“Great stay!”

Ranked #2 of 16 Hotels in Webster
Dallas, TX
“Great stay!”
Reviewed September 14, 2011

I'd like to start this review off by saying that I'm very picking about where I sleep. While my family doesn't have the money to stay at a 5 star resort, I do like to look for the nicest place I can find within our budget. The Hampton Inn in Webster was exactly what I wanted!

We stayed 2 nights during Labor Day weekend. It was myself, my husband and our 12 yr old son. We booked the 1 bedroom suite with 2 queen beds. I loved that the kitchenette/living room was completely seperated from the bedroom by a door. This was perfect for my son to stay up late watching TV while my husband and I went to bed.

While I didn't check to see when the hotel was built, it obviously has been remodeled. The cabinets had been painted, ganite countertops, new furniture and new paint. While the paint job could have been better (several areas needed to be touched up), I'm sure most people wouldn't have even noticed.

The hotel offers a free breakfast with your stay. While it's not the greatest breakfast, it's more than your average continental breakfast. Each morning had some type of meat (sausage both days), eggs, make your own waffles, fruit, english muffins, bread, muffins, cereal, juices and coffee. It was plenty for us and saved us a trip through the fast food drive thru. I even noticed by the check in desk they had brown bags for breakfast on the go (I believe it was a cereal bar, muffin, water and a piece of fruit.. or something like that. What a nice touch!)

In all, we had a great stay. The location is close to everything... food, shopping and close to the highway. The only reason I didn't give everything a 5 star is because there's always room for improvement. It's definitely on my list of places to stay when we're in the area.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (39)
Lubbock, Texas
Reviewed September 11, 2011

I stayed at this Hampton during a 2 day regional workshop and again Hampton's cant be beat. I have stayed in Buda, TX, Palestine, TX and Hamptons have never failed me. This hotel is near alot of major restaurants, Red Lobster, Buffalo Wild Wings, Freebirds, Chipotle, BJ's Brewhouse, Jasons Deli and many more. Great location and Lee the front desk agent was very helpful. This way my first stay at this hotel and he was very accommodating as to explaining all the parts and amenities of the hotel. I am picky about parking at hotels, but again this hotel had plenty of parking around the entire hotel. Great hotel and will be back when in the area.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled on business
Alabama
Reviewed August 25, 2011

This Hampton Inn was typical for the brand (in a good way). It didn't have the most recent interior decor when I stayed, but perhaps one generation older (so still in good shape). The bathroom had a tub instead of the shower provided in the newest hotels built.

My room was clean and in mostly good repair (everything worked with just a few cosmetic problems). Housekeeping did their job well.

The staff was friendly and helpful, although perhaps a little slower than ideal.

The free breakfast was fine, and typical for Hampton (2 hot items, make your own waffles, fruit such as bananas and apples, hard boiled eggs (new as far as I know), yogurt, juice, coffee, breads, etc. The breakfast did end at 9:55 vs. the advertised 10am, which I find annoying. There seemed to be plenty of seating and trays were available for people taking food for a family or other group.

There was an evening snack reception Monday - Thursday evening, which was an unexpected bonus. The all day drinks were limited t hot beverages (coffee and tea) and nothing else (no fruit or snacks), which is OK, but not a stand out.

This was a summer trip and there seemed to be many families staying (this is a good location for visiting Space Center Houston). I did not notice much noise in my room, so the sound-proofing seemed to work well. (And I hate it when it doesn't work).

In terms of location, there are several restaurants within walking distance (although you may need to cross a 6 lane road to get to some). Exiting the hotel you must initially drive west, and if you want to go east make a U-turn or take side streets. This process can take a while, especially at rush hour since this is a major road, but isn't all that bad.

There is an outdoor pool and hot tub. There seemed to be plenty of outdoor, free parking in the hotel lot.

Stayed August 2011, traveled on business
1 Thank ccm17
dfw
Reviewed July 30, 2011

We stayed here with our 3 kids before our cruise. Plenty of room for 5. Small kitchen area, fold out sofa, 2 queen size beds. A pool if you can use it some other time of the year.
Restaurants very close. Across the highway is a mall, target, and more restaurants. A very nice little area. Very close to nasa. Works great if you want to arrive a day/night early before your trip.
Also, it's SOOO much cheaper than staying in either houston or Galveston. It's about a 30 min drive into Galveston, so not very far. You should store a car at the cruise docks anyway for security. The hotels that will keep them, aren't "watching them", and you have to find transportation back to the hotel on the morning you arrive. Good luck! I have heard many horror stories on that.
This hotel is clean and quiet. They were redoing the entry/check in area when we were there. That is where they hold the free breakfast. Ours was in a conference room, but I'm sure it's nice now.
We will use this hotel again for other stop over trips. It's even great for a short trip to nasa.

• Stayed December 2010, traveled with family
Euless, Texas
Reviewed July 2, 2011

I usually stay in Hampton Inns because they are always satisfactory, and at a good price, but this Hampton Inn is the best one I've ever stayed in!

First, the location is perfect. Right off I-45, and in the middle of dozens of restaurants. It's only a few miles from the Johnson Space Center and the Kemah Boardwalk, and it's right by a great mall and a large cineplex.

More importantly, the hotel was spotless. I've never stayed in a cleaner hotel, and I've stayed in some very high dollar hotels in the past (before I figured out that Hamptons were better and cheaper!) The staff was friendly, and the free breakfast was very tasty and fresh. We will definitely be back to this one.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 22, 2011

My son and I really enjoyed our stay at this hotel. Close to NASA and great restaraunts!! Everyone was very friendly and professional.

• Stayed June 2011
Louisiana
Reviewed March 23, 2011

We recently stayed at the Hampton Inn and Suites Houston Clearlake NASA, and had a great time. The staffs were prompt, friendly, and very attentive. Our suites were spacious, and nobody wanted to get out of the beds!! Breakfast was great and the fruits were very fresh. Kemah was beautiful, but packed to the brim!! We’re so glad we booked something a few miles away instead of IN Kemah.
We will definitely be back!!!

Vye, Louisiana

• Stayed March 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank Vye
Also consider these accommodations in or near Webster
Staybridge Suites Houston / NASA - Clear Lake
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Houston Space Center-Clear Lake
Hilton Garden Inn Houston / Clear Lake / NASA
Hilton Houston NASA Clear Lake
Comfort Suites Webster
Comfort Suites Webster
#10 of 16 in Webster
Homewood Suites by Hilton Houston - Clear Lake NASA

Been to Hampton Inn Houston/Clear Lake-NASA Area? Share your experiences!