“Hotel was typical of Holiday Inn, but dirty bed.”

Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Houston Space Center-Clear Lake
Ranked #5 of 17 Hotels in Webster
Reviewed June 3, 2013

We recently stayed here, it was booked by NASA as part of a school trip. The hotel was fine in their amenities and decor. Breakfast was good. However, when we went to turn the beds down, one of the queen beds was very dirty. There were many brown hairs on both the pillows and the sheets. The sheets didn't actually look crisp like a clean sheet would. My thought is that the bedding was NOT changed. I called the front desk to request clean linens. I was told that I could come down and pick some up, but they could not send someone up with clean linens. I was responsible for the 3 students in my room, so I had to round them all up to take them down to the front desk to retrieve the sheets at 11pm, after a long day of driving and NASA activities. This is unacceptable to have no one in the hotel that could run them up. As well, the mini-fridge and air conditioner fan are both very loud. It made for a horrible nights sleep.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Houston Space Center-Clear Lake, responded to this reviewResponded June 26, 2013

Dear VisionTvl,

Thank you for taking the time to write us a review. I am glad you found the breakfast served to be good and the amenities in our hotel was at par with expectations. However, kindly accept my sincerest apology that the cleanliness levels in your room inconvenienced you. Rest assured that your comments will be reviewed by our team and appropriate actions will be taken to rectify this instance.

We hope you give us a chance in the future to show you how great our hotel is.

Regards,

Pam G
Case Manager
IHGCare

Reviewed May 30, 2013

Just finished a 6 nt stay here. Everything was great at the hotel. Staff, breakfast, housekeeping...everything!
As others have mentioned getting into the hotel from the street is interesting. Just take the Baybrook Mall Blvd....turn left behind the stores. Cut thru the Star Furniture parking. Then you find a cut thru road to Rogers court. You will see the hotel. Avoid going in from the service drive. Very hectic area there.
My only wishes would be a make-up mirror and safes in the room. **note** there are safety deposit/safe boxes at the front desk, but that is not very convenient.
We will be back!

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank l p
Reviewed April 18, 2013 via mobile

This particular location is a little tricky to locate, so get directions when booking and you'll be just fine. Don't follow your GPS. Once I arrived, there was plenty if parking, it's just far enough off the main traffic area to be nice and quiet. The hotel is beautifully decorated and as always with H.I.E. always polite and welcoming.
The check-in was quick and effortless, and the amenities excellent.

There was ONE PROBLEM with the room: The next morning when I woke up, I couldn't get out of bed! It was SO comfortable.... I was held captive for an additional hour before I could force myself to get out of bed !!!

Yes, it was GREAT!!

(I recommend setting your alarm AND putting in a wake-up call)

You'll be so sound asleep and comfortable... You might wake up later than you planned!!

EXCELLENT STAY !

• Stayed: April 2013
3  Thank carbontravels
Reviewed April 9, 2013

This hotel and the staff were incredible. They were some of the friendliest people we have met in 15 years of couples retreats. Rebecca Powell is one of the most delightful people you will ever meet and her staff reflect her joy.
The service was second to none and their willingness to make your stay the best ever was superior. The rooms were clean and the facilities were well groomed and cared for by the staff. The breakfast was always fresh and hot and on time! I highly recommend that if you are in the Houston area, this place is worth the drive.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
3  Thank PastorTBC
Reviewed April 8, 2013 via mobile

I enjoyed my stay. Great staff and breakfast was also very good. The business center was very comfortable and quiet. It is located just south of a nice little mall. Plenty to eat for those late night munchies!

• Stayed: April 2013
2  Thank Michael B
Reviewed April 3, 2013

This property is not only beautiful inside and out it is very clean offers a fantastic breakfast and the staff is awesome. From the front desk, housekeeping and management you could not expect more. The DOS was very personable and even tho she was very busy she always took the time to make everyone coming into the property feel special. I would definitely recommend this property for families, corporate are groups. You will not be disappointed.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
2  Thank Tennysons_13
Reviewed April 1, 2013

We stayed here on our way to Galveston for a cruise. It was exactly what we needed. It is close to shopping, clean, & comfortable. The breakfast area is large. Breakfast was good with a variety of food. Staff was very helpful and friendly!

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family