“Great overnight stay!”

Ranked #3 of 3 Weatherford B&B and Inns
Sour Lake, Texas
“Great overnight stay!”
Reviewed July 17, 2013

We spent a lovely evening of our spring break here. Beautiful old home not far from downtown Weatherford. Comfortable bed, great view. Fabulous breakfast served in our room at the time we selected. Lovely table settings in the room. Highly recommend.

Room Tip: We were upstairs in a quiet corner. Great views.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple

Solo
Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
Midland, Texas
Reviewed May 2, 2013

My husband and I stayed at Angel's Nest for our anniversary. It was clean and very lovely, but we were disappointed that there was not more information available about the history of the house. We stayed in room 2 which is right off the dining room, and unfortunately, a party of 12 was being served breakfast at 7:30 on Saturday morning. The staff arrived at 6 to prepare and we heard each and every step. 114 year old wood floors are not quiet and neither is a party of 12. Needless to say, we rose earlier than we planned. The hot water heater to our room was apparently turned off, so we did not have hot water Friday night or Saturday morning until we complained, but it was quickly fixed. Also, our room smelled of cigarettes. We found out why Saturday afternoon while we were on our private patio - a staff member was chain-smoking while taking all of the clean sheets off the line. The fresh, clean sheets were soaking in cigarette smoke. Gross. Overall, it was fun to see such an old, pretty house, but next time we'll find other accommodations.

Room Tip: Not all rooms have showers, and one apparently only has a tub that takes an hour to fill. Make sure...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Melissa A
Grapevine, Texas
Reviewed April 17, 2013

First of all, I wish there was an option to choose 4.8 or so as a rating. "5" for me is reserved only for the ultimate, perfect place, but this is very close!

My wife and I were very pleased with the choice of this wonderful, large historical home in Weatherford. There are a number of different room choices, and we were quite pleased with our quite unique Suite 10. It is a suite in the round corner "turret" of the home.

The bedroom is rather small, so don't bring a large amount of luggage. But the wonderful, plush king bed is placed in the round part of the room, with large windows surrounding it, providing a tremendous view of the historic courthouse and downtown square. There is also a new HD flat screen TV mounted above the windows.

In addition, the property is on the highest point in town, so this room also provides a panoramic view of the beautiful countryside around Weatherford. Off of the bedroom is a small, but absolutely relaxing balcony that really is surprisingly private. The balcony was that "added bonus" that adds "points" to your experience. (The outdoor sofa sags a bit, but it is not a deal killer.)

Finally, the piece de resistance is the largest, tile-surrounded jacuzzi tub I have ever seen...BUT you need to know two things. It is in the bathroom up a staircase, and there is no shower.

However, if stairs are not a major problem, it is well worth it! There is a TV with cable and a DVD deck...and windows with blinds around the room...great view, wonderfully relaxing.

Add to all this an absolutely wonderful breakfast brought to your room--we had the fresh fruit-topped puffy pancakes...wow! This place is a definite "go back"! It is close to the DFW area, and well-worth the drive.

Room Tip: See notes about Rm 10 above. If you don't want to do the stairs there are several great choices...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Weatherford, TX
Reviewed April 11, 2013

You'll find ambiance and privacy at the lovely Angel's Nest. Well appointed bedrooms feature fireplaces, jacuzis or hot tubs and a tasty breakfast served in your room. Just perfect for a romantic getaway! Serena G.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank ingridr360
Reviewed April 9, 2013

My husband & I enjoyed our stay! Everything was perfect! Room 3 is definitely Serenity! Will be returning!! The staff was very polite and extremely helpful! Breakfast was amazing!! Thanks again Angeles Nest!!

• Stayed April 2013
Dallas,Texas
Reviewed February 4, 2013

My husband and I were celebrating our anniversary and wanted to stay in a B&B not too far from home but still felt as though we got away. We were looking for quiet historical place that had a romantic feel and plenty of time for us to be alone. We have a little one and as you all know when they are little, time for romance and fun as a couple can be limited. So for me having zero issues at check in or departure and the time in between was critical for our anniversary to be perfect and I was not disappointed as our anniversary was heavenly.

