Hampton Inn Houston/Clear Lake-NASA Area
  • Pool
$55
$65
Hotels.com
All reviewsgreat hotelclear lakeroom was cleanspace centerkemah boardwalkfree breakfastliving roomwould stay here againrestaurants and shoppingpool and hot tubthe breakfast areabreakfast itemswafflesbreakfast stafffresh fruitnasa arealots of restaurants
FilterAll languages
Reviewed July 21, 2012 via mobile

It is a little after 11pm and I am still awake. Kids have been running around the room above our for hours. The ceiling walls seem to be very thin. If you like your sleep ask for a room that isn't on the pool side. Kids were screaming down there well after 9pm. I didn't complain about the noise from the pool or above us because I didn't want to ruin anyone's vacation, but I would want to know these things if I were planning a stay here. It seems to be a great place for families. Not necessarily for 2 boring people who like to go to sleep at 9pm. :) It is VERY clean and well kept. I am very picky in this area. It had a very strong chemical smell but I figure it's just what they use to clean. Check in was fast and easy. The bed was very comfortable. The employees here are very kind. It's located right beside a Genghis Grill and several other restaurants.

• Stayed: July 2012
Nancy C, General Manager at Hampton Inn Houston/Clear Lake-NASA Area, responded to this reviewResponded July 22, 2012

I would like to take the time to thank you for filling out a review and letting us know how we did during your stay. I apologize for the noise level. Families do enjoy their vacation time here with us. Next time you stay, just let us know you want to have some quiet time and we will fix you right up!
I share all of our guest's reviews with my team and it's always a joy to hear from our guests; y'all bring a smile to the faces of our team! We know that your time is valuable and we truly appreciate that you took time out of your busy day to share your experience with us. We hope to get the opportunity to serve you again. Thank you so very much for staying with us!

Reviewed July 9, 2012

Check inn was slow stood 10 minutes listening to unseen people hold conversation behind wall Finally lady came out to handle Check in. We had reservation. Before finished with check in phone call answered, woth points and hand signals I was pointed down the hall. Breakfast was a disaster. Trash cans over flowing, spills on the floor, tables sticky, food in short supply. One employee trying to keep up but not possible. Children at buffet placing hands in fresh cut fruit salad. Coffee bar out of coffee trash spills etc. Room was clean and neat. We reported air condition issues and told maintenance would check it out we did not see them. The air ran when set to 68 when set to 69 or 70 the heat came on. All in all not up to standard we have come to expect for a one nighter at Hampton Inn.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
Nancy C, General Manager at Hampton Inn Houston/Clear Lake-NASA Area, responded to this reviewResponded July 25, 2012

Thank you for your feedback in regards to the air conditioner not working in your room. I've worked with our maintenance team to fix the issue, however I apologize that it wasn't resolved sooner. We also apologize for the state of the hotel and breakfast during your stay. Thank you again for your review and I invite you to stay with us again the next time you return to the area.

Andrea Farr

Reviewed July 9, 2012

Very nice well kept hotel. Although the hotel is spread out and hallways are a bit tricky, it is nice. Kids enjoyed hot breakfast. The staff was accommodating and grounds were very clean. The hotel is away from alot of the hussel and bussel, but yet is close enough to get around by walking to eat. After along day in the car, walking to an eating place was a relief. We are returning in Aug. for another stay, so I guess we like this hotel. Stayed here 3 times now.

Room Tip: This hotel is away, but yet close or within walking distance of places to eat. Grandkids enjoyed the breakfast and wanted to get in pool. On way to cruise so didn't get in pool. Did stick feet in hot tub very nice.
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled with family
AndreaFarr, General Manager at Hampton Inn Houston/Clear Lake-NASA Area, responded to this reviewResponded August 1, 2012

Thank you so much for your great response! We look forward to seeing you again in August!

Andrea Farr

Reviewed June 27, 2012

Clean. Decor nice and pool area great. Here with daughter 2 grandkids and husband for fmly reunion. Everything just wonderful. Really liked the suite. Had a car top carrier and nothing was touched. As always with Hampton you know what your gonna get. Good value at a good price. Cleanliness is the most important to me and I am never disappointed. Breakfast area was very clean, well organized with nice decor to enjoy. Close to everything in clear lake area and of close to Kemah. Definitely will return and highly recommend.

Room Tip: Get the suite. You won't be disappointed.
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed June 22, 2012

My family and I visited the Houston area last week and stayed at the Hampton Inn Suites. We will definitely be back. The staff was very nice and accommodating, and the hotel and grounds were very clean. The free breakfasts were delicious - fruit, eggs, sausage, bacon, waffles, yogurt. We spent time at Moody Gardens and NASA, and the location couldn't have been better.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family