“comfort suites are the way to go!!”

Comfort Suites Waxahachie
Ranked #4 of 11 Hotels in Waxahachie
Fort Smith, Arkansas
“comfort suites are the way to go!!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 18, 2012

We have a stayed at a few comfort suites and this one was the nicest yet. We had a few bad hotel experiences in San Antonio with other chains of hotels, we are thinking of only staying in comfort suites from now on everyone we have stayed in has been nice with great service!! Clean rooms, comfy beds, roomy!!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank mnn123

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (36)
Sugar Land, Texas
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 22, 2012

We stayed one night in July 2012. We had a suite with two queens and a sofa. When the sofa bed is pulled out it was a little tight walking around it to get to the bathroom. The room was a good size. I thought it smelled a little funny, but my husband didn’t notice. The staff was extremely friendly. We enjoyed the complimentary breakfast with make-your-own waffles in the shape of Texas. Overall, a great room for the price; we would stay here again.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Megan D
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 22, 2012

I had to wait for someone to check in for 15 minutes. The elevator was uselessly slow Our bathroom door wouldn't close and there was no shower curtain in our room. The beds were comfortable, though.

• Stayed July 2012
2 Thank Stlouiemom
Minneapolis, Minnesota
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 10, 2012

This hotel is clean & staff is very friendly. Continental breakfast was decent alot to choose from. Room was spacious, had a few problems w/our mini fridge staying cold enough for the babies milk, no frezzer for the ice packs. Pool is nice nothing speical just a basic pool. Only complaint was that the walls were alittle thin, woke up to the people above us having sex for like 2hrs.

I would definitely recommend hotel!!! Alot of resturants & target/Walmart exc located reallly close by for your convience.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank k m
Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 22, 2012

I am a CR England student and have been here for a Month. All of the staff has made me feel at home here. I have had some minor problems with misunderstanding but was fixed in a timely and professional manor. I would say this is one of the friendly hotels I have stayed in. Waxahachie is a cute little town with great people and everything you could need is in walking distance. I hope to stay here again on my own dime! FYI Customer service goes both ways and if you cannot respect other than other will not respect you! I hope this is helpful. Thank you

Room Tip: I was moved two times in this hotel to consolidate student and all the rooms were great!
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
4 Thank john76jb
National Harbor, Maryland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 22, 2012

I have had nothing short of what felt to be room service at the comfort suites during my stay. The General Manager Charity along with her staff to include Debra; the CR England Student Relations Manager for the hotel have gone above and beyond to provide excellent customer service and friendliness.

As far as breakfast goes, no it is not in the contract for us students to be provided with the complimentary breakfast, but as another "guest" put it, CR England has thousands of students filtering in and out of this hotel on a weekly basis. It would be impossible for the hotel to tried to satisfy the breakfast demand of each and every student on a daily basis. Moreover the comfort provides breakfast beginning at 7 am, by that time we students are already loaded on the buses and situated at school.

Now let's talk about housekeeping, the beds are turned twice a week, where as trash is collected daily. Let's just say you come back from school and notice your trash is overflowing a simple phone call to the front desk solves that issue. On to the rooms, I belive the rooms are well maintained and are quite comfortable.

I'm sitting here reading some of these reviews and am finding it hard to believe that they are completely accurate as far as no house keeping, no clean towels, linen and when you requested them they had no response for you??? I've been here about 3 weeks now and have yet to have a problem they did not resolve. Now This A/C bologna!!!!! the lobby is cool, it's not going to be ice cold, it has to be set at a level that is comfortable for guests and employees, now you're room you can have it set to artic blast if your little heart desires.

Now I understand my stay does not reflect the experience of each and every guest, but I would have to say it would be a long shot to say that the staff does a complete 180 for each and every guest.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
4 Thank Richie G
Coppell, Texas
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 18, 2012

We stayed here for an overnight while attending a wedding in the area. The room was beautifully decorated, and it had a spacious layout. Plenty of room to store stuff. Neat little cabinet for the microwave and fridge, handy roll-out table underneath the flatscreen TV, and a very roomy bathroom. The hotel is near the highway, but it is extremely well-insulated, and we heard no highway noise. We also had no issues with overhearing guests in nearby rooms, which was nice.

The staff was helpful and friendly. The breakfast set-up was terrific, with the exception of what appeared to be some neatly folded, rectangular scrambled eggs or more likely, an egg product. They were stacked inside a steam tray and were neither warm nor tasty. I don't feel these "eggs" were necessary, because hard-boiled eggs were also available. Breads included biscuits & gravy; toast; bagels; danish and muffins. Also available were three types of cold cereals;make-your-own Texas-shaped waffles; yogurt; & hot cereals. The buffet was well-stocked during our visit.

Some minor details prevented me from giving this property a 5-star rating. The cold, folded eggs, as I've already mentioned. The elevator was excruciatingly s-l-o-w. The hotel only has four floors, but it took no less than five minutes to get from our 4th floor room to the lobby; I know because I timed it! Much too slow for such a small property. The bed was comfy to me, but the surface of the mattress was quite uneven. Not sure if it was due to a mattress cover being used and worn, or if the mattress itself needed to be flipped. I slept fairly well, but my husband did not, and he is typically a sound sleeper.

Also, upon arrival, we found three guests in our room--silverfish were scurrying behind the sofa and up the wall. This property is fairly new, so that may be the reason why these little guys were lurking, but it wasn't the greeting which we were hoping to receive.

The pool area looked small but nice and clean. We did not have a chance to use it during our stay. There was no restaurant, but plenty are located nearby. Also, no room service so I did not rate it.

Nonetheless, we got a good rate and were quite pleased overall with our stay. We would recommend this hotel to friends, and we wouldn't hesitate to stay here again in the future.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Waxahachie
Hampton Inn & Suites Waxahachie
#1 of 2 in Red Oak
Texas Inn Motel
Texas Inn Motel
#7 of 11 in Waxahachie

Been to Comfort Suites Waxahachie? Share your experiences!