“Great food from Great people”

The Burger and Philly Shack
Ranked #8 of 54 Restaurants in Watauga
Cuisines: American
Reviewed June 19, 2014 via mobile

This place has really great food, the owner David takes pride in what his restaurant serves. Give them a try, you won't be disappointed.

Reviewed April 19, 2014

The wife and I split a philly and fries from this place regularly,reason being is its good.They have several options to go in the Philly.We order ours with onions and jalapenos.I get cheese whizz on my half she gets her half with no cheese.The bread is perfect,the onions are always well cooked and the staff as well as the owner is friendly.By the way the meat is good too.To echo the sentiments of the other reviewer ,"its not From Philly but its darn good" and it's darn good every time.The burgers and other fare I can't speak to.It's a small place maybe 10 or 12 tables or less with an outsde covered patio area with more seating.It's not fine dining but they make a really good Philly in a friendly environment.Keep up the good work.

1  Thank Tom k
Reviewed November 27, 2012

We didn't know what we were going to eat one night and did a roulette spin on urbanspoon and found this place. It must have have been good because there was a 98% like out of 200 people. I had to admit from the outside it look like there was not much going on and pretty dark. The location was very inconspicuous unless you're familiar with the area. We both tried the half philly and it was awesome. The cook added their own twist by putting some banana peppers and jalapenos in the philly. The owner then started a conversation with us and was very kind. He likes to brag that the bread and meat is from philly, the price for the philly, fries and drink were very reasonable. Overall I am definitely going back for some more.

2  Thank blu817