“Nice hotel”

SpringHill Suites Houston NASA/Webster
Ranked #4 of 17 Hotels in Webster
Reviewed August 2, 2013

We stayed at the Springhill Suites for a week while my kids went to day camp at Houston Space Center. The hotel was a little tricky to find (the directions on the hotel website were confusing) but once we found it it was easy to get to the rest of the week! The room was a good size and I really liked that the bathroom was separated from the shower area.

Room Tip: We stayed on the top floor so had very little noise. Slept great!
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
ConcordHospitality, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Houston NASA/Webster, responded to this reviewResponded August 19, 2013

BarbK303,
Thank you for taking the time to write a review regarding your SpringHill Suites Webster visit. We’re happy to have had you and your family as our guests, and we appreciate you choosing to stay with u while your kids attended camp at Houston Space Center. We’re glad you enjoyed your stay and we hope you’ll return for another visit in the near future. Thanks again.

Reviewed July 30, 2013

This hotel looks great inside and out. I was very surprised to experience such poor service and management follow up. We checked in Thursday and had a good night's sleep. Left out early Friday to go to the ball park. After returning to our room around 2:30, we were a bit surprised to see our room not serviced. We quickly changed clothes and were out to the gym to workout. After returning the second time, we were shocked to see our queen beds were made but nothing else complete (sofa bed untouched, no towels, trash overflowing, kitchenette not restock). I read the card located on the sink stating we can help save the environment by storing the towels we wanted to keep on racks and ones we wanted replaced on the floor. All our towels were gone even the ones that were left on the rack. I called down to the front desk and requested towels and was shocked again when the CSR paused for second and asked if I had dirty towels to exchange for clean ones (was she thinking I was trying to steal towels?). I told her no I didn't, and in fact I didn't have any towels in my room to shower with or wash off. I then explained to her all the other things left undone in my room. I asked to speak to the Housekeeping manager but she was unavailable. I asked to speak to the Hotel manager (John). After speaking to John and explaining to him my problems he too was reluctant to do anything. He then said he would send some towels and have the trash removed. I asked what about having my room serviced or doing something to accommodate my inconvenience and he replied since the housekeeping manager was gone he would have to wait to the next day and do an investigation to confirm that I didn't have a do not disturb sign on my door or something. I was like WHAT!!! An investigation. How about coming up to my room and see two beds made and everything else incomplete. Again, he said I have to do my investigation first. I said okay John, I will be waiting to hear from you tomorrow after your investigation. I was about to leave that night but my son was enjoying the pool with his other 11 teammates. Not only did John not call me back on Saturday July 19th but two weeks later I still haven't heard from him. I spoke to the front desk CSR 2 to 3 times each day the weekend asking if John left a message or will he be back in to work. He was out until Monday. On Saturday morning, I begged the front desk clerk to ensure housekeeping serviced my room. They did everything except restock my kitchenette supplies or supply enough towels (improvement). On Sunday, they didn't restock our kitchenette or touch our sofa bed. WOW!!! Still no response from John. On Monday morning, I was waiting to speak to the General Manager but she had personal problems and did not show up at her normal 8 a.m. (or at least that's what I was told). I submitted a complaint with corporate and checked out. The GM responded through email on Monday and guess what she said, "I will be in touch with you after I do an investigation". Okay, so now I have John one week into his investigation with no response and his GM starting hers. Its been over a week, and still no response from the GM. Poor service, Poor management, Poor follow-up, Poor customer satisfaction. I will not be satisfied until I get some kind of customer care. Marriott has greatly disappointed me.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with friends
3  Thank Ron W
Reviewed July 8, 2013

My family and I stayed here on our way to a cruise out of Galveston. The hotel sits off the highway, but not right off the highway so it is quiet, but convenient. The hotel was busy with othe summer travelers but there was still plenty of parking. There is a small pool in the back of the hotel, but it sufficent. The rooms are super nice. We had two adults and two teens and we had plenty of room. There is a refrigerator, a microwave and coffee in the room which was nice with kids. The bathroom set up was cool. The toilet and a sink in one room. The shower and another sink in a completely different room. This was very convenient with a family of four trying to get ready in the morning. Everything was very clean. And the hotel shampoo/conditioner was Paul Mitchell which I enjoyed very much. In the morning the breakfast area was very crowded with little seating so get there early. They had many choices, yogurt, bagel, waffles, eggs and cereal. It was very good and the staff stayed on top of keeping everything stocked. We really enjoyed this hotel and will stay again.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
ConcordHospitality, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Houston NASA/Webster, responded to this reviewResponded July 15, 2013

sleake,
Thank you for sharing your experience with us at SpringHill Suites Webster. We're happy to have had you and your family stay with us prior to your cruise, and we're glad you enjoyed your visit. I'm pleased to know that our clean and spacious accommodations met your needs and you found our hotel conveniently located for your travels! We hope you'll have another opportunity to visit us again for more family fun. Thank you again for writing.

