“would stay here again”

Ranked #2 of 16 Hotels in Webster
clear lake, United States
“would stay here again”
Reviewed August 7, 2013

front desk & office staff were helpful. breakfast was what you expect, nothing special. beds comfortable!!! Sofa bed was not comfortable!!! Full kitchen was nice. Very close to NASA. Great location to head down to Kemah and Galveston.

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

MarcusJ504, General Manager at Hampton Inn Houston/Clear Lake-NASA Area, responded to this review, August 8, 2013
I would like to take the time to thank you for filling out our survey recently. Your comments are very important to us. We understand that when you are far away from home, you would like to stay where you feel most comfortable.

I share all of our guest's responses with my team and it's always a joy to share the positive ones such as yours. People often take the time to tell us when we are doing wrong and less likely to tell us when we are doing something right. These types of responses from our valued guests are sure to bring a smile to the faces of our team!

We know that your time is very valuable and we truly appreciate that you took the time out your busy day to share your experience with us. We hope to get the opportunity to serve you again the next time you are in the Houston/Clear Lake-NASA area.

Have a Wonderful Day!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (39)
Shady Shores
Reviewed August 6, 2013

We had a wonderful weekend visiting NASA Space Center and Kemah Boardwalk while staying in a two room suite in Hampton Inn. The stay in Hampton Suites was clean, staff was very helpful, and beds were most comfortable. One adult and three grandkids. Had a blast!

Fort Worth, TX
Reviewed August 3, 2013

This was a last minute reservation (of a couple of days). They were just about sold out but stayed on the line with me while I cancelled my other reservations, which had been misrepresented to me by a third party. I needed two rooms traveling with two females and two teenage boys. They were able to get us side-by-side rooms, which was perfect! We even played cards in the breakfast area in the evenings. I will definitely stay here again.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
MarcusJ504, General Manager at Hampton Inn Houston/Clear Lake-NASA Area, responded to this review, August 5, 2013

Dallas, Texas
Reviewed August 1, 2013

I just returned from 3 nights at this hotel and had a good experience. I traveled to Houston with my three small children (8, 6 and 2) so that the older two could attend Space Camp at Johnson Space Center. This hotel is very close to JSC, just be sure to give yourself a few extra minutes to get there during rush hour. :)

I needed suite with a kitchen and separate bedroom area and this fit the bill nicely. We were in a one-bedroom suite, which was spacious enough to accommodate three kids and all of our gear. The kitchenette featured a full-size fridge, 2-burner electric range, dishwasher, sink, microwave and a very basic selection of cutlery and dishes (2 plates, bowls, forks, knives, glasses...and one fry pan). There are paper plates and plastic utensils available 24-7 downstairs, should one need them.

The rooms are on the older side but they are very clean and well-maintained. The bed linens are super soft and comfy and the pillows are really heavenly soft feather pillows - a pleasant surprise!

Breakfast is included with your stay and it is a very nice buffet featuring a wide variety of items. Each day there were a few hot items to choose from (selection varied each morning) - cheese omelets, scrambled eggs, sausage and ham. There is also a waffle station, oatmeal with toppings, fresh pastries, bread for toasting, yogurt, fresh fruit, cereal, boiled eggs and juices. We went to breakfast at different times each day and the buffet was always well-stocked and the food hot. Additionally, there is a coffee bar available all day long.

We were on the 3rd floor in a corner suite and never heard any noise in our hallway, even though we were VERY close to the elevators. There was a large group of high school students in town for some sort of NASA thing, but we never heard them. Also, even overlooking the parking lot, we didn't really hear much noise from that end, either. The large air conditioning units in each room provided a nice amount of white noise, which I think drowned out any late-night conversations outside (I could see kids congregated in the lot talking, but never really heard them).

The staff were very outgoing and friendly and they seem to take a lot of pride in their jobs - this was quite refreshing. :)

**I should add that I am an IHG gold member and, after a HUGE snafu with points, I booked here, a Hilton property, at the last second and was fairly nervous about it. It turned out to be much better than I expected and I am now an HH member after the fantastic treatment we received.**

Room Tip: The corner suite on the 3rd floor was QUIET. If you like a bit of white noise, the AC units in tha...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
MarcusJ504, General Manager at Hampton Inn Houston/Clear Lake-NASA Area, responded to this review, August 3, 2013

Texas
Reviewed July 30, 2013

I've stayed here many times over the years. This is a typical Hampton Inn & Suites. The rooms are nice, clean and nicely appointed. The front desk staff have always been friendly and service oriented. The location is great - just a few blocks off of I-45, a couple of miles to the beltway and a half hour to Galveston. There are several restaurants within walking distance and many within a couple of miles. I have several clients within 30 minutes of this hotel so I normally stay here a few nights a year. It's a perfect hotel for the no-frills business traveler. But I think it would be good for families (nice pool) especially for those wanting to visit the Space Center Houston, the Kemah boardwalk, or make a day trip to Galveston.

Room Tip: There's really not a bad room. I prefer to be away from the elevator & on a high floor
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled on business

Houston, Texas
Reviewed July 28, 2013

Very convenient to nasa, the decor in the lobby and up the staircase was refreshing. Team members hospitality varies but the good ones made up for the bad. The main light right below the hotel was broken both upon arrival and departure which proved to be a nightmare trying to get to hotel...All in all it was worth it

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

MarcusJ504, General Manager at Hampton Inn Houston/Clear Lake-NASA Area, responded to this review, July 30, 2013

Texas
Reviewed July 24, 2013

Terrible experience at this hotel . Dirty , Dusty and bed had springs coming through. Front desk didn't care. If I wasn't desperate and had booked 2 weeks in advance. I would have took my honor points somewhere else . My family just needed a place to stay before we went to Galveston the next day to catch a cruise. Keep driving and find another hotel. I have more to say about this hotel but I will stop at this.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
MarcusJ504, General Manager at Hampton Inn Houston/Clear Lake-NASA Area, responded to this review, July 25, 2013

It appears that you experienced some problems during your stay.I apologize for your inconvenience. I am concerned that I was not made aware of the situation and was hoping that you may be able to fill me in on the exact circumstances of your troubles. I would like to make sure that the in house problems have been properly taken care of and that you, as our guest, are completely satisfied with a resolution to the issues.

If you have any further comments that will help us meet our customer satisfaction goals or any questions or concerns, please feel free to call me directly at the hotel or via email.

Again thank you for expressing with me your concerns and we look forward to serving you again in the future.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Webster
Staybridge Suites Houston / NASA - Clear Lake
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Houston Space Center-Clear Lake
Hilton Garden Inn Houston / Clear Lake / NASA
Hilton Houston NASA Clear Lake
Comfort Suites Webster
Comfort Suites Webster
#10 of 16 in Webster
Homewood Suites by Hilton Houston - Clear Lake NASA

Been to Hampton Inn Houston/Clear Lake-NASA Area? Share your experiences!