We squeezed in a short road trip, right before school starting. Two of my three kids are starting public school this fall, so this was the last chance before being a slave to the school year calendar. I typically stay on Galveston Island, on the beach, but reading all the reviews scared me off. I guess they haven't fully recovered from the hurricane yet. After reading the reviews for this hotel, I was hopeful.
The first thing you will notice is the cheerful attitude of the staff. They must put something in their water, because they were all smiles and very friendly. And not the fake hotel clerk friendly either, the real deal, and they honestly tried to help you in anyway possible. The second thing you will notice is all the real amenities, not just fake ones listed in a brochure. The actually had clean, working, washer and dryers, pool, movie room, etc. The movie room came in handy when it rained, the pool was great for burning off the kids energy, and the free laundry was great for after the trips to the beach (a 20 minute drive). The free breakfast was a great time saver that let us be first in line at all attractions. The free dinner Tues-Thurs was a great backup plan if we needed to rest before heading out to evening hot spots. They even had free beer on tap and wine in carafes at dinner, not that I'm a big drinker. The full kitchen with real dishes and silverware allowed us to save a lot of money on feeding the troops. The layout of the rooms was excellent. We did one double queen and one single king, which worked out great because it gave us one shower and one bathtub (in the queen). With two queens and a pullout bed, that is serious sleeping capacity per room.
We do not have pets, or travel with pets, but I noticed a Paris Hilton look alike with a dog roaming the halls, so I guess it is allowed. My oldest is allergic to dogs, so I told her I would not go in the elevator with her, and she was very nice and said she would wait for the next one, so no biggie.
If I had to nit pick and try to find something wrong, the only thing I can think of is the TV in my bedroom would kick off when the AC cycled on. But, it was a Samsung flat screen, and this particular model is known for being sensitive to line voltage. The ones in grandma's room did not do this.
Overall, best hotel experience ever. I highly recommend staying here.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to the Staybridge Suites Houston/NASA Clear Lake! Your large, upscale suite awaits with a fully-furnished kitchen, luxurious Plush Paradise beds, and LCD TV with HDTV. Start your day off with a delicious and hot complimentary breakfast and end it relaxing at the Just Like Home Theater or putting green! For the active traveler, jumpstart your day at our club level fitness center and end it relaxing in our saltwater resort pool/hot tub! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, IHG, Expedia, Priceline, Hotels.com, Hotwire, Orbitz and HotelQuickly so you can book your Staybridge Suites Houston / NASA - Clear Lake reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Staybridge Suites Houston / Nasa - Clear Lake Hotel Webster
- Staybridge Suites Webster
- Staybridge Suites Houston / NASA - Clear Lake Webster, TX