“Old, dark musty restaurant !”

Mamacitas Restaurant
Ranked #43 of 154 Restaurants in Webster
Cuisines: Mexican, Southwestern
Good for: Large groups, Local cuisine, Kids, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff
Houston, Texas
“Old, dark musty restaurant !”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 26, 2012

My family and I went to this restaurant on a Sunday evening. First impression is the old decor and outdated environment , staff does not have knowledge of the menu, rude and no service. And for Mexican food the restaurant is a little bit pricey. Go somewhere else that appreciate your business !!

• Visited November 2012

Houston, Texas
“Good choice!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 5, 2012

We recently tried this place during our visit to Webster. The wait was not too long despite it being Friday night. The service was wonderful. The menu had excellent variety of choices. The waitress asked me what I liked and made many suggestions about my preferences.

• Visited November 2012
Webster, Texas
“HORRIBLE EXPERIENCE!!!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 26, 2012

HORRIBLE EXPERIENCE!!! HAIR in Fish Taco, NO service, No smiles, Tried to deny hair!! @ 6 p.m. tonight, 6/26/12. We are 2 anglo females, average-looking, decently dressed, 30 & 50yrs old. Waited, waited, waited, waited ...not very busy but Could Not get a waiter! finally had to go grab nearest waiter, Karen, to get someone for us. Waited, waited, waited. Finally drink order guy shows, we order Mango ritas [1 froz., 1 rocks] + side of guac. Waited, waited, waited. Much later 2 other tables right beside us came in. They got their drinks...still none for us. Finally grab yet another waiter. Waited, waited, waited. Regular ritas arrive. Try to grab someone... more waiting. Finally MGR. comes, he takes our order while giving me a 'superior' look when I accidentally say broiled fish tacos instead of grilled (hey, there is only 2 kinds...he knew I meant grilled). *No one yet as written anything down. The very few chips we got gone & no one approaches the table - period! It's like we are in a 'dead zone'!! We ask ourselves if we look weird or something! Food finally, looks good, I eat 1/2 of my 1st my taco...and come up with a long brunette hair! (luckily, I don't yak). I wrap it in my napkin & take to front, hostess acknowledges it, calls the Mgr., ...wait, wait. He comes to our table & as cold & deadpan as before, he tries to tell me it was a chilantro hair!!?! What?!?!!! Chilantro has knotted Brunette Hair ?? (no hair in it now - been removed). No apology, no offer of some compensation..... He then walk over behind me & laughs with another employee. Push plate away, finish the incorrect rita...wait, wait, wait....have to grab someone to ASK for our bill!!! At counter, tell hostess the whole experience & I tell her I don't think we should to pay for a meal I didn't eat! MGR. comes, looks @ me like he didn't know what to problem was. I repeat, he gives me a very unpleasant look, grabs the receipt, crushes it & snaps @ Karen in spanish. She re-writes our bill. Except for the hostess & 1 anglo male waiter who then came up to see if we were being helped, NOT ONE PERSON smiled or was the lest bit courteous. We will NEVER go there again & we will tell EVERYONE including sites like this & facebook, WHY!

• Visited June 2012
Houston
“I like it.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 27, 2012 via mobile

This place isn't fancy, the service is definitely average & the food certainly isn't the best you'll ever have. That being said, I must elaborate and say the food and drinks are certainly good though & the prices are fairly reasonable. I don't visit here as my first choice, but do visit on occasion - especially for breakfast. I wouldn't say this place impresses me, but I dont leave disappointed either. good food, okay service & good drinks. Worth an occasional visit for sure!

Houston
“Good food, not so great service”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 27, 2012

A group of 10 of us went to lunch and sat outside. The food was good -- but the service was very slow. Took a long time to get drinks, refills were hard to come by, and they brought the food in several groups -- at least 5 minutes apart...

We sat outside -- and I've noticed in the past that the service is worse if you sit outside.

• Visited March 2012