“Noisy and Expensive”

Angel's Nest and Breakfast
Ranked #3 of 3 Weatherford B&B and Inns
Reviewed May 12, 2010

We have passed this B&B over the years and never had a chance to stop so we made a special trip just to stay the evening. We stayed in room #3 and the noise from the highway was just outside our window. While no major problems, the location is showing it's wear.

• Stayed: May 2010, traveled as a couple

Reviewed April 29, 2010

This is a gem of a house with a very large treed yard, unfortunately it is right off a very busy road. The house itself is grand and inviting with all the seating on the wrap around porch, but the inside is a little disappointing with mismatched furniture or funiture that just doesn't match the era of the house. We stayed in Room #2 which was very spacious and had the most gorgeous (and comfortable bed). The bathroom is very tiny (but clean) but there was a massive TV mounted over the toilet that you could easily hit your head on if you weren't careful. There is already a large plasma tv in the room, and another on the porch...why another tv in the bathroom? Oh, and the "private" porch was anything but. We kept getting asked by the staff if they could use the porch to access the kitchen while we were trying to enjoy some privacy. Either get another convenient entrance to the kitchen, or do not advertise this as a private porch. The staff was, however, very friendly although we had to ask for another towel (only one in the bathroom) and we had no coffee or coffee filters for our room coffee maker. Somewhat unprofessional for this price range ($200) of an establishment. Breakfast was very good and delivered to the room on time. With some tweaking, this could be a very upscale bed and breakfast.

• Stayed: April 2010, traveled as a couple
1  Thank TexasLuv2Travel2
Reviewed January 18, 2010

My boyfriend and I were traveling cross-country and stopped in Weatherford for the night. This place was a dream come true after two of the previous shady places we stayed along the way. Our rooms were beautiful, the price definitely affordable, and our host was very pleasant. I wish I could've stayed longer!

• Stayed: December 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 18, 2009

I had an amazing getaway weekend. The owner was so lovely and helpful. The house is beautiful with most comfortable bed I have ever slept in. The breakfast was hot bacon, eggs, biscuits, jelly, orange juice. I spent two night and can't wait to return!

• Stayed: May 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 22, 2009

When we pulled up to Angel's Nest B & B, the painted lady house was gorgeous. The yard swing inviting and the general maintenence of the lawn was good. The inside was another story. The home is a gem of Victorian woodwork. However the huge screen TV in the parlor as you walk in along with the modernish chair and lounge really did not match the period of the house. The dining room was a mess. Our bedroom was large and the bathroom was small but servicable. There was a small balcony off the bedroom overlooking downtown Weatherford. The furnishings in the bedroom were nice however when I turn back the comforter, it has what appeared to be "personal stains". The owner is extremely nice and personable and perhaps it was just a bad two days. I do recommend going to Chandor Gardens in Weatherford. It is a magical fairyland.

• Stayed: April 2009, traveled as a couple
2  Thank darlinbeck
Reviewed March 12, 2009

We arrived very late around 8:30 at night in March of this year. The temperature had dropped to around 50 degrees the day before. When we got there the room was freezing. We were in the penthouse suite on the top floor. VERY small room with windows all around. We had to walk up stairs to a VERY cold bathroom with a jaquzzi (which took about an 1 hr 1/2 to fill up). NO SHOWER, which meant no bath the next day because we didn't have 1 hr 1/2 to fill up the tub.

We turned the heater on high. It was a wall unit that blew hot air. The only heater in the bathroom was a small floor heater. The wall unit in there did not work. Needless to say our romantic night was not very romantic. By that night the temp. had dropped into the low 40's. The windows that surrounded the room had NO insulation. It did have an electric blanket on the bed. I wonder why??? I absolutely froze the whole night. I had to put my head under the covers because my nose was so cold. I didn't not want to get out of bed the next day because I knew I had to trek up the steep stairs to the bathroom. Food was pretty good. It was a egg casserole with two biscuits. We got out of there by 10:00 the next day. Save your money $175 plus tax. Not worth it!!!!!

• Stayed: March 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 14, 2009

I reserved a room at Angel's Nest for a romantic weekend getaway. The room was indeed beautiful, clean, and well-appointed. However, the jacuzzi tub worked for only two minutes before it blew a fuse and all the power went out in my room. So after that we were afraid to use it again. Breakfast was supposed to arrive around 8am, it didn't come until close to 10 and it was cold. The lady who brought our tray made sure to tell us to be out of there ASAP because someone else was waiting for the room (checkout time is supposed to be noon?) I found that to be extremely rude and unprofessional.

• Stayed: February 2006, traveled as a couple