“Best choice for our family visits to the area”

Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Weatherford
Ranked #6 of 17 Hotels in Weatherford
Reviewed February 20, 2012

My family loves this hotel! We stay in one of their two-bedroom suites - the second bedroom is huge, and it has plenty of room for the kids to sleep in whatever arrangement suits them best. My kids always burst through the sliding doors at the entrance, hoping that the cookies are ready and waiting; they usually are!

The breakfast is nothing special, but my kids like it. We have stayed here every couple of months to visit family, and we will continue to do so.

Reviewed February 3, 2012

I recently stayed 3 nights at this hotel. Every night when we came back to the hotel, there was freshed baked chocolate chip cookies. All the staff was over the top friendly and accomodating. Breakfast was amazing every morning. It is a great location to get just about any where you want to go. However, the most amazing thing was after I got home and realized I left a pair of boots in my room....I called a week later and they still had them. They are shipping them out on Monday....This sold me...I will definately stay there again.

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed December 24, 2011

My family recently stayed here while we were visiting relatives in the area. First, every single hotel staff member we encountered were more then just curteous, but friendly and polite too. We had to make some last minute changes to our reservation and the hotel was very willing to accomodate those changes. We were also ahead of schedule and arrived early. They were able to get us into our room early too. I loved the breakfast area. Many newer build hotels are quite modernized and I feel like I am sleeping in a museum. This hotel is very cozy and warm. The fireplace and oversized couch was truely comfortable. We were staying around the holidays and they had a huge Christmas tree all lit up. I loved all those little touches. The rooms were very comfortable and extremely clean! I was very impressed by the cleanliness of the hotel. The best part of our stay was the indoor pool. Traveling in December with 2 small children can present challenges when you have lag time and not many toys to entertain. But, the indoor pool was a huge hit with my boys and we finally had to drag them out of the pool! I highly recommend this hotel and we will be staying there next time we are in town!

Reviewed December 22, 2011

I had several family members recently stay at this particular location when they were in town for the holidays. The construction that was previously bad in the area has been completed and the hotel is now very easy to get in and out of, and in the best possible location in regards to Weatherford's food and service accessibility. The staff was very courteous in dealing with any special needs or questions my family had, and all of the rooms I visited were clean clean clean! It's nice to finely have a quality establishment in Weatherford that I can comfortably recommend to visiting family and friends without worry.

Reviewed December 19, 2011

As mentioned in the review title, there were 5 of us, and not all places can accomodate all of us in one room. But no problems here. We were able to stay in a room with 2 beds and a pull out couch bed.

First the room, the beds were comfortable, the room was very clean and actually very new looking. I did not look to see when the hotel was built, but it appears to be relatively new. There was a microwave and frig in the room, we didn't use them, but I looked at them and they were clean. We did not use the internet, but they have it, so I can not speak to how that worked. The TV worked fine.

The hotel itself is not a large one, 3 floors, and if I just had to find something to complain about, the parking lot is rather small as well, we ended up having to park around the back of the hotel. But that's really nitpicking, as there were available spots in the back, so its not like we were fighting for a spot.

I did not use the fitness room, but looked in and there appeared to be 3 machines visible from the door, a treadmill, eliptical machine and stationary bike. I saw the pool we also did not use, small but indoor, and so still in use.

The business 'center' was a couple of computers up to the left just inside the hotel across from the front desk. The center looked clean, new machines and all that, however I do prefer business centers to be in a separate room in case you are having to enter sensitive account information to check on something.

We did eat the hot breakfast. I had biscuit with gravy, the sausage filled kind, that I love, and an omelet, and ham. The family also ate cinamon rolls, toast, cereal, and we had juice and milk. All the food tasted good. My boys like waffles, which we did not see, but that may something they offer on another day or not, either way we left full.

About the breakfast area, nice and neat, however most of the seating was at a single high sitting table with bar stools that seated about 14. Other than that there are just 2 or 3 other tables, which we did obtain one. Just an observation, not a complaint, although I imagine most familiies don't necessary want to eat breakfast at a table with people they don't know.

We didn't have time to explore much of the surrounding area, because we were just passing through, but the area around is nice, with lots of stores that my wife noticed like JC Penney, Kohls, we did stop for ice cream at Chick-fil-a and there were others I cannot recall. A nice area we both commented. Yes, there is road construction on the interstate, but we had no issues.

Staff was friendly at check-in, did not require staff for anything during stay.

