phone, the manager had nothing to say other than that "things happen." No apologies and no consideration. The rudeness of the management made a very disturbing situation much worse. It will take awhile before we can determine if all of our items were moved or if some are missing or stolen.

Room Tip: Choose another hotel unless management changes. If a problem does arise, there will be no one to he...
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank regoldie
CmfrtSuits-WebsterTX, Owner at Comfort Suites Webster, responded to this reviewResponded July 30, 2013

Guest had two separate reservations in the system. May be there could be change in plans later and 2nd reservation was made for early arrival. On first night Guest was placed in a room per 2nd reservation. Next day Hotel called guest to move to his originally reserved room. Guest had international number (Argentina) on file, he could not be reached till check in time.

Since the hotel was sold out that night and subject room was assigned to different guest, hotel was forced to move the baggage to his room per reservation.

Guest blamed hotel for missing IPAD – it was later found by guest in his own baggage. Guest stayed with hotel for 3 nights.

Being weekend, management was not physically at the hotel but available to staff and guest 24/7 by phone. Courtesy discount offered to guest for inconvenience.

Reviewed July 25, 2013

We just stayed here for the 3rd time and it was a good stay again. We have family in the Clear Lake area and we find that this hotel is in a good location, it's clean, has a good breakfast, friendly staff, and comfortable rooms. We will continue to stay here and recommend it to anyone looking for a hotel in this area.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed July 19, 2013

The hotel was clean, breakfast okay, very busy when we were there and understaffed -- often had to wait at the front desk, only one employee working. The front desk was very nice and helpful. My problem was really that I accidentally left an item behind. I realized it several hours after we left, so I called and requested that it be mailed to my home address and was told that it would be. Two weeks later when I made it home and the item had not, I called and requested it be mailed to me. After a couple of phone calls it was properly identified and I was told once again that it would be mailed to me -- which it still hasn't. I called again today...at this point a little irritated and requested to speak to the manager, which he wouldn't do at first. This time the employee requested to charge the shipping charges to my card and when I said no, I thought at this time it should be done as a courtesy the manager finally got on the phone. He was brusk, unapologetic for never sending the item or calling me back ('it was not his fault he never got the message') and said he would definitely not pay the shipping charges for the item (and I don't trust him to charge me fairly to ship the item). I told him I would complain to Choice and he accused me of threatening him and hung up on me. When speaking with Choice hotels I learned that their recommendation is to never allow a hotel to charge you for shipping an item, but to arrange pick-up for it yourself through a shipping company. As long as you don't actually need to speak to the staff you might have an excellent experience at this hotel -- but I frankly would not recommend it.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank booglesC
Reviewed July 4, 2013

We stayed at this hotel for the first two nights of our holiday to Texas because of it was close to NASA Space Centre. Booking in was easy, the room was clean and the breakfast was good. The staff were friendly and helpful especially Carlos who thought we were mad to walk from there to the space centre. Would recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 5, 2013

I stayed here May 31st and the room was a king suite. Easy check in and out. I turned the wall air conditioning to 60 degrees because the air in Webster is so muggy. Nicely appointed room. 32 inch TV flat screen. Average furniture. Study desk. Free WiFi. No room service. Lots of places to order in. 2 blocks to local hospital Clear Lake Regional. Jason's Deli nearby. Room has 4 pillows to bed. Lots of closet space. Mini fridge and microwave. Coffeemaker. Bathroom is clean and toilet is gravity flush. Countertops are simulated granite. Desk has many chips, cookies and sundries you can buy. Full breakfast with eggs, sausage, cereal, coffee, toast, muffins, waffles, yogurt, orange juice, milk, and oatmeal. Room is sort of small. Couch that folds out as a sleeper. Coffee table. Plenty of drawer space for clothing and full sized iron and ironing board. Shower has 6 settings and plenty of hot water. Tub and sink are white as is toilet. Toiletries are shampoo and hand lotion. No extra noise heard outside or between rooms. Parking is adequate. No security guard. Office buildings across the street. Porters for wheeling luggage in and no valet. Large dining area with TV. Large lobby. Indoor pool. Business room with two screens and a printer. Exercise room with treadmills. A business class place. Two phones in the room one at the desk and one at the bed. Elevators. 4 floors. Nothing fancy. A solid 4 star experience. They handle a lot of groups in the summer so it could get crowded since NASA is just down the street a mile or so.
Hampton Inn and Holiday Inn Express are across the street. Mall is across the freeway.

Room Tip: Car is a necessity. Stay downstairs if you want a poolside location.
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business
2  Thank jthutmd
CmfrtSuits-WebsterTX, General Manager at Comfort Suites Webster, responded to this reviewResponded June 14, 2013

Thx for your kind comments. Please give us opportunity in future!!