“Clear Lake, Spring Flounder”

Motel 6 Houston NASA
Ranked #14 of 17 Hotels in Webster
Reviewed April 29, 2014

I had a wonderful Easter weekend stay at this Motel 6. I was here for 4 days this trip. I was told i brought them the first nice weekend of the year. I arrived early and the nice lady at the front desk told me my room would be ready by 2pm. I said that was perfect, because i needed to get a bite to eat next door at the Waffle House and i was going to go fishing at Clear Lake up the street. I caught flounder on topwater, broken back minnow. It was incredible. Other fishermen were catching them on jigs. My room was ready the minute they said it would be and it was beautiful everyday i got back from my fishing trip! I will keep coming back and will keep writing good things about this location! This location is just far enough from Houston and just close enough to Galveston!

Room Tip: They have several secure ice machines at the reception area along with two sets of secure washing ma...
  • Stayed: April 2014, traveled solo

Reviewed June 17, 2013

This is a newer remodeled motel 6. There is not many places in the area that take pets we were visiting a friend and this one accepted pets free of charge. The pros are its centrally located just off the freeway, the rooms are remodeled very ikea like with hardwood floors instead of carpet. I only saw 1 roach but I doubt it was related to cleanliness I feel it more has to do with the extreme heat there is just no way to keep them all out but it was small and by the door so it may have just walked in when we had door to room open. Flat screen tv is a nice addition. overall I cannot see how you could ask for more considering the price. wifi is $2.99 a day PER device but it worked fine. I would not hesitate to use this facility again. we did not use the pool but it was always clean and many others were swimming in it. For us it was just a place to lay our head at night as we were out and about in the day. tip would be to stay toward back of building as its quitter and you don't have as much traffic noise.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank silversprings76
Reviewed June 1, 2013

we arrived early and were allowed to check in. Which after a long drive was greatly appreciated. Shortly after settling in the room next to us had a dog that started barking and scratching at the adjoining door. We complained to front desk and they quickly changed our room. They told us they were unaware that there was a dog in that room as we had requested not near any pets. They moved us closer to the pool which was clean and well maintained. As we have one ourselves at home. It could use some shade around the pool but overall we would go back.We did not like having to pay for the wi-fi though($2.99).

Room Tip: Request not near pets as it is a pet friendly hotel, near pool room has complete sun all afternoon.
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 10, 2013

This Motel 6 has been remodeled and is conveniently located. Check in was very fast and we got a downstairs room as we requested. The staff was friendly and courteous. The room was larger then normal and very clean - both the room and bathroom have been updated. Beds were comfortable and it was quiet at night. Paid extra ($3. a day) for wifi, but had no complaints - worked great. There is a very nice large pool and lots of parking. We used the laundry facilities (washer & dryer) while we were there and they worked fine. We travel with our small dog and usually stay at Motel 6 - this is one of the nicer ones we have stayed at. We will stay here again when we are in this area.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed February 19, 2013

Went to this place after checking out of the roach-infested Sun Suites up the highway....it was like night and day! Place was very clean and updated. I had not stayed in a Motel 6 in a while and I, along with my family, were impressed. Customer service was excellent, and we were glad we stayed here. There's plenty of parking and quite a few dining options.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank georgedb51
Reviewed November 15, 2012

The Motel 6 Off of Nasa Road 1, in Webster Texas is the perfect location for fishermen like myself. Clear lake is just up the street and Galveston Bay is just a little further down Nasa Road 1. But for the serious fisherman Galveston Island fishing can not be beat! This trip was the best fishing trip of all time! Staying at the Motel 6, off of Nasa Road 1, makes it a 15 minute trip to Galveston Island and all the outdoor and water recreation that is available there. The price of the Motel 6, is only $39,99 per night but if you stay for 7 days you get a rate of only $35.00 per night. I caught 9 flounder the 7 days i was there along with a bunch of other fish. I fished with Get Hooked Charter and Captain Mike Short and his people always put you on the fish for a fantastic price! I always take the half a day trip and have never been disappointed.

Room Tip: Fantastic location for Fishermen!
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled solo
2  Thank Ray L
Reviewed July 14, 2012

I stayed 2nights in motel 6 in Webster and I will never be back! We left the room and returned 8hours later to find that my items had been gone through, some personel food and drinks were taken and the room was poorly cleaned and bed lazily made. This is crap! If you stay here, lock your belongings up.

• Stayed: July 2012
3  Thank bevissgchs
Also consider these accommodations in or near Webster
Budgetel Inn Houston
1 mi away
Comfort Suites Webster
Comfort Suites Webster
#11 of 17 in Webster

Been to Motel 6 Houston NASA? Share your experiences!