Reviewed July 8, 2013

We stopped here for one night because we were going to go to the space station first thing next morning after weaarrived. Rooms are spectacular and new. Customer service is excellent! There is a main event in the parking lot and several great restaurants and two movie theaters within walking distance! They sell both domestic and premium beer in the lobby (oh yeah). We are already planning our next vacation here at Springhill Suites! My family is very picky of hotels and this one tops the charts! Great value for the price

• Stayed: July 2013
ConcordHospitality, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Houston NASA/Webster, responded to this reviewResponded July 14, 2013

Bridgette S,
Thank you for your review and complimentary feedback on our great hotel and our staff’s excellence in service. We’re happy to have had you and your family as our guests, and we’re glad you enjoyed your stay. It’s great to hear our hotel is a top pick for your family and we look forward to seeing everyone again soon. Thank you again for writing and making us a part of your next vacation.

Reviewed July 5, 2013

We had 2 rooms and enjoyed the stay prior to heading out to the space center. They have changed the breakfast but had the basic hot cold items on the menu like scrambled eggs, sausage, oatmeal etc..Space center is 5 minutes away and was excellent location for us.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
ConcordHospitality, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Houston NASA/Webster, responded to this reviewResponded July 11, 2013

george-fam,
Thank you for taking time to write a review about your stay with us at SpringHill Suites Webster. We appreciate you choosing to stay with us while planning a trip to the space center. We’re glad you enjoyed your visit and found our location well suited for your travel needs. Please plan to visit us again soon. Thank you again for writing.

Reviewed July 4, 2013

My family and I stayed at this hotel the night before our cruise in June 2013.

Pros:
• Spacious, clean rooms
• Reasonably priced
• Close to a lot of things (restaurants, movie theatre, Kroger, Wal-Mart, Sam’s, etc…)
• Convenient access to I-45 (on/off access)

Cons:
• Called ahead and inquired about adjacent rooms. Was promised that the adjacent rooms would be available when I checked-in. Upon check-in, there was no recollection of this request and they were not available
• Called for extra towels at approximately 5pm and was informed that housekeeping had gone home for the day. If we wanted anything, we would have to walk down. I stay at a lot of hotels and this has never been the case.
• Very few rooms available at check-in time (3pm) due to their 2pm late check-out time.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
ConcordHospitality, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Houston NASA/Webster, responded to this reviewResponded July 9, 2013

sujag1998,
Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your stay with us at SpringHill Suites Houston NASA/Webster. We appreciate you and your family choosing to stay with us before your cruise in June. I’m glad you liked our clean and spacious rooms, and found our location to offer many options and conveniences for your travel needs. Your valuable feedback provides opportunities for improvement and we apologize for failing to meet some of your expectations. I assure you that we will take your comments into consideration to improve our property. We hope you’ll have an opportunity to visit us again soon. Thank you again for writing.

Reviewed July 1, 2013

My family just took a Houston/Galveston trip. This hotel was in a good location that made getting to everything easy. I booked online. I got exactly what I wanted and the pictures on the website were exactly what we found. We stayed almost a week and every person we encountered on every shift was so friendly and welcoming. I will definitely stay there every time I'm in the area. Great job Springhill Suites! Thanks for helping my family have a great vacation!

• Stayed: June 2013
ConcordHospitality, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Houston NASA/Webster, responded to this reviewResponded July 5, 2013

thetravelingbunch3,
Thank you for taking a moment to share your experience with us at SpringHill Suites Webster. It’s great to know that our convenient location was well suited for your travel needs. I’ll be certain to pass along your complimentary feedback to our team about their warm hospitality and friendly service. We’re happy to have had you and your family as our guests, and we’re glad everyone had a great family vacation. Please plan to visit us again at SpringHill Suites Webster. Thank you again for writing.

Evette Torres, General Manager

Also consider these accommodations in or near Webster
La Quinta Inn & Suites Houston/Clear Lake-NASA
Hampton Inn Houston/Clear Lake-NASA Area
Best Western Webster Hotel, NASA
Staybridge Suites Houston / NASA - Clear Lake
Comfort Suites Webster
Comfort Suites Webster
#11 of 17 in Webster
Holiday Inn Kemah (near boardwalk)

Been to SpringHill Suites Houston NASA/Webster? Share your experiences!