$72
ComfortSuites
$99
Hotels.com
La Quinta Inn & Suites Waxahachie(Waxahachie)(Great Value!)
$64
Hotels.com
HIExpress.com
Motel 6 Waxahachie(Waxahachie)
TripAdvisor
TripAdvisor
All reviewsenglish stylerelaxing getawaystayed longerclaw foot tubenjoy your stayother guestsplace to staymaryhowardmerchantsaromahostsdallasluxuryloungehonorroomy
Reviewed August 27, 2017 via mobile

My husband and I stayed in the cottage for a night. We were visiting friends on our way down to Austin. Mary and Howard are very gracious hosts! The cottage is old (I think 1915 construction) eclectically and charmingly decorated. Enjoyed a nice relaxing bath in the claw foot tub. Slept like a log in the very, very comfortable bed!!! Breakfast was amazing!!! You must make sure you save your appetite for this experience. Thanks Mary & Howard for an enjoyable, relaxing stay.

Stayed: August 2017, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 8, 2017

The English Merchant's Inn is a clean, well-kept, historical home. We enjoyed our stay here very much, and will absolutely return again next time we're in town. The owners are friendly as can be and super accommodating.

• Stayed: June 2017, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 10, 2017

My wife found this B&B and we were both very happy with the entire experience. Owners were very nice and helpful when I explained I had to leave at 7:00am, even providing an early breakfast to send on my way. Included scones and french press coffee - no need for Starbucks here. We will definitely stay here when we return to Waxahachie.

Stayed: May 2017
Reviewed April 30, 2017

The B&B was the best we've been to in the states. Definitely give it a try if you're in the area. Just about 30-40 miles south of Dallas. Mary & Howard were outstanding and welcoming hosts with subtle attention to every little detail...from greeting us with a glass of wine, giving us great suggestions for dinner to the soft comfy bed and perfect pillows and waking to the exquisite wafting aroma of fresh handmade quiche, parfait & breakfast tea waiting for us when we woke...it truly was perfection at every step.

We made new friends with another couple staying at the inn and headed to dinner with them and then spent the next day wandering the Renn Faire picking up bits and pieces for our upcoming vows renewal. We're pretty much decided on holding it at this fair and having Mary & Howard host the whole group at the Inn....yes! It was that special!

She even made us a full English fry up on Sunday morning in his honor. You can't get better service than that! Our sincere thanks to them both for a lovely, lovely weekend...we'll be back!

Room Tip: The rooms are all amazing, we stayed in the suite (Room 4) - Outstanding!
  • Stayed: April 2017, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 10, 2017

My colleague and I needed to work in Corsicana for a couple of days, but we were tired of staying in the normal business hotels. When we saw this gem, we thought we'd take a chance.

The house is quaint and perfectly intriguing for any Anglophile! There is definitely an eclectic vibe going on that makes you smile. From the cozy rooms downstairs where you breakfast or lounge, to the tea station upstairs, you will feel welcomed.

If you are bothered by creaky floor boards, stairs, or sounds from trains outside, this is not your place because it is an old property. However, just bring some ear plugs, because the comfortable beds, luxurious linens, and claw-foot tub will make up for it.

Howard accommodated our early departure schedule one day by giving us a gift card to a coffee shop, so we could get a very early breakfast. The other two days, they altered their normal breakfast schedule to serve us an hour earlier. This was above and beyond and greatly appreciated.

I would definitely come back and enjoy this space during the spring time with my husband. The property and the hosts were lovely!

• Stayed: March 2017, traveled on business