Hilton Garden Inn Houston / Clear Lake / NASA
Ranked #3 of 16 Hotels in Webster
Maryborough
“Great stay”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 14, 2012

The Hilton Garden Inn was an excellent choice for our stay in Houston. We had two rooms booked for 2 nights and enjoyed our visit here. The staff were very professional, the rooms was spacious and well set out, the bathroom was also quite spacious for a hotel, the beds were clean and comfortable. Breakfast was also good value. We were close to a major shopping centre and not far from the Johnson Space Centre. Would we stay here again, YES!

Room Tip: The hotel is tucked into a cul-de-sac so the road noise from any room would be minimal
  • Stayed December 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank Annie S
Timothy P, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Houston / Clear Lake / NASA, responded to this review, September 6, 2013
Thank you very much for your review! We take pride in providing great service and clean rooms,a comfortable, fun atmosphere. We love that you had the chance to enjoy all the great things we have to offer. We appreciate you choosing our hotel over the many other choices. We look forward to having you stay with us again soon!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
Kailua-Kona, Hawaii
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 6, 2012

I have to stay in the area fairly regularly as my parents are aging I need my attention. I like the Hilton Garden Inn brand. We liked the beds so much we got one for home. This hotel has been great. I am always given the room I request, they great me by name when I check in and do their best to handle any issues. The location is great, not far from the freeway and mall, lots of restaurants within walking distance and very near my parents. Rooms are spacious and clean. Breakfast from the bar isn't worth $10 but they will also cook meat and eggs to order so if anything isn't fresh, have them do that for you and its worth it. But also check out the breakfast place across Bay Area Blvd. Can't remember the name, but its yummy.

Room Tip: I always prefer a high floor at the end of the hall. Either side of the bldg is fine.
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank Winnie1010
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 26, 2011

We love the Hilton Garden Inn. The front-desk staff went out of their way to make us feel comfortable and locate dinner reservations for us. Definitely have an adult beverage at the hotel bar - the staff goes out of their way to make guests feel "at home". We will stay here again!

• Stayed November 2011
1 Thank Akboris24
Virginia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 15, 2011

One of the nicest hotels I've stayed in! Excellent breakfast and very clean hotel. Lots of places to eat in the area and easy access in and out of hotel. Would stay again if in Houston.

• Stayed December 2010, traveled on business
2 Thank Bianchikid
Austin, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 31, 2011

This is our third year to stay at this hotel while in town for the Ballunar Liftoff Festival at NASA. It's easy to get to, always clean, friendly staff - just a great experience every time.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank txtravler
Dallas, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 10, 2011

I spent one night at this Garden Inn while on a business trip in the Webster area. After a long hard working day, I just wanted to check in and go to sleep. I have to say, I had low expectations of this place but I was wrong. Check in was quick and easy and the staff was very professional and friendly. I had a really nice and clean room in the 2nd floor. The new dial in beds are perfect and I slept like a baby and I did not hear a peep the whole night. In all, I will be using this hotel from now on when I come to Webster for business.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled on business
1 Thank Dansladen
Alabama
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 25, 2011

A summary of my stay:

First, I had trouble finding this hotel since based on the Hilton web site I thought it would be right at the NE corner of I-45 and Bay Area Blvd. In reality, to get to the hotel from I-45, go several blocks east on Bay Area Blvd and then turn left on Texas Ave (there is a Taco Cabanna on the right side of the road), then drive a bit further north on Texas Ave. I did call the front desk with my cell phone and the worker was good enough to stay on the phone and guide me to the hotel, making sure I arrived safely. That was a welcome level of help!

Often there seemed to be only 1 front desk clerk, when 2 would speed things along, although the workers were friendly and seemed to know their jobs.

There seemed to be lots of parking, but it could be a long walk to your room, with part of the walk over raised medians.

The hotel is fairly modern. Rooms have a large shower instead of a tub in the bathroom, and the now standard adjustable firmness Hilton Garden Inn beds. While I like the idea of these beds (I like a softer bed than most), these don't seem to work well and I didn't sleep well.

Making matters worse is the seeming lack of sound insulation separating the rooms from the hall. There seemed to be a group of friends having a good time down the hall. Noise was coming out of their room, down the hall, and into mine. That really should not happen! (I'm not saying peple should not have fun; I am saying hotels should be built to better muffle such sounds from traveling).

Overall, the room was clean and housekeeping was fine.

I did not look for the pool or use the restaurant. There was a business center and free in-room internet access.

Overall, I decided to look for a better hotel in the area for my next trip. Several hotels have been built recently (after many years of nothing new and mostly older properties being available).

Stayed November 2010, traveled with friends
1 Thank ccm17
Hotelgm77598, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Houston / Clear Lake / NASA, responded to this review, August 27, 2011
On behalf of our team, I want to thank you for the opportunity to serve! I am dissapointed to know of your experience while staying with us. I do agree with you, sometimes some guests really enjoy themselves and their laughter and enjoyment can be carried throu our guest rooms corridors. I do thank you for the review and hope to have the opportunity to have you as our guest again.

At your service.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Webster
Hampton Inn Houston/Clear Lake-NASA Area
Staybridge Suites Houston / NASA - Clear Lake
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Houston Space Center-Clear Lake
SpringHill Suites Houston NASA/Webster
Holiday Inn Houston - Webster
Homewood Suites by Hilton Houston - Clear Lake

Been to Hilton Garden Inn Houston / Clear Lake / NASA? Share your experiences!