La Quinta Inn & Suites Houston/Clear Lake-NASA
$154
$141
$129
$109
Comfort Suites Webster(Webster)(Great Value!)
$99
$62
$55
$89
$78
All reviewswafflesgalveston areafree breakfaststaff was friendlytv channelsstayed two nightssleeper sofahotel is locatedfirst floorclear lakeexcellent hotelbaybrook mallgreat place to staygreat roomking bedbusiness centerleague city
Reviewed August 11, 2013

We love La Quinta Inn and Suites but this hotel is not up to their standards. Here were the issues with our 4 day trip that ended today.
1. Body hair on pull out sofa bedding for kids to sleep on. When I asked for replacement sheets, the person at the front desk said I had to come down and get them myself. I asked why and she said her manager would not let her leave the front desk. Eventually, she did allow her.
2. The 1st morning, the batter dispenser for the waffle maker was broken. How about mixing the batter up and putting it out on the table just like other places do when the dispenser is broken.
3. The sink did not drain.
4. The pool was nice and well taken care of.
5. I asked on the 1st night if the dispenser for waffles was going to be fixed (we had promised our kids waffles) and the manager on duty seemed shocked that it was broken. She checked it out and it was fixed indicating that it was not broken in the 1st place, just a lazy person not wanting to fill it up.
6. The 2nd morning, I found out why they won't come up to your room to bring things you need. They only have 1 person on duty. The poor lady was refilling the breakfast area, answering the front desk phone on a cordless, while she used pointing motions to tell someone how to fix the coffee maker (which gave poor tasting product to boot).
7. On the last night, they only gave us 3 towels for 4 people. I once again asked for some towels and was told that I would once again how to come and pick them up. I decided to just pick it up at breakfast the next morning. When I went, they were out of towels and was told the housekeeper would not be in to wash them until 9:00 (this was 8:15). By the way, the couple behind me was also asking for towels. They simply ran out and did not have enough for each hotel visitor.

I am not blaming this experience on the workers at the hotel because they clearly were trying their best and were understaffed and under equipped. I blame the hotel management and would not stay at this hotel ever again nor recommend it to anyone as I have other La Quintas in the past. If this is the direction La Quinta are going to go, I will cease being a loyal customer but my guess is that this the one bad location among all the other excellent La Quinta locations that I have experience over the years.

Room Tip: Don't stay at this hotel.
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank jkel2003
Reviewed August 3, 2013

Review collected in partnership with La Quinta
Reviewed July 17, 2013

My family and I stayed here instead of staying in Galveston. We got a cheaper rate for a nice hotel then we could get on the island. We stayed two nights. The room was clean and the staff was friendly. We accidently left a beach bag in the closet that had towels, swim suits, water shoes, goggles, sunscreen and even some money. We didn't discover it missing until we had been home for two days. I called and left a message for the manager and he called me back the next day. We discussed how he would put it in the smallest box he could and ship it the cheapest he could. We live about almost 3 hours away. The box with all our stuff was on my porch the very next day. Outstanding service. We will stay again.

1  Thank RLH769
Reviewed July 14, 2013

The quality of service that I received fulfill my expectations. The rooms are very well maintenance, very nice rooms clean and beds are comfortable. I love the breakfast. The customer service is great and the speed of the check in and out process is easy faster and great. I am really recommend anyone to stay at this hotel.

Review collected in partnership with La Quinta
1  Thank Odra A
Reviewed June 22, 2013

I walk in tired early morning greeted by a very nice lady at the front desk i think her name was wendy she got me and my family in a room very quick and pointed us to a good breakfast overall the area and the enviroment but me and my wife say wendy at the front desk made the experience much more delightful hassle free and I would recommend to any of my family or friends

• Stayed: June 2013