“Wonderful dinner ambiance, food and service”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Fire Oak Grill

Fire Oak Grill
Ranked #7 of 141 Restaurants in Weatherford
Cuisines: American
Good for: Romantic, Large groups, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Drinks, Full Bar, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Michigan
“Wonderful dinner ambiance, food and service”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 18, 2012

We had dinner reservations for 7 pm on a Friday night. We were cheerfully greeted and promptly seated. The atmosphere is casual upscale. The menu is creative and we started with the bruchetta of the day. Crispy and delicious. We also ordered a House salad with pecans, cranberries and balsamic and the spinach salad. Great choices and flavorful. Everyone selected different entrees. Scallops, shrimp and grits was perfect and the Trout was prepared with care. As far as the "texan cuisine", we ordered an espresso beef tenderloin which was excellently prepared. The Beeman Ranch Ribeye with garlic whipped potatoes was also very good but too large (oh my who complains about the size of the steak?) and not as tender as I would have expected. It did have very good flavor. By the time dessert was offered we had no room, but did order a creme brule. Creamy and delicious. I highly recommend this restaurant and if I am ever back in Weatherford, I will enjoy another meal.

• Visited September 2012
1 Thank rosiebag

Weatherford, Texas, United States
“Excellent Dining Experience”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 22, 2012

Great place for that special meal. Their food is unique and their service is excellent. They also have an "event hall" if you need a place for a reception or party. Check out their drink selections. They have some great specialty drinks.

Visited April 2012
1 Thank Bill D
Victoria, Texas
“Simply Wonderful”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 28, 2012 via mobile

Having read the reviews, I was ready to take on the Fire Oak Grill! We showed on a Saturday night at 6:30 for 6 without reservations and were seated immediately. The staff were wonderful all around. The portion sizes were ample. However, it was the taste and the unique combinations of what would be deemed normal fare that sold me! Dr Pepper glaze was good, the bacon wrapped tenderloin yummy, and the grilled squash delish! The tenderloin taco appetizer was very good and the lamb t-bone, wow! But my favorite fare were the pablano grits. The salmon and pasta was a bit over salted and had overwhemingly too much oregano but the red meats were amazingly cooked to perfection. We were all too full to have dessert so maybe next time. The martinis were better than can be found at a martini bar in Dallas and the wine list, extensive. A moscato ran us $10 a glass for a very small amount (dessert glass). Total cost for our family of 4 (the other 2 paid for their own), was $190 including tip and this includes one meal being a kids grilled cheese sandwich. Most other diners were relatively casual but there were some 'stuffy' older diners who didn't seem to like children or people having a nice time. Overall, maybe a place for a romantic evening but not really kid friendly or family friendly (the wait staff were very friendly to my children) unless you don't care what stuffed crabs think. This is a place I will recommend to my closest friends and family. A treasured find.

1 Thank Nikki W
Weatherford, Texas
“Good Food”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 22, 2012

Excellent food and nice location . I hope to go again soon.

1 Thank john_barnes5779
Corinth, Texas
“Best food ever!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 30, 2012

I was so impressed with my entire experience at Fire Oak Grill! Our service was top notch. The atmosphere was comfortable and inviting. The owners visited all of the tables during our time there. The staff seemed very knowledgeable about the wines they served. The food was beyond excellent. Weatherford is not that far from the Metroplex and this restaurant is well worth the drive!

• Visited April 2012