“One of the best for the price” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Comfort Suites Waxahachie

Comfort Suites Waxahachie
Ranked #4 of 11 Hotels in Waxahachie
Austin, Texas
“One of the best for the price”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 19, 2014

Driving down to Austin, TX from Lincoln, NE and decided to stop for the night on the long drive. We wanted to stay somewhere close to the interstate to hit the road again first thing in the morning (which the distance from I35 would be the only drawback.)

We stayed at 2 other hotels throughout our trip, but this one was our favorite - and the least expensive!

Clean room, good enough breakfast, friendly staff, bang for the buck. Will stay here again.

Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
Comfort-W, General Manager at Comfort Suites Waxahachie, responded to this review, February 21, 2014
It was our pleasure to have you with us along your journey to Austin. Thank you for taking time out to fill out a survey for us.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (36)
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 14, 2014

This entire week has forced me to hotels I normally don't stay in yet I continue to be pleased. Since the local Hampton Inn was sold out I decided to try the Comfort Suites. The woman who checked me in could not have been any nicer. Pleasantries abounded. She was apologetic because the room wasn't quite ready and quickly found me another one that was. I found the rooms spacious, clean and the bed was very comfortable providing a well needed night's sleep. There is a manager's reception every night that includes hot and cold snacks, free beer , wine or sodas. Breakfast in the morning is the usual hotel fare, nothing out of the ordinary but there was certainly plenty to go around. My pet peeve is well known - if you tell people you have a hot breakfast then make sure things are hot. Both mornings I overheard several people complaining about the "cold" eggs, etc. The second morning I looked and noticed that the sterno cans underneath were not even lit. Despite the breakfast issue, this hotel is well worth the stay. Rates are extremely reasonable and the staff couldn't be any nicer.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
My apologies for the cold eggs, we will certainly keep a closer eye on those sternos. Thank you so much for taking the time to give us your time in completing the survey.
Tyler, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 5, 2014

I have stayed in this hotel over 50 nights in a 6 month period. I have had one unpleasant experience in the entire time I have visited. One time when I was staying multiple nights, they had inadvertently checked me out, and re-rented my room to someone else. This was unfortunate because the new person didn’t even realize my belongings were in the room when he arrived. The problem was quickly corrected and the person moved from my room. I was credited a night’s stay for their mistake.

Outside of this one experience, I have nothing but rave reviews to give this hotel. The front desk staff is always pleasant and knows me by name. Just last night, after not having been there is a while, the GM of the hotel prepared and left a small hospitality basket of treats and water for me.

Over Christmas, I received a handwritten Christmas card from this hotel thanking me for my business over the past 6 months. This is true customer service. I travel for business, and I have not used the fitness area or pool area so I cannot comment on those. The breakfast is hot and fresh, and the self-serve waffle machine makes a great warm breakfast.

The area appears out of the way, however once you explore a little bit; you will find that it is quite accessible and convenient to many restaurants and shopping, many within walking distance if that is your preference.

The facility also offers warm fresh baked cookies and bottled water upon check-in. They also have a happy hour each week day from 5:00 to 7:00 to offer their guest beer, wine, and light snacks and the perfect opportunity to unwind after a hard day.

The rooms are always clean and well stocked. All of the room are large and feature a couch and nice comfortable beds.

Room Tip: On busy nights, rooms at end of halls are quiter, but I have not ever had a bad experience with room...
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Comfort-W, General Manager at Comfort Suites Waxahachie, responded to this review, February 12, 2014
Thank you so much for all of your kind words. You are such a delight to have with us on your business trips and we look forward to seeing you again.
Lubbock, Texas, United States
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 7, 2014

We stayed in this hotel for two nights. The Friday night clerk was extremely helpful and friendly. The access cards to our room would not work and it took about 15 minutes to get the issue straightened out. He blamed in on a new access system and finally had to let us in himself and do something to the card reader.

The rooms were clean and the beds were comfortable. The hot breakfast could use some work. The treadmill in the fitness center had a loose belt and was unusable; the equipment in the fitness center was cheap and not a brand that is for heavy use. Additionally, the fitness room did not appear as if had been cleaned in several weeks. It was dirty.

Finally, someone needs to rent a lift and do "high dusting" in the lobby. There is a balcony overlooking the lobby from the second floor and you can view years of dust build up along the ledges on the first floor. This really should be a priority for ownership; it reflects poorly on what is otherwise a clean hotel, minus the problem with the fitness facility.

The night clerk on Saturday was less-than-enthusiastic about being helpful. We simply tried to buy some water from the snack area in the hotel and she acted as if we had completely destroyed her evening.

I would recommend this hotel for a quick overnight stay or for a base of operations for a visit to the area.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Comfort-W, General Manager at Comfort Suites Waxahachie, responded to this review, January 9, 2014
Thank you so much for your generous feedback. We have had the treadmill fixed, so it is definitely getting its workout. Our apologies that you were not able to utilize it while you were here. We do have a team member to clean all of our common areas including the fitness center daily. I look forward to your return
San Antonio, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 2, 2014

This hotel is fantastic! It was very clean. The beds were so soft and comfortable while being supportive enough for my damaged back! Breakfast was so much better than other Choice Hotels we've stayed at. We were extremely satisfied!

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Our new "Truly Yours" bedding is absolutely phenomenal and is like sleeping on a cloud. So happy that you enjoyed your restful night. After all, it is "TRULY YOURS"
Charlotte, North Carolina
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 1, 2014

every hotel associated with cr england is infested with bed buds, mice and condemned living spaces. if the city found out the there sending people to live there they would closed down immediately. they have caution tape on most of the stair ways, the building is leaning, foundation crumbling and hotel rooms have

Room Tip: no good rooms, staff doesnt care and wont feed you anything
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Joshua H
Comfort-W, General Manager at Comfort Suites Waxahachie, responded to this review, January 2, 2014
We have not been affiliated with CR England since July of 2013. I can assure you that we do not have a Bed Bug issue.
McPherson
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 23, 2013

Shame on me for not knowing that this property doesn't have ESPN in this day and age. I know there is more to a hotel stay than tv but on a Monday night during football season ESPN helps. The price was very reasonable and the location is very good but this was my last stay at this property.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Comfort-W, General Manager at Comfort Suites Waxahachie, responded to this review, February 27, 2014
I am pleased to let you know that we now have ESPN. We have taken into account the # of people that rely on it, and have added it to our line up.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Waxahachie
Hampton Inn & Suites Waxahachie
#1 of 2 in Red Oak
Texas Inn Motel
Texas Inn Motel
#6 of 11 in Waxahachie

Been to Comfort Suites Waxahachie? Share your experiences!