“Barking Dogs”

Comfort Suites Waxahachie
Ranked #4 of 11 Hotels in Waxahachie
Reviewed June 20, 2013

I wasn't going to review, but they asked for my honest opinion. Room 412. The hotel smelled damp in the hallways, there were silverfish traps in my room (google this bug if you don't know what they are), I found a couple small ones in a towel that I left on the floor overnight. The paint on the ceiling was peeling, the floor tile in the bathroom was cracked and sharp edges stuck up to cut your feet on, and every "pet friendly" hotel I've ever stayed in has a little barking dog in the next room over. The hotel across the street was full, so this was my only choice- My employer was paying the bill so I stayed, but at $110 a night I'd have slept in my car that night before I opened my own wallet.

Room Tip: Ask if your room is next to dog owners before you commit, and check the room before you unload your...
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Gecus815
There are newer reviews for Comfort Suites Waxahachie

Reviewed June 17, 2013

When I booked the hotel I fully expected to leave after 1 night. How could a decent hotel be under $60.00 a night? Boy was I surprised! It was a beautiful clean comfortable hotel. Even better the staff was amazing! Very professional, very friendly. I had a dog with me - yes it is a pet friendly hotel - and he cried the first day we were there. The staff called me with concern for him not anger. They were so helpful and kind! Then I left something at the hotel and they searched until it was found and shipped it to me. I will always stay at this site when I am in the area. In fact, I have had diamond status for 8 years with Hilton and now the first place I look to book a hotel is at the Comfort Suites web site. Believe me, this hotel and their staff are stars in my opinion.

• Stayed: May 2013
1  Thank Elizabeth s
Comfort-W, Manager at Comfort Suites Waxahachie, responded to this reviewResponded June 18, 2013

Thank you so much for your kind words. Even our 4 legged guests are important to us. We take great pride in making sure every one is taken care of and happy the very best we can.

Reviewed May 30, 2013

The guy working the front desk clerk working the evening shift (4/12/13) after 6pm was an argumentative buffoon. We booked months in advance and requested an upper floor. He essentially took it upon himself to move us to a room across the lobby and directly across from the breakfast area. When we realized that we were not in a room on an upper floor I decided to ask him why. He became very defensive and claimed another person in our group requested a room near us and as such he had to move us to accommodate them. The logic behind this thinking still boggles my mind. Simply put I merely asked him why and he became extremely argumentative and defensive. You don't do that in the hotel industry and expect to continue to fill your property with guests. To make a long story short he told us there were no other rooms available. I told him I wanted to speak with the GM and suddenly he remembered a room on the upper floor. He did warn us that there were truckers on that floor. Not sure why as I found the floor to be extremely quiet. The only oddity I observed was the young man who was sitting on the floor at the end of the corridor. He was there all day long and I believe all night as well. I stay at hotels on an average of 150 nights per year and I don't know of any of them that would allow someone to sit in the corridor and play on his phone all day. You either go to your room or get out of the hotel. We typically stay at Westin and Marriott but in Waxahatchie your choices are entry level hotels. The property was clean but access was a bit odd. The other employees were quiet friendly but it was too little too late. Should I travel there again, I'll make the drive from Dallas and stay at a professionally run hotel.

Room Tip: Drive from Dallas.
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank G L
Reviewed May 29, 2013

I stayed a few nights with friends and it was really nice. Steven and Jennifer were excellent! The room had a relaxing smell and it was very clean. It was my first time staying at Comfort Suites, but I would stay again because of this one.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed May 21, 2013

My husband and I, and another couple spent 4 nights at Comfort Suites from May 16th-20th. We were there for the Scarborough Renaissance Festival. We traveled from Lexington Ky.
The front desk was always helpful...Props to Jamie! :) The rooms were very clean, beds were comfy. We always love the fridge and microwave in Comfort Suites.. Not much water pressure in the shower, but that's a very small complaint... We only ate the breakfast one morning, but it was tasty... Scrambled and boiled eggs... Bagles, toast, juices, coffee, cereals, milk... it was nice. The pool was on the small side, but seemed clean, and had a small hot tub also. I would surely recommend this Comfort Suites!

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed May 9, 2013

I stayed here on a business trip. After a 5 hour drive it was nice to have clean room to stay in. The bed was soft and a very nice rest. The staff were very nice and polite. It was a typical breakfest. I would stay there again.

Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed April 25, 2013

I have stayed in many Comfort Suites and this one was just as nice as any before. The rooms were spotless.... the linens were soft.... even the carpet was clean. Everything about the hotel was nice. The breakfast was OK..... there was a good selection for a free breakfast.

My only negative comment is that the day before I was to arrive I received a call saying that there was a "problem with my reservation." The girl explained that a group who stays with them often decided to stay an extra night therefore my room was given to one of them and the Comfort Suites has made a reservation for me in another hotel for the same price.
I explained to the girl that this was not going to be satisfactory becausse I made my reservation weeks in advance and was traveling with a group and we preferred to stay at the same hotel.
She "spoke with her manager" and decided that everything would remain the same and I would be allowed to keep my room at the Comfort Suites.
Now I have also traveled and changed my mind about my length of stay but the hotel informed me, as they should, that my current room was booked to another guest and I would have to change to a different room (going from a suite to a single) if I wanted to stay another day.
That's how this situation should be handled.
Other than that.... all was fine. It's not the easiest hotel to get to because of the location but it's the one you should pick in Waxahachie.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with friends
Also consider these accommodations in or near Waxahachie
Best Western Plus Waxahachie Inn & Suites
Hampton Inn & Suites Waxahachie
La Quinta Inn & Suites Waxahachie
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites
Fairfield Inn & Suites Dallas Waxahachie
Comfort Inn & Suites
Comfort Inn & Suites
#1 of 2 in Red Oak

Been to Comfort Suites Waxahachie? Share your experiences!