“GREAT HOTEL!”

Ranked #9 of 16 Hotels in Webster
Dallas, Texas
“GREAT HOTEL!”
Reviewed September 7, 2010

We pricelined this hotel for $35.00 a night during Labor Day weekend! The staff especially Brandon was extremely helpful and polite. We asked for a roll away bed and he found one and had it brought up to our room. Our room was on the 4th floor and was exactly like the internet showed. Only thing I noticed was wallpaper falling down in the hallway and they used bright green duct tape and push pins to hold it together. We were also in need of additional towels and we called the front desk and they were brought up within 5 minutes. The next morning the maid service knocked on our door to ask if we needed anything additional towels, shampoo, toothbrush....it was very nice!

• Stayed September 2010, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
Baton Rouge, Louisiana
Reviewed August 31, 2010

Perfect hotel, perfect location. I would like to mention that the gentleman, Brandon Wingate, at the front desk is absolutely superb.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled with friends
Texas
Reviewed April 27, 2010

We booked this hotel via Priceline, getting a rate approximately $20 under the Holiday Inn internet rate. I haven't stayed in a Holiday Inn in a LONG time, and my last stay left a LOT to be desired. So, when I looked this place up on the internet I liked what I saw. And, truly, from an appearance and comfort perspective it absolutely and positively did not disappoint. The hotel opened in November 2009, but it looked and smelled like a brand new hotel! Everything was immaculate. If you enjoy sleek and contemporary design this is your place. The rooms were very hip and cool with chocolate brown and teal color schemes and contemporary art on the walls. The bed was incredible - beautiful and comfortable with a Simmons Beauty Rest pillow top mattress and a fluffy mattress pad on top of that. I don't think I even rolled over in my sleep the entire night, I was so comfortable!

Now for the not-so-goods:
1) Kids in an elevator reported the pool was filled with SALT water - two of them had very red and irritated faces that the Mom said must have come from the pool water (they were stinging hurting and red). If you plan to swim, you might check this out before you book.
2) I called the hotel the night before to add my Priority Club number to the record. When I arrived it was not in there. The night before, we discussed my room preferences and the hotel guy selected a specific room (503) for me based on what I wanted, and gave me the room number. Very cool - I thought.
3) Check in took longer than it should have. Not sure why, but I guess the worker(s) just aren't very fast. We got our room key to the room I discussed with the hotel worker the night before. When we got to the room (after lugging all our luggage up there) the key worked but we went in and the room wasn't made up and/or someone was still in it. Back downstairs I went to get another room. Got one across the hall (504), which was an upgraded room. Very cool - I thought. We went out to a party, and came home quite late (around 12:45am). Went to our room, and it smelled horrible! I thought it was a gas leak smell, and immediately panicked. Hubby thought it was a sewage smell. Regardless it was not something that you could get used to. Called down to the front desk at 1am - exhausted and irritated. Desk clerk said he was busy checking in other guests. Called again 15 minutes - said he was still busy checking in other guests. Finally, I called again five minutes later and he asked if we wanted another room. We'd already packed up all our stuff and were ready to move. They brought up another key to room 506, and we moved ourselves (!) across the hallway. The guy that brought up the key didn't even go into our room to see what we were complaining about. He just handed us the key and walked away. I don't think we even got an apology. Room 506 was hot (logical - no a/c had been on) so it took about 20 minutes+ to get it down to a sleepable temperature. So, we got unpacked (again) and by about 2am we were in bed to sleep.
4) Woke up on my own and looked at the clock - 9:17am - we overslept but not too badly. I rolled over and went back to sleep. A few minutes later I looked at my watch - the alarm clock was OFF by an hour - it was actually 10:17am not 9:17am! Now we are really late and in a panic. The microwave clock in the room was also on the wrong time. Additionally, the clock in room 504's time was off by an hour. Upon checkout the front desk was apologetic but had no explanation. We saw some maids in our hallway when we checked out, and they said there had been a sewage back up that had impacted several rooms on our side of the hotel. Obviously this was a problem not in our room only.
5) Since we booked through Priceline, the front desk suggested we contact them for any kind of monetary compensation. I think the hotel should have been more proactive to address the issues and help us. It's not like they didn't do ANYTHING, but who in the world wants to pack up all their hotel belongings at 1am and change rooms with no assistance with bags, etc.? And to a room with no a/c? UGH!

Other then that, the hotel was great. It was immaculately clean and we were very comfortable in it. I'd stay there again, but for the future I will check the clocks, etc. and resist unpacking everything until I know I'm in a room that doesn't stink. :>)

Stayed April 2010, traveled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Webster
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Houston Space Center-Clear Lake
Hilton Houston NASA Clear Lake
Hampton Inn Houston/Clear Lake-NASA Area
Staybridge Suites Houston / NASA - Clear Lake
Hilton Garden Inn Houston / Clear Lake / NASA
SpringHill Suites Houston NASA/Webster

Been to Holiday Inn Houston - Webster? Share your experiences!