“Basic accommodations - reasonable price”

Super 8 Waxahachie TX
Ranked #7 of 11 Hotels in Waxahachie
Cleveland, Ohio
“Basic accommodations - reasonable price”
Reviewed February 25, 2012

Basic two bed double room with clean bath and comfortable beds. Just spent one night but would have been happy staying longer. Free Wi-FI (with password protection) worked well and had no trouble connecting. Free continental breakfast was rather sparse, but for the price I had no complaints. Friendly staff made the short stay enjoyable. Location was perfect - right off the freeway.

Wish I had had time to drive around historic Waxahachie. I understand that the Victorian architecture is remarkable. Supposedly 20% of the historic homes in Texas are located right here in Waxahachie.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled with friends
super8wax, Owner at Super 8 Waxahachie TX, responded to this review, March 22, 2012
Hello TravelWriterDB!

Thank you for your comments regarding Waxahachie and our Super 8. I notice that you wish you had more time in our town to view the historic structures. Please come back and stay with us when you return to the area! Know that your comments are important to us and we are addressing them to make our hotel the best it can be!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
Crescent Head
Reviewed February 2, 2012

I am from Australia was travelling with my father and we stayed at the Super 8 Waxahachie back in February 2011. We had just arrived after a 20 hour flight and was greeted by one of Mr Lie's employee's who actually collected us from the airport at 5am.

We then stayed at the hotel for 5 days while getting my Father R.V. ready for our 5 week long road trip. I found the accommodation to be clean with all major facilities such as pay tv, air conditioning and a pool were all in place.

I found Mr Lie and his staff great friendly people who made your stay more and more home like eveyday. They went out of there way to help us, being dumb Aussie's we needed it with Mr Lie even talking us up to the shops one day.

In all I would reccommend this accommodation to anyone and give my overall experience here 10 out of 10.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank Jimmyjack2440
Hello Jimmyjack2440!

It was a pleasure having you here in Waxachie, TX. Your comments are appreciated as they help our online presence. We look forward to seeing you again when you come back.
Thank you!
Houston, Texas
Reviewed January 13, 2012

So, you expect with a $54 hotel room to sacrifice some things, like a comfortable mattress, the quality of the linens; that sort of thing. But as with other Super 8's I've stayed out, I was pleasantly surprised! Clean, a comfortable (!!) bed and nice towels. The staff was friendly and the location was ideal for why we were there. We even had a minifridge. Hubby's parents had a bit more trouble with the fridge in the handicap room, but staff offered to replace it (and handled their surliness admirably, haha).

I'd recommend!

Room Tip: It's probably a good idea to get a room on the side away from the highway.
  • Stayed January 2012, traveled with family
Hello dramady!

We appreciate your positive comments! Please come back and see us when you are in Waxahachie, TX. Our goal is to provide the best service possible to all of our guests. Your comments help our online presence!
Thank you!
DALLAS, TX
Reviewed August 26, 2011

The carpet in the room was musty and mildewed. Other than that the rooms were clean. However, we specifically picked a hotel with a swimming pool so we could go swimming and cool off after a hot day of hiking. After carrying down the baby and rafts, towels, etc.....we reached the pool. This "swimming pool" is the size of a hot tub and can barely fit 2 people. Also, it was not very clean and had green mold growing up the sides of the pool. What a disappointment.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
New Brunswick, New Jersey
Reviewed June 14, 2011

I had an interview in Dallas yesterday. After hunting around on tripadvisor, my wife and I picked this hotel, because of the reviews and the price. We paid around $50 with tax and everything...not bad. The hotel was nicer than I expected. It looked fairly new...everything was very well kept and clean. The room was bigger than expected! ...big full sized bathroom...a desk...a dining table...microwave...and a fridge!!! All for 50 bucks! There was a strange disturbance in the hall around 5AM or so. Someone was drunk and being loud in the hall. It was a big ordeal...and my wife and I were disturbed by the whole thing. However, the manager called the police and had her arrested. I'm not sure what was going on, but I felt like the manager handled the situation the best he could. I seriously doubt that kind of thing happens very often. The next day I went in to check out, and the desk clerk was having issues with the computer. She couldn't print me a receipt, so she took my email address. She said the manager would email me a receipt later, and he did. :) You can't beat that for $50!!!

• Stayed June 2011, traveled on business
USA
Reviewed May 25, 2011

Booked a room through the Wyndham website for this hotel for an overnight trip from AUS to DFW for a concert - wanted a place to sleep on the Austin side of the city to get an early start home the next morning.

The room was clean, the hotel was quiet, and the front desk staff were very friendly. There was a mini-fridge in my room. Free wi-fi is a very nice plus, and the online Internet rate through the Wyndham website was certainly the right price. There's easy access to I-35E North and South.

The decor is 25-30 year out of date (I don't believe anything has been changed since it was built - prepare for slick polyesther wild-print bedspreads!), but it's really your okay basic, stay the night property. Not the best mattress, but you're not paying for it either!

Room Tip: First floor, back side, away from traffic and pool
  • Stayed May 2011, traveled solo
2 Thank ARedLetterDay
Jacksonville, FL
Reviewed March 25, 2011

I thought the Super 8 was a great place to stay, especially for the value. I arrived late at night after a full day of traveling and was starving. There aren't any restaurants near the hotel,which I didn't know beforehand and you have to drive a couple of miles to find one as I was told by Peter who was working the desk that night. I was too tired to deal with it. However Peter was kind enough to allow me to heat up a donut and gave me an apple and a banana to hold me over till the next day. That simple kind gesture sure meant alot and it was very much appreciated. I ate every bite! So if you don't plan on going back out, make sure to grab something at an exit or 2 before this one. As for the hotel itself, I'm a female that stayed at this hotel by myself and I never felt unsafe. All the rooms are inside which also makes it feel more secure. The room was a nice king non smoking. Everything worked great and no complaints. If your expectations are that of a Hilton or Marriott, then stay there. This is a value hotel, slightly dated with basic amenitites. I didn't make the breakfast they offered so I can't comment on that. There is a soda and snack machine in the lobby. I stayed near DFW airport on my last night in Texas and looked for a Super 8, but didn't find one near there. I would definitely stay again and recommend anyone looking for a good value hotel to do the same.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled solo
super8wax, Manager at Super 8 Waxahachie TX, responded to this review, April 21, 2011
Thank you for staying with us. Your satisfaction is our goal. The management and staff of our Super 8 here in Waxachie, TX appreciate your kind words. We look forward to serving your lodging needs in the future!