BOOKING:

Let me first start by saying AFTER I booked my anniversary night with Angels-Nest I read Trip Advisor and began to feel uncomfortable. Then I received my contract and I thought you know I think I am going to ask about the terms and see if a few more details of our booking could be added. Especially because yes you are charged the full amount of your stay prior to the check in date and yes, there are no refunds, and this is different than most bed and breakfasts. I responded to the email in which I received the booking confirmation (contract) for the date of our stay and I asked many questions and to my delight I received a response within 24 hours and was provided a very detailed explanation of why she conducted her bookings the way she did and it made perfect sense for the long term sustainability of this incredible place that you will truly miss if you never stay here. With regard to no refund, Should you have to cancel for any reason you do have one year in which to rebook your stay and I find that fair. She added more detailed information that helped ease my mind tremendously and I truly looked forward. Could not have been more graceful in her responses I might add and I enjoyed our communication. ADDITIONALLY, and this was exceptional service I might add, I requested a 12:00 check out instead of 11:00 and when I received the final booking confirmation to my delight she gave us until 3:00 at no additional charge. I wish we could have stayed that long BELIEVE me!!!

Exactly why this location has ANY poor reviews is simply beyond me. I do wish people could take a step back and really think about what is submitted here and be honest and fair.

ARRIVAL & ROOM:

We arrived at 4:00 on a Thursday and were greeted by Ms. Stephanie. She could not have made our arrival more easy, comfortable and fun. It was as though she had known us forever and was merely greeting friends who had come by for a visit. She gave us a short history of the home and showed us pictures in the hallway of the original homeowners and walked from room to room downstairs pointing out the beautiful antiques and getting to know us a little better. It was very nice. After our chat, she gave us our breakfast menu options in which you select your breakfast and state the time you would like to receive breakfast. My husband signed a few things, told us how to enter the home using the 4 digit code (which is the last 4 digits of the phone number you provide) and she showed us to our room.

Our room, room #2, was already nice a cozy warm with all of the lights turned on, including the flat screen television (which was on silent). Ms. Stephanie noted a unique piece of furniture in the room and showed us the cabinet that to our surprise held a full size bed, Trust me on this you would never guess in a million years this held a bed. The armoire had 2 robes for us to use and the bathroom had the original tub we think which was freestanding on what I would call pedestals rather than claw feet. My husband works with high end plumbing and hardware, including restoration of historic homes, so he was in heaven. The television in the bathroom is a bit large but we didn’t care. She then showed us to our private patio, which yes did have a door to the kitchen and I when I asked about the peep hole, which I read about here on Trip Advisor, she laughed as she had never noticed it before. She made it very clear that when this room was occupied the door from the kitchen was never to be opened period. When looking at the windows on the patio that I assume were part of the kitchen to it was very clear that there was absolute and clear efforts to insure guests in Room 2 had absolute privacy. Candles and matches to light the candles were very obvious to see and there for guests to use. The television on the patio was huge and the wicker lounge for two was perfect for relaxing in before dipping into the perfect hot tub. When I booked the room I was asked if I wanted them to wait until we arrived to fill the hot tub or fill before arrival. We opted for it to be filled prior to our arrival and it was perfectly warm and very clean. After showing us the features of Room 2, I asked if we could see the other rooms in the home as we were the ONLY GUESTS THAT NIGHT and to my delight she was happy to accommodate this request. Each room is unique and special and I enjoyed the tour very much. Following the tour Ms. Stephanie showed us where she would be staying for the night should we need anything and said her goodnight and we were left to enjoy the public rooms of the home and the privacy of our room. THE BED I MUST SAY WAS SO COMFORTABLE…..BEYOND COMFORTABLE, PERFECT. The Fireplace was incredibly romantic and lit the room so nice. Absolutely gorgeous.

