“Fine Dining Prices with Mediocre Food.”
Review of Copper creek - CLOSED

Copper creek
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed March 11, 2013 via mobile

We always try any new restaurant that comes to our town at least once. In this case we will not go back so it wil only be once. We were cheerfully greeted when we entered and told we could most certainly sit up at the bar and dine so we sat up at the bar which was very nice and comfortable. They even had hooks underneath for ladies to hang their purses but that was where the ambiance ended. We ordered specialty drinks off the drink menu and they were very pricey and not consistant from drink to drink. The food was not good and one appetizer was inedible. My husband ordered a bowl of soup and he received a cup so instead of taking the cup away to bring him a bowl, they brought him a second cup so he had 2 side by side cups of soup in our limited bar area space. Awkward and weird! Our bartender/waitress had a kind of entitled air about her and was not familiar with the entrees or desserts that were on the menu. Our bill at the end of the meal was very high for the quality of the food and type of service we received. They are aiming for fine dining status and missing the mark.

Reviewed February 20, 2013

We've had a few friends move "to the country" over the last few years so 8 of us met at Copper Creek to enjoy a good meal and friends! ALL of our sides were cold. The risotto was CHEWY (undercooked). To me, risotto is "CHEF 101" - to serve this undercooked tells me not to go back. Two of us got the pan seared flounder and it was an extremely small portion, over cooked, and dry. The steaks were incredibly fatty. Even the lobster was disappointing.

Our waiter was great. Very attentive and enthusiastic, but even he couldn't overcome the shortfalls of the kitchen.

Reviewed February 16, 2013 via mobile

This new restaurant has a few kinks to work out, although there are some great things about it! The atmosphere is very inviting and the staff is very professional. Although some if the food could be prepared more freshly.

The wine selections and the glasses are very well presented at a reasonable price. The menu items are well thought out and perfect for Weatherford. Although some of them are made too far in advance and are not fresh.

Hopefully this restaurant will tweak its presentation and food prep!!! It is wonderful to have an option like this in the Westoplex!!!

1  Thank aledo99
Reviewed January 23, 2013

A very nice ambience, waiter was extremely nice, but the steak tasted like salt!! I got the small rib eye and it was almost inedible because of the extreme salty taste. The rest of the meal (potatoe, green beans) was OK, but nothing spectacular. My daughter also got a steak and complained later that it was also very salty. A friend with us got the chicken cordon blue and was not impressed, but did not complain of saltiness. I associate excessive salt with cheaper cuts and fast food. Trust me, they did not charge me for a 'cheaper cut!'. Will not be visiting there again!

Reviewed January 11, 2013

Living in Weatherford I enjoy helping out local business by treating my family of 5 to them. Copper creek is gorgeous and feels very home-like. The servers seem ill equipped and lack character. We were in the restaurant with one other diner group and expected our food to come out quick. It did not. My husband and I had to repeat almost every order we placed as though the waitress wasn't paying attention. It feels very ghost like. Our bill was over 100 dollars and 130 with the tip. This restaurant is way overpriced and it will be sad when they close their doors.