“Good Food, Slightly Slow”
Review of College Street Pub

College Street Pub
Ranked #2 of 123 Restaurants in Waxahachie
Cuisines: American, British, Pub
Good for: Romantic, Bar scene, Special occasions, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Lunch
Description: Here at the College Street Restaurant and Pub we strive to be an authentic taste of England with a little bit of a Texas flair. We are a family business with deep family roots in England which allows us to provide our customers with a true Pub-like experience and atmosphere. Our menu offers everything from English Fare to our own American Favorites. Don't forget that the College Street Pub is the only place to get "Waxahachie's Original French Burger" made fresh. In addition to our menu, our beer selections are also top notch. We have a full service bar which includes spirits, wines, bottled beer, and nine premium draught beers. What is a Pub without entertainment? We have live music from local artists and 3 flatscreen Tv's showing all of your favorite sports. Remember, the word "Pub" derives from "Public House", thats what we are and we invite you and your family to join us indoors or outside in our beautiful garden seating.
Reviewed October 31, 2012

My mom and I have been here twice. Both times it took a good while to receive our food. I understand the second time it was homecoming weekend and very busy, but we did just have one burger and fries that we were splitting! Friendly staff and owners.

Reviewed October 31, 2012

So glad we took the time to go to this great little pub & restaurant in historic Waxahachie. It has a relaxed, comfortable atmosphere and the food was delicious (especially the chocolate cake with ice-cream - yum!). Wayne is a superb, friendly host who made us feel so welcome. We loved our afternoon there.

Reviewed October 29, 2012 via mobile

This is a little pub in the heart of Waxahachie. I love the feel it has and the way is decorated. I went with my wife to have a beer one Friday night and really liked it. I saw that there are many locals that go there and are loyal customers. Service was always great and the atmosphere was even better. If you are looking for a nice place to go out with friends to have a chat and even a date. I highly recommend this place. The day I went it was late so the Kitchen was closed already but friends tell me that food is also great. I can only imagine how good it was as it is all very detailed.

Reviewed October 25, 2012

Such slow service, but at least we weren't in a hurry. Friendly staff, cute patio. An hour for a burger?

Reviewed September 27, 2012

This English style pub is is family owned and operated. The food is excellent, and the portions are generous. There is always a good selection of beers. The service is also excellent. They make us feel like family when we eat here, which is often. They have traditional English dishes and there are always daily specials. I really like their hamburger but there is so much more to the menu. There is a different soup everyday and a featured beer special as well. If you like to sit outside their back patio is the best in town. When I have clients come into town I always bring them here. We are locals and this is our favorite place. The conversation is always good at the bar. Oh yeah, and they also have wifi. If you are in town on the weekend they have a "dress your own" Bloody Mary bar late Saturday mornings that is fun. You have to check this place out.