“Had a pretty nice stay!”

Hilton Garden Inn Houston / Clear Lake / NASA
Ranked #3 of 16 Hotels in Webster
Reviewed June 30, 2011

The husband had a job interview down in Houston so me and my two boys decided to tag along like we always do. My husband is in the military so I chose this hotel because it was close to the Ellington Field base where he had his interview (wish us luck!). The hotel itself is pretty new and it was very quiet be it that there were hardly anyone there which was great for us! The hotel desk clerk greeted with a friendly smile and granted us the room of our preference since we are part of the Hhonors program! The pool was very nice but small. It was very warm and comfortable and the jacuzzi was nice and relaxing. The room was kind of narrow but the decor was done nicely I guess, considering I didn't like the pea green! lol Other than that it was nice and clean. While reading some of the highlights of what the hotel has to offer, it raved about their sleep system beds and how awesome they are. Well, I have to say I wasn't that impressed. Even though you can adjust the comfort levels of the beds from soft to hard, I adjusted mine so it would be softer but it still felt the same and I woke up not feeling refreshed but with a major back ache! The bathroom wasn't the biggest hotel bathroom I've seen but it wasn't the smallest either. All in all everything was very clean and neat but I was disappointed with the beds. The breakfast in the restaurant was not very good especially to my 9 and 2 year olds. The pancakes looked very nicely done and presentable with a little white powered sugar sprinkled on top with a cute little strawberry sliced to the side but it didn't taste worth a crap! lol The only good part of the breakfast was the pineapples. And that's a shame I wasted $10 on that, $12 if you include tax and the small tip I gave the so called waitress/juice bringer (she was very nice though). So, the only reason I gave it a rating of "very good" is because it was quiet and clean which are the major deal breakers for me!

Room Tip: Join the Hhonors program!
  • Stayed: June 2011, traveled on business
1  Thank LLCherie

Reviewed June 23, 2011

New hotel. The staff was great. Room was clean & great beds with adjustable firmness.
Nice business center with 2 computer terminals, fax, copier, office supplies.
Fantastic breakfast for $10.

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled with friends
1  Thank precani
Reviewed May 26, 2011

It was hard to fall asleep, people above our bedroom were walking & running even after midnight. Poor customer service, I left my wedding ring @ the bathroom and called to inquire that same day before midnight, but was told to call back the next day, Nobody called so I have to call them back again and was told they did not find it.

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled with family
Reviewed May 21, 2011

When I arrived at the room at 9:15pm, the music from a rap graduation party in the first floor conference room was so loud that the fixtures in my 2nd fl room were shaking on the walls. I called the front desk and they immediately said they would move me - just the solution that everyone with 2 elderly parents wants to hear after a long day out in Houston. When I objected they told me the party would continue until midnight, as if that was a good reason for me to go along with their plan. Even as I write, the music is still emanating through the walls. Terrible customer service from Hilton on the phone - could not tell me if they prefer business travellers over rap parties chasing people from their rooms.

Beds were uncomfortable for all ages.

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled on business
1  Thank doctorculp
Reviewed March 21, 2011

We took our grandchildren, ages 10 and 8, to visit NASA, Kemah, and the area during their Spring break from school. We selected this hotel because it is relatively new and well-located. Although it was not as close to Kemah as we thought, it was still convenient to the Boardwalk and also very close to NASA and other attractions. The price was real BARGAIN and the staff could not have been friendlier or more helpful. We were greeted by Holly, who helped us with directions and suggestions. Holly and all the staff made us all feel really welcome and at home. The other desk clerks, waitresses and cleaning staff always smiled and spoke to us. The breakfast was wonderful, with a full range of choices that we and the children enjoyed; the restaurant was way above what we expected. The pool was nice, though the entrance to it was a little inconvenient. The mattresses are the kind you can dial, but we are not accustomed to them and didn't learn the best level since we were there only two nights. We will stay here again!

• Stayed: March 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank keepmovin63
Reviewed February 16, 2011

We stayed at this hotel for a NASA field trip with my daughter. The check in process was fast, but we did stand in line for a while. The staff was very nice at check in. Room was clean and so was the bathroom. Very nice. The only issue we had was the staff at the bar/eating area didn't seem to speak much english. They were very nice, but didn't seem to understand much of what we asked.

• Stayed: February 2011
1  Thank geauxlsu
Reviewed January 7, 2011

This hotel is fairly new and still in great condition. It is near all the attractions; NASA, Baybrook Mall, other shopping, plenty of restaurants, but is off the main road by a block, so there is very little traffic or noise.

The room had a nice bed and the bathroom was large and very clean. My room was in the back of the building and I was able to park right outside the entry door and near the elevator. I used the Government rate, which was about 35% off the rack rate and made the room quite affordable.

I highly recommend this hotel to anyone needing a uquiet, clean place to stay while visiting the NASA/Clear Lake area.

• Stayed: November 2010, traveled solo
Also consider these accommodations in or near Webster
Hampton Inn Houston/Clear Lake-NASA Area
Staybridge Suites Houston / NASA - Clear Lake
Homewood Suites by Hilton Houston - Clear Lake NASA
Hilton Houston NASA Clear Lake
Courtyard Houston NASA/Clear Lake
SpringHill Suites Houston NASA/Webster

Been to Hilton Garden Inn Houston / Clear Lake / NASA? Share your experiences!