“Very enjoyable stay; hotel could use some TLC”

Days Inn & Suites Webster NASA-Clear Lake-Houston
Ranked #8 of 17 Hotels in Webster
Reviewed March 22, 2011

I have to start by saying that the service at this hotel is amazing! Deven (the manager) called me the day before we arrived to verify our room requests and he was able to get us the exact rooms we needed. When we arrived on Thursday, our rooms weren't ready, even though it was 3:15 and check in is at 3:00. I explained that my mom really needed her room so she could rest (she's 68 and has cancer) so they got her into a room within 10 minutes. I took the kids to the pool while we waited for our room, which was ready even sooner than they had anticipated. When we got to our room, we found a note thanking us for being patient, along with cookies and two bottles of water. I thought that was a nice little touch and the kids certainly enjoyed the snack!

The hotel was close to the major attractions we wanted to visit (NASA and Kemah), and any restaurant you could ever want is within a mile's drive. The indoor pool was always clean and never crowded. The free internet was an added bonus and the connection was usually pretty strong. We had an interior room upstairs and it was amazingly quiet, even with all of the spring breakers. The beds were super comfy too! And again, the staff was wonderful! They gave us an extra hour to checkout when I realized that checkout was 11 and not noon.

I would be remiss if I didn't mention a couple of points that I feel could be improved upon. The bathroom/sink area/ dressing area in our room (a double) was tiny. It wouldn't have been possible for two adults to share that space without bumping elbows. My mom had a king room downstairs and her sink and counter area was huge; I'd like to see that in all the rooms. The carpet in the rooms and hallways were dingy and could have used a good cleaning or even replacement. An elevator would have been nice; I can't imagine a senior citizen trying to get their stuff up the steps. The hotel had on-site laundry facilities, but the dryer was broken. Considering the amount of traffic coming through there on spring break, a working dryer would have been nice.

All-in-all, our stay here was excellent. None of the issues I mentioned affected our stay whatsoever. I would definitely stay here again!

• Stayed: March 2011, traveled with family

Reviewed December 2, 2010

Very near to Nasa. Hotel rooms are clean & staff is very helpfull. You can even get Nasa discount coupons from the staff. Complimentary breakfast is available in the morning. But it's available for limited time.

• Stayed: May 2010, traveled as a couple
1  Thank trip_review123
Reviewed October 28, 2010

This is my second visit (one stay of 3 weeks) here since my last review in 2008 and I am still impressed with this hotel and its very friendly staff. I would not stay anywhere else when I am in the area. Work on NASA road 1 has now been completed.

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 10, 2010

I must say this has been the first hotel to "wow" my family and myself in a long time. We travel a lot since my husband plays softball and we stay in many hotels. I myself work for a hotel and can be very picky. I honestly could not find anything to pick apart. All the employees from the GM down to the housekeepers were exceptional. Attentive, professional and just out of their way friendly. The rooms were neat and not over crowded. They also smelled clean not overbearing. The grounds were also well kept. The location was perfect very close to a lot of attractions. It was just a straight shot for us to go to Galveston 40 minute ride at the most. Kudos to your hotel and employees Days Inn and Suites, Webster. You made it a pleasant stay for my family and I. I find that you guys under-priced for the service you provide.

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled with family
1  Thank SonyaLynn
Reviewed August 29, 2010

The location is great, close to NASA center and waterfront. Unfortunately the room that we had wasn't up to our expectations; yes it smells mold and cleanliness was questionable; They could have done better. Staff was friendly and very helpful. They offer free internet and free breakfast which was very basic, no hot item. There an indoor pool but it got so hot inside that you think it's a sauna not a pool. Anyway it's an OK hotel for a night or 2.

• Stayed: April 2010, traveled with family
Reviewed August 9, 2010

You get your moneysworth. Clean, everything you need, indoor pool, reasonable price,
good location. Only issue was pool not open until 10AM. and no outdoor pool.
Lupes Mexican restaurant nearby is great and reasonable.. Also Zitis Italion restaurant at FM518 and Stratmore, home cooked Italian food at reasonable prices and great service.

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled with family
Reviewed July 28, 2010

Not the worst place I've ever stayed but certainly not what I expected. The minifridge and microwave were easily from the 1980's (no, I'm not kidding), the walls showed "scars" where there had obviously been holes (not just 1 or 2 minor ones), smelled musty, the fold out couch had stains all over it, the tub had to be early 80's too (unless it was really dirty). Had ironing board and iron but the iron was chained to the board (need to chain a $10 iron?).

The carpet seemed new and the mattress seemed pretty new too. Has a small indoor pool which seemed kept up. Has 1 washer and dryer and some vending machines.

VERY hard to find - my poor GPS seemed to be having an anuerysm. Its actually on NASA Parkway (not Texas Ave or NASA Rd 1) hence my driving in circles at 1:30 am trying to find it. Its nicely located between Galveston and Houston if you plan on going to both. Has some good restaurants nearby too.

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled solo
Also consider these accommodations in or near Webster
Best Western Webster Hotel, NASA
La Quinta Inn & Suites Houston/Clear Lake-NASA
Comfort Suites Webster
Comfort Suites Webster
#10 of 17 in Webster
Hampton Inn Houston/Clear Lake-NASA Area
SpringHill Suites Houston NASA/Webster
Super 8 Houston/NASA/Webster Area

Been to Days Inn & Suites Webster NASA-Clear Lake-Houston? Share your experiences!