“Fantastic Experience, minutes from everything - STAY HERE!”

Staybridge Suites Houston / NASA - Clear Lake
Ranked #2 of 16 Hotels in Webster
Dallas
“Fantastic Experience, minutes from everything - STAY HERE!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 29, 2009

We squeezed in a short road trip, right before school starting. Two of my three kids are starting public school this fall, so this was the last chance before being a slave to the school year calendar. I typically stay on Galveston Island, on the beach, but reading all the reviews scared me off. I guess they haven't fully recovered from the hurricane yet. After reading the reviews for this hotel, I was hopeful.

The first thing you will notice is the cheerful attitude of the staff. They must put something in their water, because they were all smiles and very friendly. And not the fake hotel clerk friendly either, the real deal, and they honestly tried to help you in anyway possible. The second thing you will notice is all the real amenities, not just fake ones listed in a brochure. The actually had clean, working, washer and dryers, pool, movie room, etc. The movie room came in handy when it rained, the pool was great for burning off the kids energy, and the free laundry was great for after the trips to the beach (a 20 minute drive). The free breakfast was a great time saver that let us be first in line at all attractions. The free dinner Tues-Thurs was a great backup plan if we needed to rest before heading out to evening hot spots. They even had free beer on tap and wine in carafes at dinner, not that I'm a big drinker. The full kitchen with real dishes and silverware allowed us to save a lot of money on feeding the troops. The layout of the rooms was excellent. We did one double queen and one single king, which worked out great because it gave us one shower and one bathtub (in the queen). With two queens and a pullout bed, that is serious sleeping capacity per room.

We do not have pets, or travel with pets, but I noticed a Paris Hilton look alike with a dog roaming the halls, so I guess it is allowed. My oldest is allergic to dogs, so I told her I would not go in the elevator with her, and she was very nice and said she would wait for the next one, so no biggie.

If I had to nit pick and try to find something wrong, the only thing I can think of is the TV in my bedroom would kick off when the AC cycled on. But, it was a Samsung flat screen, and this particular model is known for being sensitive to line voltage. The ones in grandma's room did not do this.

Overall, best hotel experience ever. I highly recommend staying here.

• Stayed August 2009, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (46)
Carencro, Louisiana
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 13, 2009

My husband, teenager, toddler and I arrived for a family wedding on 8/7/2009 . We absolutely enjoyed our stay. The service was excellent. The beds were very very comfortable. We were in a Double Queen Suite. 2 HDTV Flat screens, one in living room and one in bed room. The bathroom was huge. The kitchen was to die for (hotel speaking). It had stainless steel appliances, frige with ice-maker, dishwasher, convection microwave oven. The kitchen also had all utensils, pots and glasses (wine glasses also). We had a 2 person seat breakfast bar and a work desk with 2 phones in the room. We also had door bell. The drapes were really dark so we could sleep late. The hotel was really clean.
We really enjoyed the breakfast. The laundry room was awesome, it was complimentary. Loved the theatre room and there were three computers available for use with a fax.
We also requested a late check-out and was accommodated.
The pool and outdoor area near the pool was just fabulous. For breakfast, the food varied, from eggs, waffles, omlettes, sausage, fruit, cereal, muffins, etc.

Con--the only thing we complained about in OUR room was the water pressure in the shower. It was really low. My sisters room next door had no issues with the shower. The location is near BAYBROOK MALL and many places to eat, such as TGI Fridays, McDonald's, etc.

We will stay again, that's a promise!!!

• Stayed August 2009, traveled with family
magnoliamaven
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 10, 2009

My husband and I chose to stay at this hotel based on the reviews of this site, and we were not disappointed in the least. We arrived in town early and asked to check in about one hour early, and the staff graciously accommodated our request. The rooms felt brand-new and were extraordinarily clean. We loved the cabinetry, granite countertops, plasma televisions, and stainless steel appliances in the kitchen (it was also nicely furnished with silverware and plates and some kitchen utensils). The mattress gave us a great sleep each night, and the bathroom was amazingly large and well-appointed to match the style in the kitchen. We loved the TV room in the lobby, and the fitness center looked state-of-the-art. The complimentary breakfast offered many, many options -- and most surprising was the soda dispenser we found there which I haven't seen in other similar establishments.

There were only a couple of downsides to our stay. The fridge comes with an ice maker, which we had to turn off at night because of the loud sound that was emitted with the ice dropped into the ice bucket in the freezer. Secondly, the room did not have the recliner promised in hotel description (we had a 1-bedroom suite) but had a comfortable living room chair instead. Lastly, our neighbors were quite noisy and stayed up slamming doors and talking loudly until after 1 AM each night. The noise wasn't quite a noticeable in the bedroom but was very loud in the living room area.

