Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Weatherford
Ranked #7 of 17 Hotels in Weatherford
Reviewed June 4, 2013

We were in town for a wedding. A number of other family members also stayed at this hotel. Great location close to lots of dining and shopping. The breakfast was wonderful and included biscuits/gravy, eggs, bacon/sausage, pancakes, fruit, cereals. Room was large and clean, included fridge and microwave. Snacks available in the lobby. You will be making a good choice to stay here!

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family

Reviewed June 2, 2013

My bad review started with the fact that I was greeted by a nice young lady who, through no fault of her own, knew nothing about what she was supposed to do with me. This was her first day there, which I understand BUT the girl there to "train" her had only been with the company for 1 week. There was a gentleman delivering a new air conditioner, neither of them knew where to send him or what to do about the delivery. So while the "experienced" one called her supervisor to ask what she was supposed to do, the "brand new" one continued to apologize to me for not knowing what to do. Onward from there and finally getting my keys and pointed in the right direction to the elevator we arrived in our room. It was a suite with 2 bedrooms. In the room that my friend chose, she's older and I usually let her decide, the air conditioner worked, okay, but in what was to be my room, nothing. To make a long story short, I'm hot natured and she is cold natured, so after trying to figure out how to make "mine" work we switched rooms and I went down to address the situation with the girls, again neither of them knew what to do, so I just accepted the bedroom switch. Then when I arrived back upstairs, my friend was having difficulty working any of the 3 TVs that were in the rooms. I was finally able to get one to work but really just gave up on telling anyone about the problem.
Next morning we went down for breakfast, looking forward to the great cinnamon rolls that we have come to expect at HIE. However they had left the top cover off the rolls and they were dry with no taste left to them. I mentioned to the person on duty that if they left the cover on them as all the other HIE, where we have stayed do, that they would stay fresher and delicious as they are when they are first taken from the oven. His response was, "the OWNER makes us remove the cover so customers won't have trouble getting them onto their plates.
My point, to all of this is, I certainly hope that IHG has not gone the way of the Best Western hotel chain where they are owned by individuals setting their own standards instead of following the guidelines that have helped them reach such dependable high standards.
I was in Customer Service with a large national company for several years, and it is highly unusual to leave two untrained employees in charge of a counter. There is no complaint against the girls, but the OWNER should be reprimanded if not let go, if you can do that to an owner.
From now on we will think more than twice before we stay at a HIE again. We did stay at a Staybridge, in Tyler, TX because the res was made before this fiasco happened, and that worked out well. However our opinion about the IHG chain has certainly taken a hit.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with friends
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Weatherford, responded to this reviewResponded June 17, 2013

Dear tigilau,

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback on your stay. It is unfortunate the room conditions, and interactions with the staff were less than expected preventing you from fully enjoying your time at the hotel. We are confident the necessary adjustments will be made, in order to achieve complete guest satisfaction.

Ben J
Case Manager
IHGCare

Reviewed May 29, 2013 via mobile

The room was nice and clean, except we had to change rooms because ours would not get hot water for some reason. But once we switched, everything was fine. The man at the front desk was very polite that night. But the woman at the front desk in the morning were fairly rude. Didn't seem to care much about the customer. But the breakfast was very nice and good coffee too.

• Stayed: May 2013
Reviewed May 1, 2013

Holiday Inn Express usually means a better property. This one had good A/C and a more than adequate breakfast buffet in the lobby complete with modern art on the wall that reminded me of Sir Samuel's Restaurant on deck 3 of the Queen Mary 2 from which we'd just disembarked only days before coming here on the way back to Tucson last August. But I don't like staying on the second floor with a dog and a cat. It was extremely inconvenient to check in and even worse to check out in the pouring rain the next morning. The motel should be more considerate of guests with big dogs. They need to be on the ground floor next to a door. Another guest even laughed at our Lab scurrying along the second-floor hallway. The dog practically ran into him!

Room Tip: Stay on the ground floor with a dog or don't stay at all.
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Weatherford, responded to this reviewResponded May 16, 2013

Dear LCargillTucson,

Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review about your stay with us. Our goal is to ensure that all our clients leave satisfied and we try our best to fulfill all our guest requests. I apologize for the shortfalls during your recent stay with us. We constantly strive to provide an environment of comfort and value to our guests, therefore, we are sincerely concerned when we fall short of your expectations. I have taken note of your valuable comments and will use these to monitor and improve the quality of services we offer to our guests.

Again, thank you for staying with us and taking the time to give feedback.

Krysllin G.
Case Manager
IHGCare

Reviewed May 1, 2013

This place is fantastic! I am here my husband & 2 boys. After a grueling dramatic day yesterday, we arrived here late last night. We have traveled all over the world & I have to say I was surprised when I walked into our room. European elegance and modern whimsy... My children were exhausted, we slept great on fresh, fluffy beds. When we woke up, we started the day with a swim in the wonderful indoor pool. Happy kids. Whoops we missed the free breakfast, but as I poured myself a cup of coffee a sweet lady asked if we could take cinnamon rolls & bananas to go! I have never written a review, but this place really saved us when were having a terrible time. Thankful!

• Stayed: April 2013
Reviewed March 14, 2013

Stopped for the night when passing thru Weatherford, was pleasently surprised. Very nice property, modern and clean. Staff was very helpful with directions etc. The room was clean and comfortable. Had a nice hot breakfast before we left. Overall a pleasant stay.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Lynn T
Reviewed November 17, 2012

This hotel is somewhat new and it is nice. the only problem I had was the price. I should have looked around for a lower rate hotel. I felt that $112.00 a night was a little high for a room in this hotel. Half of the rooms back up to Interstate 20 and the noise could bother some people.

Room Tip: Get a room on the side away from the highway.
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business