Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Houston Space Center-Clear Lake
Ranked #4 of 17 Hotels in Webster
Reviewed August 18, 2012

Was there days ago during a family trip we were surprised the size of the neat room, very comfortable beds and everything was very clean, the attention was always great, also breakfast was very good, we choose this hotel to be near NASA and alternate it with a short drive to Galveston everyday, really good location, just a small tip: if your comming from 45 hwy be aware the driveway of the hotel is bit hiden between small restaurants,but in general 5/5 stars! thanks!

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family

Reviewed July 19, 2012

The hotel itself is nice. Comfortable bed. Great shower and plumbing fixtures. The television is wonderful too...lots of channels...BUT...the breakfast is terrible. The food, particularly the sausage, tastes terrible. The internet SUCKS! Did I say the internet SUCKS? It is the kindest word I can think of to describe it.

The front desk staff is condescending. Perhaps they are used to the complaints about the breakfast and internet...and have grown immune to them. The location of the hotel is terrible. Do not plan on walking anywhere, you will need a vehicle. The taxi they recommend does not service the hotel.

I usually wait until I depart a hotel to leave a review. Sometimes things are not as bad as they seem in hindsight. I remain checked in to this one based on the proximity to work. I would gladly check out of here based on the way I've been treated by the staff if it were not for my coworkers. I absolutely do not recommend this hotel at all.

Room Tip: Stay at another hotel if Internet is important to you. Stay elsewhere if customer service is a prior...
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed July 17, 2012

Great location between Houston, Kemah, and Galveston with a 15 to 20 minute ride depending on direction! Also, centrally located to the tons of shopping choices and restaurants galore!! The hotel looked and smelled nice and clean. We just wasn't impressed with the lay out of our (so called) suite. The sleeper sofa was up against the sink area. When the sofa sleeper was converted to a bed it was next to impossible to use the kitchenette area without having to put the bed away. The bed side lamp didn't work. So, we called the welcome desk and they had it replaced the next day. The breakfast the typical Holiday Inn Express minus the breakfast sausage or bacon, flavored creamer, and juice . Wasn't sure if the hotel was on a food budget or they were just out. Therefore, we had to eat out for breakfast, which defeats the purpose of staying Holiday Inn Express. Last but not least we were charged 20 bucks for a one hour long distance call to 011. Really, that isn't a real number to anything and the manager wouldn't give us a break on the charge. Overall, the bed was comfortable and we were supplied with plenty of towels for my family's needs. But we won't be staying at this particular Holiday Inn Express.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Houston Space Center-Clear Lake, responded to this reviewResponded July 31, 2012

Dear Renee B,

Thank you for taking time to write us a review. I am glad you found our location and bed accommodations commendable. Please accept my sincerest apology if you did not completely like the layout of the room and if the breakfast served during your travel did not live up to your expectations. We take all reviews positive and negative very seriously, and your feedback will help us improve for our next guest or your next visit.

Pam G.
case Manager
IHGCare

Reviewed July 4, 2012

We stayed here since it was between Houston and Galveston very good location close to what we needed. Galveston, Houston were only 30 min. in either direction and Kemah was only about 15 min. away very nice. Rooms and place overall was very clean and the staff was very nice. only downside was there was a baseball tournament in the area and the breakfast bar was attacked by kids and the attendant had a hard time keeping up with them.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed June 22, 2012

The IHG brand is pretty consistent which is nice. Room was clean. Great TV. Both the bed and pillows are comfortable. Bathroom is spacious; however, the walls in there could use some touch up paint. I like the fact that the AC is controlled by a thermostat so it isn't constantly running. Staff is friendly and courteous. All in all it's a nice place to stay. If I am in the area again, I will definitely stay here.

• Stayed: June 2012
Reviewed June 10, 2012

I had never stayed in a Holiday Inn Express before and didn't know what to expect. The hotel was new and very clean. The bathrooms had granite counter tops and shower walls. The shower head was nice and the towels were large and soft. The bed was very comfortable and the room was sound proof. The room and whole hotel smelled very pleasant. I would stay there again.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed June 7, 2012

amazing hotel.
amazing staff
amazing location

i was there with my family for my wedding and everything was perfect.
staff was over the top nice.
and there is so much to do in the area.

great job guys.

Room Tip: all rooms are great
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled with family