“I wouldn't stay here again”

Days Inn & Suites Webster NASA-Clear Lake-Houston
Ranked #8 of 16 Hotels in Webster
Reviewed May 7, 2011

We stayed at the days inn for a total of five nights. We had rented the most "expensive" room in the hotel, thinking it would be the nicest. Boy were we wrong. I dont mean to go on the internet and make a bad name for days inn, but at the same time i dont think its fair too other consumers to be taken advantage of like us. I think the first and foremost complaint was the smell. It smelt very wet and musty. We had a ground exit floor where you exited into the parking lot. The website specifically states that the hotel was "remodeled" in 2006. The lobby and breakfast areas were about the only thing that looked as what i expected. Our room looked like something straight out of the 1980s, microwave, fridge, tv, etc. The bathroom had no exhaust fan in it, half of the power outlets in the room didnt work, and the smell, that was the worst part about it. Overall it was just a bad experience with the hotel. I have stayed in my fair share of hotels.

I think to sum it all up, this was by far the worst hotel that i have stayed at and wouldn't recommend it to anyone. For the amount of money we paid i would have rather slept in my rental car.

Room Tip: book a different hotel
1  Thank usatraveler083

Reviewed May 1, 2011

This is truly a good deal, and if you do a two night stay through Days Inn site its an extra 15% off. Also the manager Devon is great if you prefer to call direct. He was very polite, checked me in early upon arrival, showed me a map with surrounding attractions. He gave me coupons to the Space Center and also told me the resturants to stay away from to help our budget. He also called to make sure we had everything we needed and the room was to our liking about 20 min after we were in the room.This kind of service is not found any longer, and was a welcomed change. We had just drove in from Galveston Island after staying in BW beachfront and found Days Inn to be cheaper, roomier, and cleaner. The room is a little dated, no flatscreens, and it has old microwaves, and tubs, but its all clean and functioning. Thats more important to us. The pool area is very nice, and towels provided, it was also very clean. I never write these, but after Devon was so helpful and the room was such a drastic change from the dirty environment we left in Galveston, I had to take the time. I would highly recommend it if you are looking for a clean, economical, customer service based environment and not frills. Its also right off HWY 45, and about 10 min from the Space Center, its 23 miles from downtown Houston Aquarium which is also awesome.

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed April 23, 2011

My husband and I stayed for the month of April, 2011. We were very pleasantly accommodated by Devon Patel, General Manager and his excellent staff. They were friendly ( in a respecting manner), and quick to address issues or help we needed. The rooms are very clean, pleasantly decorated. We stayed in a non-smoking room and believe that it had not been smoked in, ever. The jacuzzi bath on the lower levels was a nice way to relax at the end of the day. There is an indoor pool, very well maintained, and is pleasant and not crowded. Our room had a microwave, coffee pot, and microwave. The area around the hotel is safe, with an excellent restaurant right in front of the hotel.

Reviewed April 14, 2011

Staff were friendly and polite but the hotel desperately needs a refurb.

I had a room on the ground floor with a door which opened to the car park and a window which didn't open at all. This probably contributed to the disgusting stale smell in the room, as the only 'ventilation' came from a noisy under-window air conditioner and a ceiling fan. Then again, there are plenty of hotels for which this is perfectly adequate without making the room stink.

I assume I had a "suite" because it had a 2-seater settee and kitchen area - a counter along one wall with a sink, fridge and microwave. Certainly the room was a reasonable size and the bed was comfortable. However, the walls, carpets and furniture all looked grubby - not dirty but they looked as though they hadn't been painted or replaced in years. The microwave looked as though it came from a time before electricity had been invented and the kitchen counter was chipped and worn. The bedspread had a hole in it.

Wireless internet access is included, as is breakfast. But the breakfast choice is very limited with no hot food. The pool looked OK but I didn't try it out.

The hotel is close to the Space Centre and there are loads of restaurants nearby. Luckily I was only staying for one night. Unfortunately it was the last night of my holiday and by far the worst hotel I'd stayed in (so I knew I could expect better for the price). Maybe that's why I can still remember the smell so well.

I wouldn't recommend this place and won't stay again.

• Stayed: March 2011, traveled with friends
1  Thank KevinH166
Reviewed April 6, 2011

Management requested confidential medical records when I needed to change my stay. I actually did ask for them and my doctor said "NO WAY". I asked the manager if there was anything else I could send. He had "no idea" because he just made up the the requirement because he knew no doctor would release medical records to a hotel manager.

This hotel allows no refunds or changes in the fine print. However there is no fine print. I went back through the booking to find out where it said this. I had to click on a hyperlink to open another box to tell me no cancellations were allowed in size 2 print at the bottom of the box.

Manager also claimed that out of a $70 per night reservation he only actually got paid $25 by booking agent. I highly doubt that!

Hotel sounded nice and may be a "good value" but I wouldn't want to hinge my vacation or sleep under a roof controlled by swindlers like this.

1  Thank CoolDeals
Reviewed March 22, 2011

I have to start by saying that the service at this hotel is amazing! Deven (the manager) called me the day before we arrived to verify our room requests and he was able to get us the exact rooms we needed. When we arrived on Thursday, our rooms weren't ready, even though it was 3:15 and check in is at 3:00. I explained that my mom really needed her room so she could rest (she's 68 and has cancer) so they got her into a room within 10 minutes. I took the kids to the pool while we waited for our room, which was ready even sooner than they had anticipated. When we got to our room, we found a note thanking us for being patient, along with cookies and two bottles of water. I thought that was a nice little touch and the kids certainly enjoyed the snack!

The hotel was close to the major attractions we wanted to visit (NASA and Kemah), and any restaurant you could ever want is within a mile's drive. The indoor pool was always clean and never crowded. The free internet was an added bonus and the connection was usually pretty strong. We had an interior room upstairs and it was amazingly quiet, even with all of the spring breakers. The beds were super comfy too! And again, the staff was wonderful! They gave us an extra hour to checkout when I realized that checkout was 11 and not noon.

I would be remiss if I didn't mention a couple of points that I feel could be improved upon. The bathroom/sink area/ dressing area in our room (a double) was tiny. It wouldn't have been possible for two adults to share that space without bumping elbows. My mom had a king room downstairs and her sink and counter area was huge; I'd like to see that in all the rooms. The carpet in the rooms and hallways were dingy and could have used a good cleaning or even replacement. An elevator would have been nice; I can't imagine a senior citizen trying to get their stuff up the steps. The hotel had on-site laundry facilities, but the dryer was broken. Considering the amount of traffic coming through there on spring break, a working dryer would have been nice.

All-in-all, our stay here was excellent. None of the issues I mentioned affected our stay whatsoever. I would definitely stay here again!

• Stayed: March 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed December 2, 2010

Very near to Nasa. Hotel rooms are clean & staff is very helpfull. You can even get Nasa discount coupons from the staff. Complimentary breakfast is available in the morning. But it's available for limited time.

• Stayed: May 2010, traveled as a couple
1  Thank trip_review123
Also consider these accommodations in or near Webster
Best Western Webster Hotel, NASA
Super 8 Houston/NASA/Webster Area
Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Houston
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Houston Space Center-Clear Lake
La Quinta Inn & Suites Houston/Clear Lake-NASA
Hampton Inn Houston/Clear Lake-NASA Area

Been to Days Inn & Suites Webster NASA-Clear Lake-Houston? Share your experiences!