“Just ok...”

Cuisines: Mexican
Dallas/FortWorth
“Just ok...”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 19, 2012

I picked up some tacos for lunch one day. They were nothing special, just average fast food mexican food. I thought it was crazy that they serve fries with their mexican dishes, but I guess maybe some people like that. I used the drive through so I can't really speak about atmosphere, service, etc.

Visited June 2012

common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Go to Bell or Bueno!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 12, 2012 via mobile

The food quality was way below average. We ended up throwing half of our order in the trash cause we couldn't finish it due to it being so gross.

Keller, Texas, United States
“This place having an identity crisis...”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 7, 2012

The menu is weird...is it Baja, is it the Jersy Shore??? Who knows, but I do know 2 things...The shrimp burrito is pretty tasty, but the taco meat is just wrong. That can't be called a taco. It tastes that bad!

Visited April 2012
Fort Worth
“Welcome to Texas”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 25, 2012

Five years we have been without Del Taco (Since our move from California). Being from the originators/founder home area of Barstow/Victorville we know what a REAL Del Taco looks and taste like! Unfortunately on our first visit we were unable to test the Texas Corporate version. Like the other California transplants to Texas (In and Out Burgers), this facility had a line of cars around the building and parking lot, so we parked to go inside. NOT! Line out the door! Welcome to Texas.
Subsequent visit, we fared slightly better. Managed to get inside the door. A remolded custer ice cream building, the restaurant has a new bold, brightly colored, modern look. Interior is corporate Del Taco style and colors. Menu has grown tremendously with items I did not recognize nor remember from five years ago. Near the bottom was "Classic Taco". After Barstow founder sold out, these could be 'special ordered' only in Barstow and Victorville. Rest of California had no idea what we were talking about. They were larger than the new corporate taco with more meat, cheese and had tomatoes. Thank goodness, the classic stood up to my standards! Lots of tasty meat, fresh lettuce, cheese, and tomatoes! Packets of hot sauce were replaced with dispensers, with Inferno and Del Scorcho. Pepsi soda fountain even contained diet Dr. Pepper. For fans of Del Taco all the other old and new favorites wee on the menu. Order taker said majority of customers were from California with lots of new "Never been here before..." Texans. Not being a fan of Tex Mex, Del Taco is my favorite Mexican fair available in our newly adopted home state.
Welcome to Texas!