I booked this hotel in the Houston area again because my previous stay 2-3 years ago was quite pleasant. The hotel had been new then. This time, when I arrived after a 3.5 hour flight and a 35 minute drive, I was met with one of the rudest and most un-helpful person I have ever seen in a hotel reception. This lady showed the exact opposite traits of everything that should be in someone working in the hospitality industry. She was rude, unfriendly, cold and totally un-helpful. I had not had anything to eat and when I asked her about options, she said, 'our restaurant just closed'. When I asked for information on which hotels in the area may be still open, she had the nerve to tell me, 'I don't work for the restaurants. I don't know'. I asked to speak to the manager on duty and she said, there is no manager on duty. I asked to speak to the general manager and she connected to someone's voice mail where I left a message. I never got a response back!
Two days later (Wed, Jan 25), the hotel lost power supply in the morning. There were no lights in the bathroom and just a couple of lights were on in the sleeping and living area. When I called down to the FD, another example of this terrible service was shown by the guy who was there. He had no answers and when I told him that I had to shave & shower and go to work, he still had no helpful answers. He kept me on hold and never came back. When I asked about candles or flashlights for such emergencies, he said 'No, we don't offer all that. I have a flashlight down here.'
The hotel does not provide any amenities for Priority Club members, not even a newspaper outside the door, and of course, no receipt under the door the day I was checking out. I will never go back to this hotel, which I once thought highly of. Change in management can do this to hotels. This hotel does not deserve the Holiday Inn name.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Only Full Service Hotel in Webster, TX that offers a Restaurant and lounge and is conveniently located on Bay Area Blvd, only 3 miles from NASA Johnson Space Center and within walking distance to many restaurants, shopping, and entertainment. Our central location provides easy access to a number of recreational activities. Stroll through Armand Bayou Nature Center, watch the boats on the Kemah Boardwalk, go Shopping at Baybrook Mall, or relax on the water at Clear Lake Park. The San Jacinto Monument, Battleship Texas, and Big League Dreams Park are just a short drive away. The beaches of Galveston Island and the excitement of Downtown Houston are just two places nearby not to miss while visiting. Business travelers will appreciate our free wired and wireless high-speed Internet access, as well as copy and fax services. University of Houston Clear Lake, BP, Boeing, ExxonMobil, Lockheed Martin, Jacobs Engineering, NASA Johnson Space Center, Ellington field and Sekisui Chemical are just a few of the companies that call Houston Clear Lake home. Relax in your own elegant room featuring stylish decor and amenities, and the best night's sleep you've had in weeks. If you're hungry, you can head downstairs to our Sunny's Restaurant & Bar or receive room service in your room. Enjoy a swim in our heated pool with hot tub or energize in our 24 hour fitness center. We're here, ready with all you need to make your trip to Houston Clear Lake a success. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with IHG, Expedia, Travelocity, Hotwire, Orbitz, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Cancelon, Priceline, Cheap Tickets, Evoline ltd, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly, Hotel.de and HotelsClick so you can book your Holiday Inn Houston - Webster reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Houston - Webster Hotel Webster
- Holiday Inn Houston - Webster TX