“Not the Best”
Review of Motel 6 Waxahachie

Motel 6 Waxahachie
Ranked #10 of 11 Hotels in Waxahachie
Reviewed May 1, 2011

Front desk clerk friendly, room smelled very clean. But, bathroom is tiny, furniture stained. Sheets are old and thin with only a mattress pad under the sheet. Bed itself is old and bows in the middle but the worst is the horrendous stain on the box spring that would be very obvious to anyone making a bed. Were the beds clean and updated to "back" friendly mattresses would be better. The pool was dirty, cleaning equipment left floating in the pool, dirt covered bottom of pool although clerk states chemicals had been added to pool. Pool area has weeds grown up through the cracks. Continental breakfast, Cheerios and Fruit loops with watered down orange juice.

• Stayed: April 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank secretshopped
abviwax, Director of Sales at Motel 6 Waxahachie, responded to this reviewResponded May 5, 2011

I wanted to thank you for posting your comments. I value all of my guest’s feedback, and take their advice, feelings, and comments into deep consideration. I have looked at the issues that you described and have taken corrective measures. We credit our success in the lodging industry to providing great service and quality accommodations at affordable prices. Please return and see how much we value you as a guest.

Reviewed October 1, 2010

I wasn't expecting much from this stay; but was pleasantly surprised. Probably the cleanest room I have had at any price for years. The hotel staff was great and so was the entire stay. Only planned on staying 6 nights, but extended to the 7th so I would not have to gamble an extra night on a hotel I knew nothing about. Even the water pressure was a welcome relief.

I have stayed at Rodeway Inns before without much to write about. This stay seemed to make up for all of the other bad stays I have had.

A little hard to find, but well worth the trouble. Just follow signs to the Super 8 exit 402B (I think, can't remember).

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled on business
1  Thank SPEEDKING45

Greetings I am very happy to see that you enjoyed your stay, and I hope to see you again. We work very hard to make sure that our guests enjoy their stay and will return. We have recently joined one of the fastest growing hospitality groups in the industry Americas Best Value Inn, so that we may better suited the needs of our guests. Please return and see how much we value you as a guest.

Reviewed July 12, 2010

It's a Rodeway Inn. Room was decent sized, bathroom a bit tiny. Place was well kept and the staff was very nice and acommadating.

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled with family
1  Thank PackaBagJohn

Hello I am very happy to see that you enjoyed your stay, and I hope to see you again. We work diligently to make sure that our guests enjoy their stay and will return soon. I wanted to let you know that we have recently joined one of the fastest growing hospitality groups in the industry Americas Best Value Inn, so that we may better suited the needs of our guests. Please return so that we may continue to serve you in your home away from home.

Reviewed May 8, 2006

Location:
If you are going to the Scarborough Renaissance Faire in Waxahachie...this is a great place to stay. Only a short drive to the fair grounds (less than a couple of miles!).

Food:
The continental breakfast was average with waffles, muffins and pastries. No cereals or juices (or at least not anywhere to be seen!). There are a few vending machines at the entrance to the hotel which were not stocked. There are no restaurants at the hotel exit but if you travel 2 exits north on 35E there are quite a few to choose from. (The Chili's is open till midnight on weekends!)

Room:
Average size, not too small. The bathroom on the other hand is incredibly small with just a toilet and shower behind a closed door. Excellent water pressure! Everything was very clean and well maintained. The A/C was not exceptional but kept it cool...not cold. Coffee maker with actual coffee and plenty of cups. Beds were very clean and comfy.

Staff:
Rita is the rep who checked me in. Make sure she gives your credit card back!
Sumant is the manager. He has a very pleasant smile and is very happy to be of service. Just ask him for whatever you need and he will do his best to get it for you!

Other:
Somewhere between late check-in at 10:30pm and Chili's at 11:00pm my credit card was lost/stolen. I do not remember Rita at the front desk giving the card back to me and when we got back to the hotel at about 11:45pm I checked with the front desk. She had already left for the night and there was no credit card left behind. Sumant said he would check with her in the morning. Now maybe she did return it and it fell out of my pocket at Chili's but by 6:30am the next morning there was $378.00 already out of my account. The moral of this story...make sure you know where you credit card is!!! Sumant, again as helpful as can be, reversed the charges and allowed me to place the amount on another card. We went on to the Scarborough Faire (which is not as good as the Renaissance Festival down in Plantersville) and had a grand time!

• Stayed: April 2006