On the Kid's Activity rating, I'm not sure what they meant, it has a pool, so I put average. It's not a knock or anything on the hotel.

If we find ourselves in the area again, we would definitely stay here.

Reviewed October 29, 2011

I used my points to stay here with my family while we were moving. Overall it's a pretty hotel. Modern amenities and such.
The beds aren't too comfortable but what hotel bed is? The rooms are nice but could be a little bigger when you have your family with you.
Breakfast is okay. For $107/night you'd think they'd have a better selection.
My biggest gripe is that for a new hotel they allow smoking. We continued smelling it even though our floor was supposed to be nonsmoking. I complained but the owners are not from this country and seem to not care as long as they're renting rooms.

• Stayed: October 2011
PremP, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Weatherford, responded to this reviewResponded October 31, 2011

Dear OU4EVR,

Thank you for your recent stay and review. It is due to travelers such as yourself that we are able to expose and solve any outstanding issues in our hotels and deliver a superior guest experience everyday.

Unfortunately, it looks as though we were not fully up to the task in delivering the value behind your experience. I sincerely apologize.

To address a specific concern, although we do maintain a small group of smoking rooms - these were made with consideration to our longstanding guests whom have stayed with us for 5+ years and wished to stay at our new hotel as well, we have taken many deliberate steps to ensure they do not interfere or inconvenience our primary guests such as triple sealing all doors and door frames and also providing for different venting systems in the rooms. This was done to provide for a safe and smoke-free atmosphere for all of our guests. When we do find a hint of discomfort in the hallways or elsewhere, we take action immediately to make sure our guests feel at their absolute best while staying at the hotel.

I, again, want to apologize and emphasize our absolute goal of ensuring only the best, most productive and relaxing experience for our guests everyday. That is the goal our staff aligns to and trains towards. A great deal of the premium you pay when staying at our hotels feeds directly into this rigorous training program and also the paying of staff above market. We strive to grow the best service teams in any industry and deliver the resulting experiences to our guests in a manner that impresses.

Thanks again for taking the time to voice your opinions.

We hope to see you soon -> Happy Travels!

Best,
Prem Panchal

Please contact me if you would like to continue our conversation at the number or email below, Thanks!:

Holiday Inn Express & Suites
Weatherford, Texas

(817) 341-6299 office
(817) 341-6298 fax

gm@premhospitality.com

Reviewed October 3, 2011

We stayed at this hotel for 5 days and really it set the standard for our trip. We would stay here again. Actually after staying here we were all disappointed with the other hotels we stayed at on this trip.

The staff was super helpful in helping us choose a room and with giving directions. The staff was all very friendly and inviting to talk to. Everyone seemed to like their job.

We stayed in the family suite, which is HUGE. Seriously, this was bigger than my 1st apartment. Walking in, it's like a large hotel room with a table and convertible sofa and TV/dresser. This leads into a slightly divided bedroom with a king size bed and another tv/dresser (kind of odd if you want to watch both these TVs at the same time). There is a large bathroom that connects to the 'master' bedroom with another king size bed and tv. The room also has a small sink, microwave, and moderate sized 'dorm' fridge.

They had free wi-fi but at times the connection wasn't that consistent or great. Free (and plentiful) parking. Free breakfast. They did have an exercise room and indoor pool but we didn't use those.

Our room was a handicapped accessible room. Overall this was fine but it was a little difficult at shower time because there is no edge at the bottom of the shower. My children kind of had trouble keeping the water in the shower and I think we gave the bathroom a good rinsing down near the toilet. (if you have young children make sure you request not to have the handicap room on the first floor b/c there is no bathtub). The removable and adjustable height shower head was nice.

Breakfast was good. The woman who works the breakfast area was super nice and friendly, especially to the children. They have a really cool automatic pancake maker (just push a button) that my children loved. The breakfast area was stocked well. My only complaint about the breakfast area is that there is only 1 table to seat a family. There is a very large long table with lots of high chairs (not good for young children) and then there are some chairs with very small talbles. Seating for more than a couple is difficult.

Location was good. The freeway is being worked on right now and we discovered that one exit past the one google maps says to take, drops you off right at the hotel. Leaving is tricky, unless you make a somewhat illegal left turn out of the side driveway (which we did every time). It's very close to the newer shopping - so lots of places to buy stuff and food.

Room Tip: if you have young children, make sure you don't get a handicap accessible room (no tub)