BREAKFAST:

I had read on a review within Trip Advisor that you could hear dishes clanging around in the kitchen during breakfast preparation if you stayed in Room 2 (there is a locked door from Room 2 that I assume went to the kitchen) and we never heard a sound. In fact I wondered if our breakfast would be on time because we did not hear anything. AT EXACTLY our requested time there was two knocks on our door and by the time we answered it Ms. Stephanie had disappeared. She was quick to exit but the tray presentation was gorgeous and one could see the effort that was placed into tray presentation. My husband and I each selected a different meal option and were extremely satisfied to the taste of each dish. The portions were generous and delicious. We ate way too much but were happy to jump back into the perfect bed for a quick morning nap before we had to get ready to depart.

DEPARTURE:

At noon we were ready to leave and Ms. Stephanie asked about our stay, did we enjoy and if there was anything she could have done to have our stay better. Are you kidding me? I am not sure how anyone could improve perfect.

CLOSING:

What I was looking for in having a perfect anniversary I found in the Angels Nest Bed and Breakfast. I can’t wait to return and have already dropped a hint to my husband that I’d love to stay there again for my birthday which thankfully is in March. This lovely B&B is rich in history, provided excellence in service and is a perfect get-a-way for romance. I highly recommend.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
San Antonio, Texas
Reviewed June 10, 2012

After doing a walk-through with the staff we really liked the property and decided to book three of their ten rooms for the week of our wedding. What a great decision that was.

The owner mailed us contracts within a few days of our visit so we could review all of the details we had discussed. After a few minor corrections, she re-sent the contracts and we filled them out and paid for the stay in full. There was no haggling and no fuss...the owner was more than willing to work with us and accommodate all of our requests.

We arrived a little earlier than expected on our check-in day and were greeted by Samantha. Sam was very eager to help and took great care of us. As a matter of fact, for the entire week it seemed like she magically appeared any time we had a question. She was at the heart of our great trip because she took such great care of us. Samantha also hit a grand-slam with the breakfasts she provided us. The menu wasn't very expansive, but it didn't need to be. The food was wonderful and they get a handful of gold-stars for presentation, freshness, and quantity.

Candace and Ludwig were great hosts as well. There wasn't one question about the house, the local weather, or anything else that they couldn't provide a great answer to. They were very friendly and professional, but also personal enough to make us feel like we were welcomed old friends. I don't know who taught Candace how to deal with customers, but that lesson was learned well and we always felt like we were important to her.

The accommodations were more than we could have ever dreamed. This was the most cozy and home-like place I've ever had the pleasure of visiting. All three rooms exceeded our expectations in all regards. Of course some people may like the technology and state-of-the-art equipment available in big chain hotels, and that is their right. It wasn't cold and impersonal like a hotel, and it wasn't technology on demand like a modern airport or coffee shop. This just wasn't the place for that though. This is a classic bed-and-breakfast in every sense of the term. We wanted a personal touch and classic beauty of a house that was over one-hundred years old. So I think we were smart enough to research our choice and that's why we are so pleased with the result. Anything was possible as long as we asked and showed a little respect and courtesy to the owner and her staff.

I've read a few negative reviews here and I think other guests either went to a different location or were in a strange parallel universe. If they truly wanted the experience of a great bed and breakfast then they should have been completely satisfied. I know we were, and we will be returning as often as we can. The Angel's Nest completed our wedding plans in style and we certainly recommend them to everyone.

Room Tip: We LOVED room 2 and it was the perfect choice for our first night as a married couple. Room 10 has...
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Weatherford
Best Western Plus Cutting Horse Inn & Suites
#4 of 8 in Mineral Wells
Weatherford Inn and Suites
Weatherford Inn and Suites
#12 of 17 in Weatherford

Been to Angel's Nest and Breakfast? Share your experiences!