“Food is nearly always good, but service is starting to suck on a regular basis.”
3 of 5 bubbles Review of SALAD Express

Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Seating, Takeout, Wheelchair Accessible
Brazoria, Texas, United States
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 14, 2014

A couple of years ago I would have given them a top notch rating. My first visit: Food was great. I dropped my knife and barely sat up straight in my seat before our waiter was there with a new set of silverware. I was blown away. Sadly I have never seen that waiter there since.

A later experience: The restaurant was crowded and the greeter refused to look us in the eye. When we asked how many ahead of us, he shot out a round number of about 20 (if I recall). He could have just as well said: I don't need your business, go away.

Worst experience last week: A crowd, but we were seated in a corner, our order was taken and then we were ignored for about 30 minutes. My tea was nasty tasting and needed replacing, but no waitress to be found anywhere around. When the food finally arrived, just before we walked out without it, were were full from eating chips and drinking water.

• Visited July 2014

Houston, Texas
“salad express”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 2, 2014

salad express is an excellent salad bar and for those that are vegans or vegetarians great with health conscience travelers and a variety of other foods for children as well.

Visited March 2014
Belleair Beach, Florida
“Best salad bar in the Webster area”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 18, 2014 via mobile

I love this place. I wish they had many, many locations. We need more Salad Express.

It's much better, imo, than those other golden corral type salad buffet places.

Houston, Texas
“STOP!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 7, 2013

STOP here, and you automatically STOP your diet! Sooo good. I always give them the opportunity to use their marble slab. I get at least two flavors w/toppings, and get them "slabbed together". Just the best.

Visited August 2013
1 Thank ThomasInHouston
Alyth, Scotland
“assemble your own salad”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 28, 2013

I like going to Salad Express because you get to assemble your own salad by picking whatever veggies and fruits and nuts and seeds you want. There is also a soup bar and baked potatoes but I like filling up on the salad. You get a really healthy meal for a low price and great service too.

• Visited August 2013