“nice stay for the value”

Motel 6 Houston NASA
Ranked #13 of 17 Hotels in Webster
Reviewed June 1, 2013

we arrived early and were allowed to check in. Which after a long drive was greatly appreciated. Shortly after settling in the room next to us had a dog that started barking and scratching at the adjoining door. We complained to front desk and they quickly changed our room. They told us they were unaware that there was a dog in that room as we had requested not near any pets. They moved us closer to the pool which was clean and well maintained. As we have one ourselves at home. It could use some shade around the pool but overall we would go back.We did not like having to pay for the wi-fi though($2.99).

Room Tip: Request not near pets as it is a pet friendly hotel, near pool room has complete sun all afternoon.
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple

Reviewed May 10, 2013

This Motel 6 has been remodeled and is conveniently located. Check in was very fast and we got a downstairs room as we requested. The staff was friendly and courteous. The room was larger then normal and very clean - both the room and bathroom have been updated. Beds were comfortable and it was quiet at night. Paid extra ($3. a day) for wifi, but had no complaints - worked great. There is a very nice large pool and lots of parking. We used the laundry facilities (washer & dryer) while we were there and they worked fine. We travel with our small dog and usually stay at Motel 6 - this is one of the nicer ones we have stayed at. We will stay here again when we are in this area.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed February 19, 2013

Went to this place after checking out of the roach-infested Sun Suites up the highway....it was like night and day! Place was very clean and updated. I had not stayed in a Motel 6 in a while and I, along with my family, were impressed. Customer service was excellent, and we were glad we stayed here. There's plenty of parking and quite a few dining options.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank georgedb51
Reviewed November 15, 2012

The Motel 6 Off of Nasa Road 1, in Webster Texas is the perfect location for fishermen like myself. Clear lake is just up the street and Galveston Bay is just a little further down Nasa Road 1. But for the serious fisherman Galveston Island fishing can not be beat! This trip was the best fishing trip of all time! Staying at the Motel 6, off of Nasa Road 1, makes it a 15 minute trip to Galveston Island and all the outdoor and water recreation that is available there. The price of the Motel 6, is only $39,99 per night but if you stay for 7 days you get a rate of only $35.00 per night. I caught 9 flounder the 7 days i was there along with a bunch of other fish. I fished with Get Hooked Charter and Captain Mike Short and his people always put you on the fish for a fantastic price! I always take the half a day trip and have never been disappointed.

Room Tip: Fantastic location for Fishermen!
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled solo
2  Thank Ray L
Reviewed July 14, 2012

I stayed 2nights in motel 6 in Webster and I will never be back! We left the room and returned 8hours later to find that my items had been gone through, some personel food and drinks were taken and the room was poorly cleaned and bed lazily made. This is crap! If you stay here, lock your belongings up.

• Stayed: July 2012
3  Thank bevissgchs
Reviewed June 7, 2012

The Motel 6 chain is known for cheap hotels and this is in fact a cheap place to stay. The price was good but you do not get much other than a room and a bed. so, if that is all you are interested in then this is an OK place o stay. However, if you want a little more then find another hotel - ANY hotel.

First, the Motel 6 policy of charging $3.00 ($2.99) for Wifi is absurd and simply a way to jack up the room another 3 dollars every night you stay. Wifi comes free with all Internet 'hook-ups' these days so there is no cost to them... just to you. I stayed in a Motel 6 in Brownsville, Texas 2 days before I got to Houston and there was no charge!

The room was NOt cleaned. We returned to the room at 9pm and the room had still not been cleaned. We asked that they empty trash and change the towels and NOt do the beds. They did send someone over in about 15 minutes with towels and asked us to put the trash outside the door (NOT cool!). When I turned the TV on it did not work - it was a bad control, however, they would NOT send anyone from the office with another control. Our room was at the far end of the lot and it was simply a 'pain' in the "A" to have to get back out and go to the office. The attendant in the office was rude and very unpleasant to deal with (Still not sure if it was a male or female attendant.) The 'new' control worked for one day and had to be replaced!

The next morning when I went out you could see from the balcony all the dog 'poop' between the rooms and the pool area - good think we did not walk there during the night!

The only good thing was - as I said - the price... and the young lady that worked the day shift. She was quite pleasant and cared about the people that stayed in their location.

There are zero extras - coffee maker, hair-dryer etc. It is a cheap stay (but not as cheap as you think when you add on an extra charge each night for Internet - this is a VERY bad policy and they should stop. Every hotel in the area gives you free Wifi - except this one.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank L0calO
Reviewed April 20, 2012

1. Polite staff
2. Close to eateries and tourist attractions
3. Cheap Rates
AND NOW FOR THE TRAVELER BEWARE.
1. Drinking and Fighting in parking lot (after asking around town - seems this is not unusual
at this motel)
2. People kicked and banged on doors to rooms that were not theirs during late night and early
morning hours
3. Carpets was dirty, took shower walked to bed and had to go wash feet again and put on
slippers
4. Dog poop everywhere there is grass and even by the grassy area at pool fence
shame on travelers who don't pick up BUT double shame on Hotel for not keeping grounds
clean and monitoring
5. WIFI is a daily fee - not free
6. If you ask staff if motel is Safe - they assure you it is - But I firmly believe it is only Safe
because the Police do monitor and respond quickly
7. Door knob fell off in my hand when I turned it

I would not ever stay here again and I would not recommend

Room Tip: No Tips for a good room - I checked out as fast as possible, didn't even stay a full 24 hours
  • Stayed: April 2012, traveled on business
2  Thank sundeva
Also consider these accommodations in or near Webster
Days Inn & Suites Webster NASA-Clear Lake-Houston
Super 8 Houston/NASA/Webster Area
Days Inn Kemah
Days Inn Kemah
#3 of 5 in Kemah

Been to Motel 6 Houston NASA? Share your experiences!