“Great hotel!!”

Ranked #4 of 11 Hotels in Waxahachie
Pennsylvania
“Great hotel!!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 14, 2014

This is a wonderful property. We came for Scarborough Renaissance Festival and this hotel was the perfect location. It is walking distance to multiple restaurants, none of them fancy but good food is nearby. The hotel is clean, modern, and comfortable. Hot coffee is available in the lobby 24X7. The hot breakfast is fresh and plentiful complete with regular and cinnamon waffles that you can make yourself on the waffle irons. The staff couldn't be nicer.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with friends
2 Thank TortiCat

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (36)
Montana
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 2, 2014

I will admit I'm a bit of a hotel snob. However, I just wanted a place to stay overnight outside of the Dallas Metro area on our way to College Station (so we wouldn't have to deal with rush hour traffic in the a.m..). Comfort Suites got good reviews and had a great price, so I made reservations, figuring we'd only be here a few hours in case it didn't turn out well. My worries were quite unfounded. From the friendly and informative night clerk to the "to-go" breakfast that early risers can take with them in case departure is before the hot breakfast is served, the hotel exceeded expectations.

No, it's not as shiny as Courtyard or Residence Inn (my usual choices for road trips) but you're not paying Marriott prices, either. What it does, it does well and that's all I really cared about. The location is a little hard to access if you're coming from 35E, but other than that, it was a great stay for a great price.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
4 Thank travelD
Comfort-W, General Manager at Comfort Suites Waxahachie, responded to this review, April 7, 2014
Thank you so much for reviewing our property. We strive to provide outstanding and personalized customer service for our valued guests. We look forward to seeing you again.
Corydon, Indiana
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 23, 2014 via mobile

I traveled in a van full of 8 other people in my youth group all the way from Memphis, TN today and we have had reservations here for weeks. We are in the process of a mission trip traveling to Acuna, Mexico to build a house for a family in need through Casas Por Cristo. After traveling since 7 we arrived about 6:30 and checked in. We had four separate rooms reserved, 2 for girls and female adult leaders, and 2 for boys and male adult leaders. We trekked up to the 4th floor, and we found both girls rooms trashed, unmade beds, some leftover personal items, and dirty towels. The boys rooms had been cleaned. When we walked down to the front desk, they told us there were no other rooms, and no cleaning employees working right then. 20 minutes later, she told us there were 2 other rooms she "just found" and upon inspection of those, more dirty towels and a stale smell. I was really looking forward to this hotel after all the good reviews I have read, but I was very disappointed. Obviously this hotel needs to sort out some cleaning issues.

Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
2 Thank Brianna18027
I would just like to apologize for this inconvenience during your check in process. This is certainly not a common occurance here at our property. I can assure you that the appropriate staff have been dealt with do not foresee this being an issue in the future.
Columbus
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 17, 2014

We stayed here while driving from the Dallas area to Austin and were pleased with the experience. The hotel had a nice, new look inside and out. The room was clean and spacious. Breakfast was the usual fare for a Comfort Suites, and the breakfast/dining area was well-maintained and clean. The employee at the check-in desk when we arrived was not especially cordial, but all other employees with whom we dealt were pleasant. Last but not least, we found that the price we paid was a great deal.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
Thank you so much for your feedback, we appreciate and value your opinion and look forward to serving you on your next trip through Historic Waxahachie.
Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 24, 2014

I have stayed here more times than I can count. I have never once had a bad experience with staff members. The breakfast is always good, and if it's not, they will go out of their way to make it better for you. There is a staff member there that is so delightful, though I forget her name. The name on my receipt shows jfonse.

The kind of service, attentiveness, and quality you get from this hotel is by no means what is reflected in the price. This place is well worth the price you will pay, guaranteed.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
Comfort-W, General Manager at Comfort Suites Waxahachie, responded to this review, February 27, 2014
Thank you so much, and yes Jennifer is a wonderful asset to our team. We do hope that you will consider us again.
Austin, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 19, 2014

Driving down to Austin, TX from Lincoln, NE and decided to stop for the night on the long drive. We wanted to stay somewhere close to the interstate to hit the road again first thing in the morning (which the distance from I35 would be the only drawback.)

We stayed at 2 other hotels throughout our trip, but this one was our favorite - and the least expensive!

Clean room, good enough breakfast, friendly staff, bang for the buck. Will stay here again.

Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
Comfort-W, General Manager at Comfort Suites Waxahachie, responded to this review, February 21, 2014
It was our pleasure to have you with us along your journey to Austin. Thank you for taking time out to fill out a survey for us.
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 14, 2014

This entire week has forced me to hotels I normally don't stay in yet I continue to be pleased. Since the local Hampton Inn was sold out I decided to try the Comfort Suites. The woman who checked me in could not have been any nicer. Pleasantries abounded. She was apologetic because the room wasn't quite ready and quickly found me another one that was. I found the rooms spacious, clean and the bed was very comfortable providing a well needed night's sleep. There is a manager's reception every night that includes hot and cold snacks, free beer , wine or sodas. Breakfast in the morning is the usual hotel fare, nothing out of the ordinary but there was certainly plenty to go around. My pet peeve is well known - if you tell people you have a hot breakfast then make sure things are hot. Both mornings I overheard several people complaining about the "cold" eggs, etc. The second morning I looked and noticed that the sterno cans underneath were not even lit. Despite the breakfast issue, this hotel is well worth the stay. Rates are extremely reasonable and the staff couldn't be any nicer.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
My apologies for the cold eggs, we will certainly keep a closer eye on those sternos. Thank you so much for taking the time to give us your time in completing the survey.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Waxahachie
Hampton Inn & Suites Waxahachie
#1 of 2 in Red Oak
Texas Inn Motel
Texas Inn Motel
#7 of 11 in Waxahachie

Been to Comfort Suites Waxahachie? Share your experiences!