“Pleasantly Surprised”

Holiday Inn Houston - Webster
Ranked #9 of 16 Hotels in Webster
Reviewed May 27, 2013

Decided to take a last minute (literally) trip. We normally stay at the Clear Lake Hilton but they were booked up because of Memorial day. Called a few places before we got lucky and found this place at a really good rate. I really didn't know anything about the place so my expectations weren't very high. However, as soon as I walked in I was immediately impressed. This is a really nice place.. A lot of bang for your buck. All they had was the king suite when we booked the room but they allowed us to move to a room with 2 double beds the next night so no one would have to sleep on the pull out couch.. Both rooms were great but I was really impressed by the size of the king suite. Very friendly staff, too. Would definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: King suites are very nice. The living and sleeping area with a huge bathroom with a modern shower...
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
Tiffany R, General Manager at Holiday Inn Houston - Webster, responded to this reviewResponded June 2, 2013

Thank you for the fantastic feedback! I am pleased to read that you had an amazing stay at Holiday Inn Webster recently! Comfort is key at the Holiday Inn and our goal is to ensure that each guest has a great experience when staying with us. I am glad you enjoyed our rooms and service, we hope to see you again soon!

There are newer reviews for Holiday Inn Houston - Webster

Reviewed April 19, 2013

Rooms where clean and comfortable and the bed was good.
Very close to NASA which was the purpose of the trip.
Breakfast was good but not free but it is very near to Sonic/ Chipotle / Firehouse Subs.
Free parking internet.

Front desk was a bit slow on checkout but friendly and helpful.
The indoor pool was great for the kids but towels where not always available.
Had to plug the Television cable in again as it was loose.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed April 17, 2013

I booked this hotel through my corporate travel agent and was pleased with the hotel. The hotel is newly renovated and linens are updated. Check in was quick and efficient and I didn't have to wait for the elevators. The room I was assigned was larger than a standard hotel room, as was the bathroom. The bed was very comfortable and I didn't have any problems falling asleep. The free wi-fi is reasonably fast.

One odd thing I noticed was that there was only one trash can in the room at the work desk. There was no trash can in the bathroom. It wasn't a problem, just an observation.

I would recommend this hotel and would stay here again. If you're staying here, make sure to look for it on a map, since it's set back from the road behind a shopping plaza.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
Tiffany R, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Houston - Webster, responded to this reviewResponded July 16, 2013

Hi Jimmy665!
I really appreciate you taking the time to review your stay at our hotel! I do apologize for the error of not returning the trash can to your bathroom during cleaning; however, I am so glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay, had a good night's sleep, and that our service and rooms were up to your standards. We look forward to having you again the next time you are in town!

Reviewed April 15, 2013

NO FREE BREAKFAST!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! And it's not worth the money to pay for it. Go next door to Sonic.
Great location! It's literally just three blocks away, with none of the highway traffic.
Surrounded by great restaurants and chains (Sonic/Chipotle) you can walk to or you can drive to Lupe Tortilla or Thai Cottage.
There is even a bowling alley next door!
Four minute drive to the mall!
The indoor pool was over-chlorinated and closed often.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family

Hi sarahbyu1!
Thank you so much for taking the time to review your stay at the Holiday Inn Houston-Webster! I apologize for any expectations that were not met with breakfast or the pool. It is a standard for full-service Holiday Inns to provide a full breakfast buffet rather than a free Continental breakfast, but I do apologize if you were not informed of those standards at the time of booking or check-in. I am, however, so glad to hear that you enjoyed our hotel and it's proximity to all sorts of restaurants, entertainment, and the Johnson Space Center! We would love to have you and your family stay with us again in the future if you are ever in the Houston, Webster, or Clear Lake areas!

