“Williford family vacation 2012” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Holiday Inn Houston - Webster

Holiday Inn Houston - Webster
Ranked #7 of 16 Hotels in Webster
Memphis, Tennessee
“Williford family vacation 2012”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 20, 2012

My husband, kids and grand kids stayed here from June 14 through June 17 the hotel was clean and the staff were very friendly. We were only minutes away from the Houston-Galveston area attractions. The only thing missing was a complimentary breakfast. We will glady stay here again.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
leesville, la
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 19, 2012

Got a great deal for this hotel through Hotwire! The hotel is very clean and the staff were very friendly. The receptionist upgraded our room to a queen suite- it was very big and spacious- The bathroom was large and the shower was large! The only downside is there is no free breakfast- but there are plenty of food options close by- NASA was only a 2.8 miles from the hotel and the mall is maybe a mile from the hotel- Overall I would definitely stay here again!

• Stayed July 2012
Liberty Township, OH
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 9, 2012

We were a little nervous when we opted to stay in the Webster area as opposed to a Downtown Houston location, but this very Contemporary style, full-service (though it lacked a complimentray breakfast:( and state-of-the-art facility did not disappoint! Nice quite and peaceful location. It is surrounded by exceptional attractions like the Lyndon B. Johnson Space Center (less than two minute drive), where we discovered the world of space exploration at the NASA Space Center. Downtown Houston was just a short drive from Webster, Texas (twenty to thirty minute drive) and easily acessible for taking in a ball game at Minute Maid Park. This hotel is designed with your comfort in mind. There is an indoor, heated saline pool that our family of five enjoyed although it was very warm and muggy in the pool area and the pool left a horrible stench on our suits.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 3, 2012 via mobile

My husband and I came to the area for a friends wedding and chose to stay at this property and I can honesty say this is the cleanest hotel I have ever stayed at. I'm a hotel manager myself and have stayed at A LOT of hotels and I of course inspect every little thing:) There wasn't even any dust on top of the headboard! Very impressive:) Good job housekeeping!
Rebecca at the front desk was very sweet and professional. The only suggestion I have for the front desk is to keep the conditioner stocked. I asked for conditioner on 3 separate occasions and none was available. When I asked the last time someone (I believe a manager) got me some right away. Not a big deal, just a suggestion.
My cell phone had no Internet service the entire stay (even when connected to the free wifi) but I have AT&T and often have problems with their service so that may not be a wifi issue.
All in all I would say this is definitely a great hotel! Very very clean and a lot of really good restaurants within walking distance.

• Stayed June 2012
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 17, 2012

After a long day of traveling in heavy traffic and wet raining weather, it was nice to walk into such a beautiful hotel with welcoming staff members! The rooms were very clean as well at the lobby areas and bar area. We will definately be back!!! Thank you for your kind hospitality!!!

• Stayed February 2012
Rhode Island
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 6, 2012

Although I admit that Webster/Clear Lake isn't my idea of heaven, I sometimes travel there for business and I would definitely stay at this HI again. The room was spacious and clean, the staff were professional and friendly (my experience was definitely distinct from some of the earlier reviews), and the location was close to where I needed to be.

I do suggest looking around for discounts, since I felt like I got a great value for the money I paid using an opaque site.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled on business
Richmond, Virginia
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 31, 2012

I booked this hotel in the Houston area again because my previous stay 2-3 years ago was quite pleasant. The hotel had been new then. This time, when I arrived after a 3.5 hour flight and a 35 minute drive, I was met with one of the rudest and most un-helpful person I have ever seen in a hotel reception. This lady showed the exact opposite traits of everything that should be in someone working in the hospitality industry. She was rude, unfriendly, cold and totally un-helpful. I had not had anything to eat and when I asked her about options, she said, 'our restaurant just closed'. When I asked for information on which hotels in the area may be still open, she had the nerve to tell me, 'I don't work for the restaurants. I don't know'. I asked to speak to the manager on duty and she said, there is no manager on duty. I asked to speak to the general manager and she connected to someone's voice mail where I left a message. I never got a response back!

Two days later (Wed, Jan 25), the hotel lost power supply in the morning. There were no lights in the bathroom and just a couple of lights were on in the sleeping and living area. When I called down to the FD, another example of this terrible service was shown by the guy who was there. He had no answers and when I told him that I had to shave & shower and go to work, he still had no helpful answers. He kept me on hold and never came back. When I asked about candles or flashlights for such emergencies, he said 'No, we don't offer all that. I have a flashlight down here.'

The hotel does not provide any amenities for Priority Club members, not even a newspaper outside the door, and of course, no receipt under the door the day I was checking out. I will never go back to this hotel, which I once thought highly of. Change in management can do this to hotels. This hotel does not deserve the Holiday Inn name.

Room Tip: My best tip to prevent unwary travelers from getting a rude shock at the hotel, is to avoid this hot...