“Great food, but the kitchen messed up my order.”

Pappasito's Cantina
Ranked #8 of 156 Restaurants in Webster
Cuisines: Mexican
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Milwaukee, WI
“Great food, but the kitchen messed up my order.”
Reviewed November 20, 2012

I'm not quite sure if I'm cursed when it comes to dining out, but lately, everytime I go out to eat, my order gets messed up somehow. At lunch earlier that day, the same thing happened (different review)! I was visiting my friend here in Friendswood, and both she and I are on a gluten free diet, and we let our waitress know. The manager was sent over to take our order, so that nothing would get messed up. He repeated back what we wanted, and all was good.

It took a while to get our food, but we had our drinks (the skinny margarita is fabulous!) and the chips, salsa, and somekind of quacamole-type dip were also fabulous. When our food arrived, the side dish of grilled vegetables were the only thing correct of my order. The rest of it had to get sent back. REALLY? By the time I finished the grilled vegetables (those, too, were good!), I was completely full. My order finally came, but I couldn't eat. I took a bite, just so I could taste it freshly made before I would have to microwave it as leftovers. It was delicious! Sadly, I did have to take it to go, though.

The manager came by, and apologized, but blamed the kitchen. He didn't even offer to comp my beverages, take a percentage off the bill, or take it off all togther to make things right. That put me off completely. I may go back if I'm in town to visit, only because the food is really good. If my order were to get messed up again, I wouldn't go back.

I made the leftovers for lunch the next day before I left to go home again. Wasn't the same, but at least I know that it would've been delicious had I eaten it fresh.

• Visited November 2012

Rochester, Minnesota
“Excellent Tex-Mex food!”
Reviewed November 15, 2012

The best Tex-Mex food I've found in south Texas! Start with the guacamole made fresh at your table, it's excellent. We ordered chimichangas, shrimp barquette tacos, shredded beef enchiladas, tamales and everything at the table was excellent! I don't think you can go wrong with anything on the menu. I will be back for sure.

• Visited November 2012
Kansas City, Missouri
“Real Mexican”
Reviewed September 27, 2012

We vivisted this restaurant when we were on vacation in Texas. We went with family and I was surprised at the great food we had. I expected it to be another texmex experience and the food was excellant. The size of the plates were unbelievable no one finished their food. The waiter was very nice and attentive. I would recomend this to anyone that likes to eat a lot, or maybe you can share a plate. Prices not bad either.

• Visited September 2012
Ocala, Florida
“Fish Tacos”
Reviewed September 4, 2012

I have eaten several types of fish tacos. From S. Cal to NJ (a little different here) but the best I have every had was at Pappasito's in Webster, TX....Fried or baked either one is great.

Be hungry when you order. Had one order that had three LARGE fish tacos...ate on the patio in the Houston area in August...not to smart...moved inside where it was much cooler. Great food...and drinks.

Visited August 2012
texas
“Great food and service.”
Reviewed September 1, 2012 via mobile

We stop here for lunch when we have the car serviced at the car dealership next door. We have always been greeted with friendly staff and quick service. Food is served promptly and with a warning of hot plates of food. Worth the money.