Reviewed March 31, 2013 via mobile

I booked this hotel on Hotwire and was very pleased! We got it for a great price, and we were not disappointed. The hotel was very clean, modern, and very well kept. The lobby was beautiful, and the front desk people were friendly and helpful. They always greeted you with a smile. The room was very nice, beds were comfortable, and they had 4 pillows on each bed that were labeled "firm or soft" so you had a choice. The flat screen tv had lots of channels including 4 HBOs. It had all the amenities including a fridge and microwave. The a/c worked great and the view was nice. Loved the coconut lime toiletries they smelled awesome! This gets 5 stars from me, and is highly recommended. We loved it!

• Stayed: March 2013
Tiffany R, General Manager at Holiday Inn Houston - Webster, responded to this reviewResponded April 11, 2013

Thank you so much for the great feedback. We strive to provide excellent service & to make your stay a home away from home @ all times. We are so delighted to hear your approval of the Coconut Lime Toiletries. This gives us great pleasure in knowing that you are 100% satisfied!!! We look forward to seeing you soon.

Reviewed March 21, 2013

Property looks nice but the staff and service are horrible. We were there for a 2 night stay. They didn't do any housekeeping on the second day. We came back from the beach late in the evening to find that we didn't have clean towels or soap to take a shower. I called front desk and they said they wold send someone to take care of it but no one showed up for 30 mins. I called again and the guy at the front desk (Ray) says he has no way of contacting housekeeping since they were off on their rounds - I guess they have not heard of phones or radios. I wait another 30 mins, no one shows up. My kids were tired and went to sleep in unmade beds by that time. So I called again and Ray still wasn't sure when housekeeping would get to us. I asked them not to bother as kids were already off to sleep. I asked Ray to make a note of what had happened so that I could talk to the manager in the morning.

We were really frustrated and felt like we were staying in a cheap $50 motel. I went down the next morning to complain and found that Ray was on duty again (double shifts?). He didn't really want to do anything about what had happened. I asked for a refund because I didn't think I should have to pay for such crappy service and unmade rooms with no clean towels or soap. He called his manager who said she would give me 50% off for the inconvenience but when we checked out it turned out that they only gave me 50% off for one night rather than taking the full day off or giving 50% off the full bill. I asked Ray for a copy of his log so I could send it to Holiday Inn customer service but he refused. Even refused to get on the phone with Customer Service.

The breakfast was a joke. The waiter didn't come by to our table for 20 mins and was happily serving other people who came after us.

I would not recommend this hotel to anyone.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
Tiffany R, General Manager at Holiday Inn Houston - Webster, responded to this reviewResponded April 2, 2013

While it is true that our housekeepers will not enter a room with a Do Not Disturb posted on the door at any time, I apologize that we were unable to meet your expectations during your spring break stay. It is our goal to consistently provide the superior service and accommodations to all our guests that has resulted in us being ranked number 1 in the Houston region for our guest service scores. I also want to apologize that the compensation given of 50% off the night’s rate also fell below expectation.

As we value both your safety and security as well as the safety and security of our other guests, the front desk agents are unfortunately not allowed to make full copies of any logs that contain confidential and private information of our other guests, as it would create a create a life safety issue. However, I will reach out to you offline to see if there is anything more I can personally do to further make amends. We take all reviews positive and negative very seriously, and your feedback will help us improve for our next guest or your next visit.

Respectfully,

Tiffany Rolland

Reviewed February 3, 2013 via mobile

This hotel is in a great location. Near restaurants a bowling alley shops and more. The staff was excellent. Very nice and helpful. The room was clean and a perfect size. The beds are comfortable and the sheets and pillows were very clean. The pool and fitness center are open 24 hours. The hot tub was awesomeand the pool was perfect. The breakfast was delicious. The waiter was very attentive and the omlets were yummy. I would recommend staying here if you are in the Webster area.

• Stayed: February 2013
1  Thank smahan6

Thank you so much for the awesome feedback!!!!!! We are delighted to hear that we were successful with providing you excellent service. We look forward to seeing you soon.