Overall, we give this hotel 2 thumbs up and will make it our hotel of choice when returning to the Clear Lake area.

• Stayed August 2009, traveled as a couple
1 Thank magnoliamaven
San Antonio
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 18, 2009

This was our first trip w/our 18mo old daughter. We were unsure of how she was going to handle the car ride, the hotel stay, etc...
When we arrived, the staff was friendly, we were surprised to find that dinner was free that night and the room was awesome! It was unexpected. The room was clean and we felt that were at home. Our daughter had so much room to play with her dolls and toys. My husband and nephew enjoyed the pool area while we enjoyed relaxing in the room. Breakfast was great! so many choices. It's close to NASA and only a 20 min drive to Galveston and into Houston. We are Staybridge hotel-goers. Only if they had more around.

• Stayed June 2009, traveled with family
1 Thank SimplyMovin
Houston
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 14, 2009

We took our 3 grandchildren to visit the Space Center and Moody Gardens ! I've been to a few extended stay suites before so I figured it would be like the rest of them. I was wrong. The staff was completely amazing; they were friendly and made certain we had everything we needed. The rooms were spacious and very clean. King size bed slept myself and the 3 kiddos and the sleeper sofa was perfect for my husband.

Had a known the pool area was so great I wouldn't have made plans to see the other attractions we had planned for the weekend. They had a putting green (my husband was excited ) and the pool was elegant (kids loved it).

To top it all off this place had the best food I've ever had at any hotel or extended stay. We felt like we were at a resort. We will be back very soon ! Thanks again for a wonderful weekend I wish would could have stayed longer than three days.

• Stayed June 2009, traveled with family
3 Thank jpark38
Bay Area
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 25, 2009

I stayed here prior to attending a wedding in Houston in late April based on a tip from a local that a new hotel had opened up in the area. I was very impressed with the finish of this hotel which was only a few weeks old when I visited...much care was put in to make sure everything was running smoothly and I didn't see any hiccups that you might see in a newly opened place. There is a theater room available with access to tons of free movies to any guest which I unfortunately could not take advantage of. Also, the rain stopped me from using the large swimming pool or "putting green" but pretty cool none the less. The room was very spacious and had a nice LCD TV...bed was better top notch - comfortable pillows and a fabulous mattress that gave me a great night's sleep...so I was able to get up bright and early to make use of the free gym which surpassed all my expectations...all new machines and a large assortment of free weights..probably the best complimentary hotel gym I've ever used. Great continental breakfast and a friendly staff that displayed true southern hospitality. Definitely stay here if you are on business or personal travel in the South Houston area.

• Stayed April 2009, traveled solo
1 Thank deeps_99
Maryland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 13, 2009

I'm staying here while visiting Johnson Space Center for about 2 weeks. I'm a gov't contractor staying at the Gov't rate. I've got a one bedroom suite, seperate livingroom and bedroom. Rooms are a good size, clean and well furnished. I've got two 32? inch HD-LCD TV's, one livingroom, one bedroom. Also have an in-room DVD player. The kitchen has a full size refrigerator, 2-burner stove, large microwave, dishwasher, pots, pans, dishes, and silverware. Free highspeed WiFi.

The room has been very quiet. I don't hear plumbing noises from adjoining rooms. The place only opened about 1.5 months ago.

They provide a good, free breakfast buffet with waffle maker, scrambled eggs, ham slices, biscuits and gravy, fruit, yogurt, oatmeal, juices, cereals, and muffin type items.

On Tues, Weds, and Thurs evenings they provide a free "Manager's Special" supper buffet. Simple stuff, last night was Chilli Dogs, salad, beer, wine, soda.

All the staff have all been very friendly and helpful.

You can't beat the value for the money!

• Stayed May 2009, traveled on business
2 Thank Traveler_Dave_9
Also consider these accommodations in or near Webster
Hampton Inn Houston/Clear Lake-NASA Area
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Houston Space Center-Clear Lake
SpringHill Suites Houston NASA/Webster
Comfort Suites Webster
Comfort Suites Webster
#8 of 16 in Webster
Hilton Garden Inn Houston / Clear Lake / NASA
Courtyard Houston NASA/Clear Lake

Been to Staybridge Suites Houston / NASA - Clear Lake? Share your experiences!